Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › reparations - how far back does blame go...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) reparations - how far back does blame go... (Read 854 times)
Freon_Bale
LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

Courage is fearing something,
then doing it anyway

Re: reparations - how far back does blame go...
Reply #30 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 10:58am
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 10:51am:
You get weirder and weirder as time goes on.

Thank you. I consider that the highest compliment.

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #31 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Jul 8th, 2019 at 12:46pm:
there are quite a few prominent political candidates who seem to support this...

It got me thinking...my great grandfather was from lithuania, captured by russians, escaped from a prison camp, came to america...my grandmother came from ireland, facing great persecution...her parents and her and siblings made it here...mom died, she and siblings in orphanage...dad died, she went to work 12 hour days, 5 days a week, at age 12, as all siblings at orphanage were younger...this was the "irish need not apply days"

never one in my entire life did I ever think about where I am in my life as a function of my ancestors lot in life...

maybe if I grew up with bad parents, in an abusive home, I may be able to cast some blame on my parents, for some period of time before accepting responsibility for my own life...but it'd never occur to me to go back to my grandparents or great grandparents situation...  let alone what, 4-7 generations back....

I want the bloody Romans, Anglo Saxons and French Vikings to leave, leave now, and give me my country back and a lot of money.

THAT’S how far back. And the Palestinians owe the Jews money too, no excuses for being part of what happened a hundred generations ago.

I have a new t shirt.

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

then doing it anyway

Reply #32 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 2:28pm:
I want the bloody Romans, Anglo Saxons and French Vikings to leave, leave now, and give me my country back and a lot of money.

THAT’S how far back. And the Palestinians owe the Jews money too, no excuses for being part of what happened a hundred generations ago.

Dude, you're thinking too small. Let's just blame G-d.

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #33 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 2:30pm:
Dude, you're thinking too small. Let's just blame G-d.

Nah. Who’s His boss? Let’s take it to the top.

I have a new t shirt.

IP Logged

admin
LNF Administrator

To contact Admin send
a PM

Reply #34 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Jul 8th, 2019 at 12:46pm:
there are quite a few prominent political candidates who seem to support this...

It got me thinking...my great grandfather was from lithuania, captured by russians, escaped from a prison camp, came to america...my grandmother came from ireland, facing great persecution...her parents and her and siblings made it here...mom died, she and siblings in orphanage...dad died, she went to work 12 hour days, 5 days a week, at age 12, as all siblings at orphanage were younger...this was the "irish need not apply days"

never one in my entire life did I ever think about where I am in my life as a function of my ancestors lot in life...

maybe if I grew up with bad parents, in an abusive home, I may be able to cast some blame on my parents, for some period of time before accepting responsibility for my own life...but it'd never occur to me to go back to my grandparents or great grandparents situation...  let alone what, 4-7 generations back....

- you need reparations  Cheesy

Welcome to the Liberty News Forum - News and Political Discussion Forum.
IP Logged

Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

I can't play the cello

Reply #35 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 1:15am
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 2:43pm:
Nah. Who’s His boss? Let’s take it to the top.

Wilf

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #36 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 6:16am
Print Post  
You are aware that President Trump's daughter is a Jewess, aren't you?  I don't know in what year she converted, but she did.

On edit:  https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/ivanka-trump-opens-converting-orthodox-juda...
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2019 at 6:21am by crepe05 »  

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

then doing it anyway

Reply #37 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 9:44am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 6:16am:
You are aware that President Trump's daughter is a Jewess, aren't you?  I don't know in what year she converted, but she did.

On edit:  https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/ivanka-trump-opens-converting-orthodox-juda...

She's Orthodox. That is the smallest movement within Judaism, the most religiously conservative, and the least representative of the three main movements (and thus, the bulk of Judaism).

The Orthodox consider Israel their right, as stated in the Torah. A divine mandate to be there. I, and at least half of American Jews, consider that perspective to be arrogant, and a justification to discriminate and not follow international law.

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #38 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 11:19am
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 9:44am:
She's Orthodox. That is the smallest movement within Judaism, the most religiously conservative, and the least representative of the three main movements (and thus, the bulk of Judaism).

The Orthodox consider Israel their right, as stated in the Torah. A divine mandate to be there. I, and at least half of American Jews, consider that perspective to be arrogant, and a justification to discriminate and not follow international law.

Are you serious?  You've really got to be kidding.  If not, then you and those who believe as you do, are definitely some of the most arrogant and pompous beings on the face of God's green earth.  If you don't believe in the Torah, what is your Holy scripture, if you have any.

Is everything based on size for you?  There are a lot of men who do that, and some are sorely disappointed.   Grin

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

then doing it anyway

Reply #39 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 11:38am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 11:19am:
Are you serious?  You've really got to be kidding.  If not, then you and those who believe as you do, are definitely some of the most arrogant and pompous beings on the face of God's green earth.  If you don't believe in the Torah, what is your Holy scripture, if you have any.

Is everything based on size for you?  There are a lot of men who do that, and some are sorely disappointed.   Grin

You are a Christian, so you can't possibly understand what it means to be Jewish. I've tried to explain to the likes of Seawolf, but coming from the perspective that if you don't believe in your book, you're a bad Christian, my message goes in one ear, out the other.

And based on your attitude, I doubt you would believe anything I said, as if my perspective was a minority within my culture and religion.

So again, really no point explaining to you, except to say, you're wrong if you think book belief is what makes a good Jew. It has zero to do with it, and in fact, you miss the point of being Jewish completely.

edit: I just saw this article in my feed about a wealthy Jewish philanthropist family in Los Angeles. About halfway through, you can see the tension among American Jews regarding Israel.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/haim-cheryl-saban-talk-power-philanth...
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2019 at 11:48am by Freon_Bale »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › reparations - how far back does blame go...

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog