Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Pass Me That Crutch
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Pass Me That Crutch (Read 68 times)
Sundog
LNF Intern20

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Pass Me That Crutch
Jul 1st, 2019 at 10:59am
Print Post  
Hebrews 13:6 - So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?” - More than once I've heard unbelievers say that Christians use "religion" as a crutch. I think that's the whole point of being one, because the entire human race is sinful and can't do anything on it's own to please God and needs a crutch. Like Christ said in John 15:5 -  ...apart from me you can do nothing - Even Christ was completely dependent on his father while he was here. Weakness is considered undesirable in most Earthly "wisdom", but God considers it a good thing for us. As the Apostle Paul said in 2 Corinthians 12:9 - ... I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me - . When God sent Christ to save us he provided a "crutch" to anyone who wants to use it.  whataboutjesus.com
« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2019 at 11:12am by Sundog »  

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Pass Me That Crutch
Reply #1 - Jul 3rd, 2019 at 11:48am
Print Post  
Sundog wrote on Jul 1st, 2019 at 10:59am:
Hebrews 13:6 - So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?” - More than once I've heard unbelievers say that Christians use "religion" as a crutch. I think that's the whole point of being one, because the entire human race is sinful and can't do anything on it's own to please God and needs a crutch. Like Christ said in John 15:5 -  ...apart from me you can do nothing - Even Christ was completely dependent on his father while he was here. Weakness is considered undesirable in most Earthly "wisdom", but God considers it a good thing for us. As the Apostle Paul said in 2 Corinthians 12:9 - ... I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me - . When God sent Christ to save us he provided a "crutch" to anyone who wants to use it.  whataboutjesus.com

Following Jesus is about him being our crutch.  We are program to think we can do it alone, without help.  God says we can lessen our load, that he has ordained our steps and when we surrender to his will our lives become less burdensome, our worries are less as are our fears.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Pass Me That Crutch

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules