Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Would you be OK with Trump defying a Supreme Court order about the Census question?
Poll
Poll Question: Would you be OK with Trump defying a Supreme Court Order?
bars   pie

Yes, it's OK    
  10 (58.8%)
No, it's NOT OK    
  7 (41.2%)

Total votes: 17
« Created by: Greg55_99 on: Jul 5th, 2019 at 1:39pm »
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Would you be OK with Trump defying a Supreme Court order about the Census question? (Read 577 times)
Wally Wants A Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Re: Would you be OK with Trump defying a Supreme Court order about the Census question?
Reply #30 - Jul 7th, 2019 at 8:53am
Print Post  
The title of this post is misleading.  The President would not be "defying a Supreme Court order".  The SCOTUS was vague in its ruling and allowed for the Administration bringing tis matter back before the court.  One way this can be done is for the President to take executive action, which will be challenged before the ink is dry on the order he signs. The President and the Attorney General are considering their options.  One of the options they are considering is for the President to issue an EO.

" The few will always act like the few.�

�Machiavelli

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”

― Socrates

img]https://i.imgur.com/prBnexU.jpg[/img]
WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Would you be OK with Trump defying a Supreme Court order about the Census question?
Reply #31 - Jul 7th, 2019 at 9:16am
Print Post  
Wally Wants A Wall wrote on Jul 7th, 2019 at 8:53am:
The title of this post is misleading.  The President would not be "defying a Supreme Court order".  The SCOTUS was vague in its ruling and allowed for the Administration bringing tis matter back before the court.  One way this can be done is for the President to take executive action, which will be challenged before the ink is dry on the order he signs. The President and the Attorney General are considering their options.  One of the options they are considering is for the President to issue an EO.

That is false. The court said if a question about citizenship is to be added to to the census, it must come to them FIRST. 

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Wally Wants A Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #32 - Jul 7th, 2019 at 9:37am
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Jul 7th, 2019 at 9:16am:
That is false. The court said if a question about citizenship is to be added to to the census, it must come to them FIRST. 

Greg

what Marxist Blog Post did you read this at?

�Machiavelli

― Socrates

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Reply #33 - Jul 7th, 2019 at 11:05am
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Jul 5th, 2019 at 1:39pm:
The Supreme Court has told the Trump Administration it cannot put a question on the Census regarding citizenship until it can provide a TRUTHFUL reason for doing so to the court.  Trump is making noises he'll do it regardless of what the Courts says.  In other words, if he doesn't go BACK to the Court with a valid reason for adding the question and adds it anyway, he will be in defiance of a Supreme Court Order. 

OK with you?

Greg

If the SCOTUS said an action performed by the President was illegal according to such-and-such law or was unconstitutional, no, I would not support President doing that action.

IP Logged

Wally Wants A Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #34 - Jul 7th, 2019 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Maestro wrote on Jul 7th, 2019 at 11:05am:
If the SCOTUS said an action performed by the President was illegal according to such-and-such law or was unconstitutional, no, I would not support President doing that action.
You nailed it!  The SCOTUS was not convinced by the agencies argument but they were vague in their 'ruling' and basically left it open to have the litigants come back with a better defined argument.  The issued no decisive, clear, unambiguous ruling and probably did so on purpose.  This left the door open to finding an argument which would meet the Constitutional test of th SCOTUS. (it reminds me of the first draft of the President's "Travel Ban" when once it was rewritten, along with the Attorney General, was ruled to be constitutional.

�Machiavelli

― Socrates

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Danny
LNF Senior Staffer3

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #35 - Jul 7th, 2019 at 11:15am
Print Post  
The high court’s decision sent the question back to the lower courts as the Department of Commerce was told that it could try to re-write the question.

The commerce department needed the decision by the court by the end of June so they could have ample time to print the census form out before it starts on April 1, 2020. Even if the Department of Commerce rewrites the controversial question, the Supreme Court can’t decide on it until its next session as the court goes on a break until their October term.

https://www.balita.com/garcetti-praises-sc-ruling-on-censuss-citizenship-questio...

IP Logged

Wally Wants A Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #36 - Jul 7th, 2019 at 11:19am
Print Post  
Danny wrote on Jul 7th, 2019 at 11:15am:
The high court’s decision sent the question back to the lower courts as the Department of Commerce was told that it could try to re-write the question.

The commerce department needed the decision by the court by the end of June so they could have ample time to print the census form out before it starts on April 1, 2020. Even if the Department of Commerce rewrites the controversial question, the Supreme Court can’t decide on it until its next session as the court goes on a break until their October term.

https://www.balita.com/garcetti-praises-sc-ruling-on-censuss-citizenship-questio...

What the SCOTUS did and what they did not do reminds me of the case (for or against) The Affordable Care Act, which is currently under review at the Appeals Court Level and destined for the Supreme Court.  The Constitutionality of the Ponzi Scheme created by Congress and signed into law by Obama is now under far greater scrutiny since the individual mandate has been repealed.

�Machiavelli

― Socrates

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #37 - Jul 7th, 2019 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Wally Wants A Wall wrote on Jul 7th, 2019 at 11:13am:
You nailed it!  The SCOTUS was not convinced by the agencies argument but they were vague in their 'ruling' and basically left it open to have the litigants come back with a better defined argument.  The issued no decisive, clear, unambiguous ruling and probably did so on purpose.  This left the door open to finding an argument which would meet the Constitutional test of th SCOTUS. (it reminds me of the first draft of the President's "Travel Ban" when once it was rewritten, along with the Attorney General, was ruled to be constitutional.

Actually, the court said Trump was LYING and said he'd better come up with a better reason.  In the meantime, the question does not get added to the census.  Nothing vague about that.

Greg

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #38 - Jul 7th, 2019 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
The freak out of the left is fun to watch

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #39 - Jul 7th, 2019 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jul 7th, 2019 at 1:40pm:
The freak out of the left is fun to watch

CC my good and true friend, congratulations.  You are NOW officially a Right Wing Hack.  Pat yourself on the back.   Grin

Greg

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Would you be OK with Trump defying a Supreme Court order about the Census question?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules