Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › US Sending 1,000 Troops to Poland
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) US Sending 1,000 Troops to Poland (Read 167 times)
Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

US Sending 1,000 Troops to Poland
Jun 12th, 2019 at 4:13pm
Print Post  

Quote:
‘Fort Trump’ for Poland? Not Quite.

The Trump administration has been mainly focused on the strategic threat from China in recent months, but U.S. President Donald Trump is signaling that he is keeping at least one eye on Russia, the only other nation the Pentagon believes could pose an existential threat to the United States.

After months of focusing on the trade war and military competition with Beijing, Trump this week moved to step up the U.S. military presence in Eastern Europe to deter Russian aggression. Trump announced plans to send an additional 1,000 troops to Poland during a joint press conference in Washington on Wednesday with Polish President Andrzej Duda.

Some experts said the troop increase is less about responding to any new Russian threat and more about rewarding Poland for its commitment to security. Poland is one of just eight NATO member countries that meets the alliance commitment of spending 2 percent of GDP on defense, a key sore spot in U.S.-NATO relations under Trump. Ever since his presidential campaign, Trump has harshly criticized members for not spending enough on security, particularly Germany...

The “noncombat” troops will be mostly focused on logistics and support, the official said, stressing that their presence will not violate a 1997 security agreement that prohibits the permanent basing of NATO troops in former Warsaw Pact countries...

In addition to the additional troops, the United States will establish a forward-deployed division headquarters and a combat training center, to be jointly used by Polish and U.S. forces in Drawsko Pomorskie, Poland, and eventually other locations, according to the joint resolution Trump and Duda signed on Wednesday. The United States will also stand up a U.S. Air Force surveillance squadron of MQ-9 Reaper drones and a U.S. special operations forces capability in Poland. In addition, the United States will build infrastructure to support the presence of an armored brigade combat team, a combat aviation brigade, and a combat sustainment support battalion.

Source

So, we're rewarding them for spending more on defense by committing more troops, etc. to Poland? Wasn't the point of NATO states increasing their defense spending that we could reduce our commitments?

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

"I am the rightest of
rights" - Jassmin 8-24-19

Re: US Sending 1,000 Troops to Poland
Reply #1 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
I know!

Our troops will march into Poland backwards and say they are leaving!

What is the cost of lies? It's not that we'll mistake them for the truth. The real danger is that if we hear enough lies, then we no longer recognize the truth at all. What can we do then? What else is left but to abandon the hope of truth and content ourselves instead with stories. In these stories it doesn't matter who the heroes are. All we want to know is who is to blame. - V. Legasov

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Aiiiiyee!!!!!

Greg from Cleveland!!!

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #3 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Huh?

This article makes no sense.

My son is shipping out to Poland on Sept 4th for 9 months as part of his National Guard artillery unit for joint exercises.

He has known about this since before he enlisted over a year ago ...  I've mentioned it on the boards multiple times.

Why does this article make it sound like these are new things?

Queshank

The question isn't whether or not we're descended from monkeys.  The question is, when are we going to stop descending?

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

"I am the rightest of

Reply #4 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Jun 12th, 2019 at 4:20pm:
Aiiiiyee!!!!!

Greg from Cleveland!!!

Reminds me vaguely of a Polish film I saw in the early  70's about some sort of community award dinner where everything falls apart and the guests wind up walking off, one by one, with the food, decorations, even the chairs.

What is the cost of lies? It's not that we'll mistake them for the truth. The real danger is that if we hear enough lies, then we no longer recognize the truth at all. What can we do then? What else is left but to abandon the hope of truth and content ourselves instead with stories. In these stories it doesn't matter who the heroes are. All we want to know is who is to blame. - V. Legasov

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #5 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 4:38pm
Print Post  

Queshank wrote on Jun 12th, 2019 at 4:27pm:
My son is shipping out to Poland on Sept 4th for 9 months as part of his National Guard artillery unit for joint exercises.

Why does this article make it sound like these are new things?

It seems to be new things. None of the articles I've read on this are about the National Guard or joint exercises:

AP
Stars and Stripes
Defense One

These appear to be regular troops that will be deployed to Poland, increasing the current total (there are already 4,500 there according to Stars & Stripes), and it's not just troops that are part of the agreement.

IP Logged

Mojo-Jojo
LNF Representative3

The hobo fohmally known
as Jojo is no mo'.

Reply #6 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
Poland?

WTF do we have military assets in Poland?

The Cold War ended a couple decades ago, no?

If you are more fortunate than others, build a longer table, not a taller fence.

Oh noes! Virtue Signaling!!

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #7 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Mojo-Jojo wrote on Jun 12th, 2019 at 4:45pm:
Poland?

WTF do we have military assets in Poland?

The Cold War ended a couple decades ago, no?

I suppose since the left has been doing everything they can to restart the Cold War ... we've gotta respond.

(That's my criticism ... much earned ... of the Democrats and the media.)

Meanwhile yeah it's crappity smacked up.  What the crappity smack? 

I'm not exactly in a good mood about my son shipping out there.  The more our politicians ramp up their anti Russia rhetoric "punish Russia for daring to behave like the United States" bullshit the more dangerous the world becomes. 

Queshank

The question isn't whether or not we're descended from monkeys.  The question is, when are we going to stop descending?

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

"I am the rightest of

Reply #8 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Good pickles.

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #9 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Jun 12th, 2019 at 4:13pm:
Source

So, we're rewarding them for spending more on defense by committing more troops, etc. to Poland? Wasn't the point of NATO states increasing their defense spending that we could reduce our commitments?

Smiley

Ignorant Blessings from Wads:

Wadsworth wrote on Feb 19th, 2019 at 9:18am:
Regulations are designed to protect the consumer and the worker.  If it doesn’t,it is not a regulation.

"Watched it.  A shotgun is for long ranged shooting.  That is why hunters like them.  An AR-15 is not.  That video was misleading.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › US Sending 1,000 Troops to Poland

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog