Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Maine Gov. Signs Bill Allowing
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Maine Gov. Signs Bill Allowing (Read 195 times)
JohnnyBLate
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Maine Gov. Signs Bill Allowing
Jun 12th, 2019 at 2:03am
Print Post  
Non-Doctors to Perform Abortions

Maine’s newly elected Democratic governor, Janet Mills, signed a bill Monday granting medical professionals who are not licensed doctors the authority to perform abortion procedures.

In a statement released Monday, Mills argued that the bill, which will allow registered nurses and physician assistants to administer abortion-inducing drugs and perform in-clinic abortions.

“Allowing qualified and licensed medical professionals to perform abortions will ensure that Maine women, especially those in rural areas, are able to access critical reproductive health care services when and where they need them from qualified providers they know and trust,” Mills said.

Maine joins California, Colorado, Vermont, and New Hampshire in allowing individuals who are not licensed physicians to administer abortions.

“States across the country, including Vermont and New Hampshire, have already eliminated this outdated restriction on abortion care,” said Democratic state representative Sara Gideon, who sponsored the bill. “This law will allow women to receive the care they need from a provider they trust and eliminate the financial and logistical hurdles they face today.”

Carroll Conley, executive director of the Christian Civil League of Maine, told the New York Times that his group objects to the bill on purely philosophical grounds but also raised a number of pragmatic concerns, including whether nurses would receive adequate training in how to administer abortions by the time the law takes effect in September, and whether patients might be placed in danger if they have an emergency medical complication at one of the remote clinics where the bill is designed to facilitate abortion access.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/maine-gov-signs-bill-allowing-154637705.html

IP Logged

Pottery by Prometheus
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Funky Claude From Montreux

Re: Maine Gov. Signs Bill Allowing
Reply #1 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 2:05am
Print Post  
Why not? Human life is not worth anything.

IP Logged

JohnnyBLate
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #2 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 2:13am
Print Post  
Pottery by Prometheus wrote on Jun 12th, 2019 at 2:05am:

They're not to the planet.

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #3 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 6:10am
Print Post  
I didn't realize that RNs can perform any surgery at all.  Sorry, but I don't believe I'd want any RN's cut me open.  I have a Nurse Practitioner (more education than an RN) who does all of my cancer exams and whom I trust implicitly, but slicing me open, not sure.  Of course, Planned Parenthood facilities don't use docs, or do they?

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 8:50am
Print Post  
she is appealing to her base...

the state has the oldest population in the country, tax base is shrinking, businesses are leaving, schools are closing and consolidating....and they ways they've grown revenue is to simply keeping instituting higher taxes for those that are working...and this is her platform...

for those outside maine, you will love her other platform...that she is going to bring high speed internet to maine, as opposed to dial up, and that is what will attract businesses to the state...

https://www.newscentermaine.com/article/money/mills-cheers-new-faster-internet-s...

Now, I'd agree that having internet is a must if you have a business...BUT, its a spec, not an attractive feature to use marketing terms...

her saying having internet will attract business is a bit like having 3 wheels on a car, and saying if we have a 4th, we can win the indy 500...

you have to shake your head at the level of incompetence. Sadly, many of the 75+ year old people believe having internet is cutting edge tech...I don't blame them...but the gov of a state needs to know better...

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Jun 12th, 2019 at 8:50am:
she is appealing to her base...

the state has the oldest population in the country, tax base is shrinking, businesses are leaving, schools are closing and consolidating....and they ways they've grown revenue is to simply keeping instituting higher taxes for those that are working...and this is her platform...

for those outside maine, you will love her other platform...that she is going to bring high speed internet to maine, as opposed to dial up, and that is what will attract businesses to the state...

https://www.newscentermaine.com/article/money/mills-cheers-new-faster-internet-s...

Now, I'd agree that having internet is a must if you have a business...BUT, its a spec, not an attractive feature to use marketing terms...

her saying having internet will attract business is a bit like having 3 wheels on a car, and saying if we have a 4th, we can win the indy 500...

you have to shake your head at the level of incompetence. Sadly, many of the 75+ year old people believe having internet is cutting edge tech...I don't blame them...but the gov of a state needs to know better...

Actually, it is "cutting edge".  It's been tweaked here and there to improve service and delivery, but those are just improvements,  My generation relied on newspapers and radio and books for information.  All very accurate, if you use the correct newspaper, books, station (or channel now).

However, misinformation is still readily available in all forms of communication, and, as far as I'm concerned, the speed has not necessarily enabled accuracy.

Since I have definitely passed the 75 y.o. mark, please enlighten me as what is "cutting edge" tech today?  This still inquirering mind really does want to know.

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Courage is fearing something,
then doing it anyway

Reply #6 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
Pottery by Prometheus wrote on Jun 12th, 2019 at 2:05am:

Show me in the Bible where abortion is banned.

Show me in the Bible where a fetus is considered a living human being.

Hypocrites.

I'm not going to feel bad about a POTENTIAL human being. It's a glop of cells you are calling a human, and if I put that glop in your hand, you would likely cringe in disgust.

In my mind, if it is capable of achieving consciousness if removed from the mother, then it should not be aborted.

The problem with your position, it seems to me, is that there is no compromise. You consider the act of conception to be human life. I don't. Where can we meet in the middle?

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Jun 12th, 2019 at 12:49pm:
Actually, it is "cutting edge".  It's been tweaked here and there to improve service and delivery, but those are just improvements,  My generation relied on newspapers and radio and books for information.  All very accurate, if you use the correct newspaper, books, station (or channel now).

However, misinformation is still readily available in all forms of communication, and, as far as I'm concerned, the speed has not necessarily enabled accuracy.

Since I have definitely passed the 75 y.o. mark, please enlighten me as what is "cutting edge" tech today?  This still inquirering mind really does want to know.

What I mean is back in the 1990s to about 2003 a state could say we have wired internet access and that was something that could be used to attract a number of businesses. But having internet or broadband access as a competitive advantage for a state to attract business ended about 15 -20 years ago.

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #8 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Where's Useless and his picture post?   Grin

IP Logged

Pottery by Prometheus
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Funky Claude From Montreux

Reply #9 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 12:34am
Print Post  
Why don't we let plumbers do abortions?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Maine Gov. Signs Bill Allowing

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules