Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › reparations - how far back does blame go...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) reparations - how far back does blame go... (Read 586 times)
AmericanMom
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: reparations - how far back does blame go...
Reply #50 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 11:28am
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 10:23am:
Is that an opinion, or can you support it with a link to proposed legislation.

And you are not addressing my point. SHOULD WE, as a nation, take responsibility for our past? Or do we just say, 'Hey, that was a hundred years ago, I didn't do it, so let's just forget it happened'.

Your comment is more about HOW we deal with reparations, not IF we should deal with them.

You stated that it's not a personal obligation but one shared by the whole nantion.

Kinda goes against reparations for one group if the whole nation shares the guilt, and the " payment"... no way the left can empliment this justly
So to answer your question,
We as a nation have spent decades making up for the past sins of some of our forefathers, we have progressed leaps and bounds from slavery to emancipation where hundreds of thousands of our countrymen died to free the slaves and bring this country togather, we fought against Jim crow and racism and  while there will always be racism of some sort  in no way are the blacks today living as they did even 50 years ago.. good lord, we elected the first black president and then turned around and re-elected him and even he is against reperations.

No reperations

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Courage is fearing something,
then doing it anyway

Reply #51 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 11:55am
Print Post  
AmericanMom wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 11:28am:
You stated that it's not a personal obligation but one shared by the whole nantion.

Kinda goes against reparations for one group if the whole nation shares the guilt, and the " payment"... no way the left can empliment this justly
So to answer your question,
We as a nation have spent decades making up for the past sins of some of our forefathers, we have progressed leaps and bounds from slavery to emancipation where hundreds of thousands of our countrymen died to free the slaves and bring this country togather, we fought against Jim crow and racism and  while there will always be racism of some sort  in no way are the blacks today living as they did even 50 years ago.. good lord, we elected the first black president and then turned around and re-elected him and even he is against reperations.

No reperations

For the record, I do not believe I ever said reparations, at least in the form of a cash settlement, is a good solution. There are many other things we can do, one of which is putting Tubman on a $20 to acknowledge that we see blacks, for instance, as role models and heroes of the country.

I totally agree we have come far, but that does not mean we are done. Do you think systemic racism is past us? I do not, and it disgusts me, and shames us as a nation, that people still judge other humans based on their skin color.

The one side of this is to acknowledge our past by promoting persecuted groups as being part of American heroism, and the other, is to provide a path to opportunity (for those willing to work for it), that is actually obtainable. One solution would be 'free' access to college education. I know it's not free. But neither is pre-college education, yet no one seems to mind that we all pay for it. I'm just taking the concept, and modernizing it to the reality that a High School diploma, in today's age, is a meaningless scrap of paper in the work force.

IP Logged

Genesee
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Look behind you!

Reply #52 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
The only requirement necessary to collect reparations is that you ain't no white bread mofo. The rest of you will be checked off at the train station...

I'm the man in the box..
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › reparations - how far back does blame go...

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules