Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › reparations - how far back does blame go...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) reparations - how far back does blame go... (Read 596 times)
Beryl
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

I can't play the cello

Re: reparations - how far back does blame go...
Reply #20 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 2:05am
Print Post  
Seawolf has been running around the forum trying to convert everybody. That's new.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #21 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 7:21am
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on Jul 8th, 2019 at 10:46pm:
No, not you. You're worse. You don't want to kill us, you want to convert us. Stay out of my soul, man. You cannot possibly understand how fun it is to be Jewish. I truly feel sorry for you. Not because our Faiths are different, but because you only have Faith, no culture. Maybe if you protestants survive another thousand years, then maybe you will have a culture, but right now, you don't. Nothing ties you together except your faith, and we have found that in the long run, culture matters more.

That is the great news about God, he adopts us into his fanily.  You had no more of a say in his choosing the Jews as his people then you do about adopting us as his children.  To add more wrath you mock his creation.  Everyone of us are his creation, when you reject people you mock him for who he has made.  Sad when you think about it.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Wally Wants A Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #22 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 7:45am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 7:21am:
That is the great news about God, he adopts us into his fanily.  You had no more of a say in his choosing the Jews as his people then you do about adopting us as his children.  To add more wrath you mock his creation.  Everyone of us are his creation, when you reject people you mock him for who he has made.  Sad when you think about it.

Do you believe that everyone has a soul and still maintains control of it; or do you think that Faust may have been far more a work of non-fiction and a cautionary tale?  Was Mephistopheles a Marxist? Roll Eyes

" The few will always act like the few.�

�Machiavelli

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”

― Socrates

img]https://i.imgur.com/prBnexU.jpg[/img]
WWWAIM  
IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #23 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 7:55am
Print Post  
No, not you. You're worse. You don't want to kill us, you want to convert us. Stay out of my soul, man. You cannot possibly understand how fun it is to be Jewish. I truly feel sorry for you. Not because our Faiths are different, but because you only have Faith, no culture. Maybe if you protestants survive another thousand years, then maybe you will have a culture, but right now, you don't. Nothing ties you together except your faith, and we have found that in the long run, culture matters more.

Two things come to mind. Absolute arrogance. And two, someone who has no understanding of faith and acceptance.

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #24 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 8:02am
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Jul 8th, 2019 at 2:19pm:
Your family's experiences are by no means unique to Americans, and my family shares many of these issues with  yours. However these experiences pale before the genocidal phenomenon of American enslavement of Africans, and the century plus of brutal discrimination that followed it.

Personally I support reparations for the descendants of slavery. Not for the monetary value of the reparations, but for the symbolic value, which is far greater. I am reminded of the comments of the victims and descendants of Japanese Americans who were put into concentration camps during WWII. For the victims, the monetary reparations were secondary to the official apology the US government gave them. I suspect descendants of African Americans who were enslaved would have much the same reaction: it's the apology and not the gold that is most valuable.

How do we know what blacks are the descendents of slaves in the United States?  Do we just assume that all of them are?  How much money per person does each descendent get?  Who pays for it?    Do they want just enough money to get back to their original homeland?  Do they know where that is?  Do they want to remain here, where life evidently is so bad for them? 

Seriously, how does giving the blacks currently living in the U.S help the slaves held in the past?  I honestly don't get it.  Heck, I don't even know if my ancestors were living in the U.S. at the time of slavery.  I do imagine that there never was enough money to own another person and I don't believe that anyone would have been interested in doing that anyway.  We have the old germanic work ethic; if you want something, work for it, earn enough money, then buy it, period.  I don't recall anyone talking about Great Aunt Maude and her slave Sharina.

Would reparations be based on the prices of the times back then?  After all, we haven't bought or sold slaves for over a century and one half.  What would the rate be?  That's waaaaay longer than slaves were actually bought and sold here.  Oh dang.  So many questions.  My head hurts.

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Courage is fearing something,
then doing it anyway

Reply #25 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 9:49am
Print Post  
petep wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 7:55am:
Two things come to mind. Absolute arrogance. And two, someone who has no understanding of faith and acceptance.

I am arrogant, you got that right. But it is actually one of my most endearing traits, if you knew me in real life. It translates into confidence not just in myself, but in those around me, and like Faith, it is a belief and a choice. Which is why it is ironic that you would say that I don't understand Faith. I think I do more than most, and actively, fully consciously, include it in my life. People who believe because they are told to, or worse, because they think that some natural phenomena 'proves' their belief, don't really have Faith. They have an illusion, and a sense of elitism, but Faith? Not a drop. I pity them, for when they actually need this most amazing coping mechanism, it will not be there for them. My Faith is rock solid, and has been tested under fire (unfortunately), and gave me strength when I needed it.

Now acceptance, that is another topic entirely. If you mean pragmatism (which I don't think you are meaning), then I challenge you to find a more pragmatic individual. If, on the other hand, you mean seeing the world as it is, and doing nothing about it, i.e. accepting it, then you can have it. That is the definition of conservatism, the love of what is, instead of what could be.

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #26 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 10:16am
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 9:49am:
I am arrogant, you got that right. But it is actually one of my most endearing traits, if you knew me in real life. It translates into confidence not just in myself, but in those around me, and like Faith, it is a belief and a choice. Which is why it is ironic that you would say that I don't understand Faith. I think I do more than most, and actively, fully consciously, include it in my life. People who believe because they are told to, or worse, because they think that some natural phenomena 'proves' their belief, don't really have Faith. They have an illusion, and a sense of elitism, but Faith? Not a drop. I pity them, for when they actually need this most amazing coping mechanism, it will not be there for them. My Faith is rock solid, and has been tested under fire (unfortunately), and gave me strength when I needed it.

Now acceptance, that is another topic entirely. If you mean pragmatism (which I don't think you are meaning), then I challenge you to find a more pragmatic individual. If, on the other hand, you mean seeing the world as it is, and doing nothing about it, i.e. accepting it, then you can have it. That is the definition of conservatism, the love of what is, instead of what could be.

sadly, you do not know the difference between arrogance and confidence...this may help you.

http://marietta-psychologist.blogspot.com/2012/03/difference-between-confidence-...

your post projects arrogance of the worst kind...

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Courage is fearing something,
then doing it anyway

Reply #27 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 10:17am
Print Post  
petep wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 10:16am:
sadly, you do not know the difference between arrogance and confidence...this may help you.

http://marietta-psychologist.blogspot.com/2012/03/difference-between-confidence-...

your post projects arrogance of the worst kind...

You misunderstand. I was politely saying that YOU don't understand the difference.

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

[i]Latin quote hinting
at my great intellect.[/i]

Reply #28 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 10:50am
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on Jul 8th, 2019 at 3:35pm:
Trump has brought out the voices of the silent conservative Christians, whose goal is to do worse than destroy Israel. Their goal is to convert Jews to Christianity. I can name at least one person in this very forum who has admitted to wanting just that.

Also, the right wing has all the conspiracy theorists.

Lulz.

You can even name "one person" on "this very forum"?

Looks like you've cracked the case, detective.

Tell me everything about your new t-shirt. Give me all of the details.

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

[i]Latin quote hinting
at my great intellect.[/i]

Reply #29 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 10:51am
Print Post  
You cannot possibly understand how fun it is to be Jewish.

You get weirder and weirder as time goes on.

Tell me everything about your new t-shirt. Give me all of the details.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › reparations - how far back does blame go...

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules