Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEntertainment Board › Surprise boxes
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Surprise boxes (Read 259 times)
Jasmine
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Surprise boxes
Jun 21st, 2019 at 12:34am
Print Post  
Does anyone subscribe to surprise boxes? Every month or so, you get a "crate" full of surprise goodies. For example, here's a behind-the-scenes look at the WWE Slam Crates, as hosted by Alexa Bliss:

Here's a pop culture crate from ZBox, as hosted by Amberoo (I like her; she's so cute and funny. I love her accent!):

I like getting surprises, but I don't think these things are for me. If I'm going to spend money, I want to spend them on things I *KNOW* I will like and enjoy.

Angelina Love with the Botox Injection!

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

[i]Latin quote hinting
at my great intellect.[/i]

Re: Surprise boxes
Reply #1 - Jun 22nd, 2019 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
I agree. Can’t spend money on these sorts of things.

Can’t help but notice that my 3 year old son loves the DC comics “blind bags”, with 3 inch action figures.

Little foil bags that you can’t see inside of where you get a new-look Batman or a lex Luther in a special suit or some very obscure DC character from the 60s.

I admit I do love those as well, but they’re only $3, and you have a general understanding that you’re going to get a 3 inch action figure to play with all of your other figures.

But maybe it says something that there are adults who love that aspect of surprise at the end of spending money as well?

Wadsworth wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 3:31pm:
We are talking about this government, aren't we?  If we were any other kind of government like China or NK, we would not even be having this discussion because you would not even be allowed to own a gun. 

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #2 - Jun 22nd, 2019 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Jun 22nd, 2019 at 3:01pm:
I agree. Can’t spend money on these sorts of things.

Can’t help but notice that my 3 year old son loves the DC comics “blind bags”, with 3 inch action figures.

Little foil bags that you can’t see inside of where you get a new-look Batman or a lex Luther in a special suit or some very obscure DC character from the 60s.

I admit I do love those as well, but they’re only $3, and you have a general understanding that you’re going to get a 3 inch action figure to play with all of your other figures.

But maybe it says something that there are adults who love that aspect of surprise at the end of spending money as well?

I love surprise gifts, but if I’m spending my own money on something I want to know exactly what I’m getting.  Smiley

IP Logged

Michael and Jello
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

I can't play the cello

Reply #3 - Jun 24th, 2019 at 3:07am
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Jun 21st, 2019 at 12:34am:
Does anyone subscribe to surprise boxes? Every month or so, you get a "crate" full of surprise goodies. For example, here's a behind-the-scenes look at the WWE Slam Crates, as hosted by Alexa Bliss:

Here's a pop culture crate from ZBox, as hosted by Amberoo (I like her; she's so cute and funny. I love her accent!):

I like getting surprises, but I don't think these things are for me. If I'm going to spend money, I want to spend them on things I *KNOW* I will like and enjoy.

Based on the second video you pay to have someone send you a box of stuff they found in a gas station rest stop on the motorway.

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #4 - Jun 26th, 2019 at 9:32am
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Jun 22nd, 2019 at 10:52pm:
I love surprise gifts, but if I’m spending my own money on something I want to know exactly what I’m getting.  Smiley

My wife and I talked about signing up for lootcrate.

Not so much for surprise gifts, but because the stuff always looks pretty cool and it looks like the kind of stuff I might buy anyway.  It's not the surprise factor so much as it is the "decision removed" factor.  I don't have to go hunting for cool trinkets and shit, it'll be hand delivered to me every month.  Who doesn't need a new Rick & Morty Tshirt every month?

But that was 5 years ago when we talked about it.  And we never did.  Because reality always kicks in and I remember that's the kind of stuff I might have bought 30 years ago... now I don't spend money on shit I don't need.  And yes, thank you very much, I did in fact need to spend $100 on video games last month.  There was a sale on dammit.

Queshank

The question isn't whether or not we're descended from monkeys.  The question is, when are we going to stop descending?

IP Logged

LadyBug
LNF Senior Staffer4
LNF Bunker

Hey Everybody! Good to
be back.

Reply #5 - Jun 26th, 2019 at 9:59am
Print Post  
Not for me, thanks very much. I have enough clutter to manage in my house. I'm sure not going to pay for boxes of it at a time.

I wish I knew how to stop the "freebies" sent by charities all the time. Most of it is just more clutter, and poor quality at that, like their tote bags. I've already received four wall calendars for next year, and I'm sure more are on their way. I don't even use one wall calendar anymore. Does anyone?  Roll Eyes

"Life is what happens while you're making other plans."

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #6 - Jun 26th, 2019 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Jun 26th, 2019 at 9:32am:
And yes, thank you very much, I did in fact need to spend $100 on video games last month.  There was a sale on dammit.

I remember those days. I used to spend around that much on Playstation games. I don't regret it, because most of those games gave me hours and hours of fun. But now I never play with them anymore.

IP Logged

Michael and Jello
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

I can't play the cello

Reply #7 - Jun 26th, 2019 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
I could get into it if it was music and books.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Jun 28th, 2019 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Jun 26th, 2019 at 8:12pm:
I remember those days. I used to spend around that much on Playstation games. I don't regret it, because most of those games gave me hours and hours of fun. But now I never play with them anymore.

Look at you! All grown up and all!

Queshank wrote on Oct 25th, 2018 at 9:13am:
FC,

I've been thinking about how I can respond conversationally without coming across as a total dick.

Queshank

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

"I am the rightest of
rights" - Jassmin 8-24-19

Reply #9 - Jul 12th, 2019 at 3:27am
Print Post  
I gotta big surprise for the ladies...

What is the cost of lies? It's not that we'll mistake them for the truth. The real danger is that if we hear enough lies, then we no longer recognize the truth at all. What can we do then? What else is left but to abandon the hope of truth and content ourselves instead with stories. In these stories it doesn't matter who the heroes are. All we want to know is who is to blame. - V. Legasov

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEntertainment Board › Surprise boxes

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News