Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Police say man cut Arizona teen's throat because rap music made him feel unsafe
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Police say man cut Arizona teen's throat because rap music made him feel unsafe (Read 943 times)
PaleoCon
LNF Representative
LNF Bunker

Ne sutor ultra crepidam.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas

Re: Police say man cut Arizona teen's throat because rap music made him feel unsafe
Reply #20 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 10:11am
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 9:51am:
Tell me again how many slave owners there were in the US before the Civil War?Greg

You do strike me as a fellow who needs all of the education he can get. 

In 1830, 3,776 free blacks in the U.S. owned black slaves.

Oops.  Are the ancestors of these black slavers going to have to pay reparations, too? Cheesy

Chew on that one for awhile, pupil.

Greg55_99 wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 9:57am:

And blacks, while only 13% of the U.S. population, commit 50% of the murders in the U.S. And yes, sadly, their victims are usually black.

So, pupil, if you are really concerned about blacks being killed, you yourself just proved that you need to concentrate on fellow blacks as the root of the problem, not any other race.
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2019 at 10:16am by PaleoCon »  

At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. P.J. ORourke

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Police say man cut Arizona teen's throat because rap music made him feel unsafe
Reply #21 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 10:13am
Print Post  
PaleoCon wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 10:11am:

Oops.  Are the ancestors of these black slavers going to have to pay reparations, too? Cheesy

Well then, tell me how many free Whites owned slaves?  Got a number?

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

PaleoCon
LNF Representative
LNF Bunker

Ne sutor ultra crepidam.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas

Reply #22 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 10:20am
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 10:13am:
Well then, tell me how many free Whites owned slaves?  Got a number?Greg

Six percent of the Southern population owned slaves. Of those, only 1% owned more than five.  Ninety four percent owned no slave.

Nationwide in 1860, the estimate is 1.4% to 2% of the population owned slaves.

Now, your turn.  What's the percentage of murders committed by blacks in America?

At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. P.J. ORourke

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #23 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 10:21am
Print Post  
PaleoCon wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 10:11am:

Oh...  I see where this came from.  You didn't post the entire thingie. 

Quote:
Facts: "The Negro slave-holders, like the white ones, fought to keep their chattels in the Civil War." Rogers also notes that some black men, including those in New Orleans at the outbreak of the War, "fought to perpetuate slavery."

How Many Slaves Did Blacks Own?

So what do the actual numbers of black slave owners and their slaves tell us? In 1830, the year most carefully studied by Carter G. Woodson, about 13.7 percent (319,599) of the black population was free. Of these, 3,776 free Negroes owned 12,907 slaves, out of a total of 2,009,043 slaves owned in the entire United States, so the numbers of slaves owned by black people over all was quite small by comparison with the number owned by white people. In his essay, " 'The Known World' of Free Black Slaveholders," Thomas J. Pressly, using Woodson's statistics, calculated that 54 (or about 1 percent) of these black slave owners in 1830 owned between 20 and 84 slaves; 172 (about 4 percent) owned between 10 to 19 slaves; and 3,550 (about 94 percent) each owned between 1 and 9 slaves. Crucially, 42 percent owned just one slave.

https://www.theroot.com/did-black-people-own-slaves-1790895436

Ok...

Quote:
And blacks, while only 13% of the U.S. population, commit 50% of the murders in the U.S. And yes, sadly, their victims are usually black.

So, pupil, if you are really concerned about blacks being killed, you yourself just proved that you need to concentrate on fellow blacks as the root of the problem, not any other race.

Oh...  So if Black people commit 50% of the murders and the majority of those are against OTHER Black people...  Why do you care?

Greg

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #24 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 10:23am
Print Post  
PaleoCon wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 10:20am:
Six percent of the Southern population owned slaves. Of those, only 1% owned more than five.  Ninety four percent owned no slave.

Nationwide in 1860, the estimate is 1.4% to 2% of the population owned slaves.

Now, your turn.  What's the percentage of murders committed by blacks in America?

Hmmm....

Quote:

So how many actual people is that?  Got a number?

Greg

IP Logged

PaleoCon
LNF Representative
LNF Bunker

Ne sutor ultra crepidam.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas

Reply #25 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 10:33am
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 10:21am:
Oh...  I see where this came from.  You didn't post the entire thingie.  https://www.theroot.com/did-black-people-own-slaves-1790895436

The number was small because the number of free blacks was small. But you learned something new today, didn't you pupil?  Some blacks did enslave their own people, just like they did in Africa.

Reality is so much more complex than your little leftist fantasy, isn't it?

Greg55_99 wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 10:21am:
Oh...  So if Black people commit 50% of the murders and the majority of those are against OTHER Black people...  Why do you care? Greg

You just made my day.  THAT really is the right question to ask yourself, not me. Most of us that are falsely labelled as "racist" actually do care very deeply about what happens to those innocent victims of murder, regardless of the color of their skin.  We are saddened when black babies are slaughtered in abortion clinics; would a racist do that?

We cherish ALL innocent life.

Are you woke yet?

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #26 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 10:37am
Print Post  
PaleoCon wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 10:20am:
Six percent of the Southern population owned slaves.

Oh you poor thing .. Math, as it seems everything else, just isn't one of your strong suit.. is it?

Let me try to point out another of your myriad problems.  Let's see if you get it..

How many 5 year old white girls owned slaves?

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #27 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 10:38am
Print Post  
PaleoCon wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 10:33am:
The number was small because the number of free blacks was small. But you learned something new today, didn't you pupil?  Some blacks did enslave their own people, just like they did in Africa.

Reality is so much more complex than your little leftist fantasy, isn't it?

You just made my day.  THAT really is the right question to ask yourself, not me. Most of us that are falsely labelled as "racist" actually do care very deeply about what happens to those innocent victims of murder, regardless of the color of their skin.  We are saddened when black babies are slaughtered in abortion clinics; would a racist do that?

We cherish ALL innocent life.

Are you woke yet?

Oh...  I see where you've been getting this nonsense....  Let's see now...

Quote:
In an effort to minimize the importance of slavery, modern neoconfederates will focus on the percentage of slave owners in the United States and say that because it was very low, the confederates could not have been fighting to preserve slavery. They’re not the only ones. “For generations historians have been almost unanimous in emphasizing that black slaves were owned by a surprisingly small minority of whites.

------------------------

In 1860, the 393,975 slave owners in the slave states were out of a population of 12,240,293, or 3.22% of the population of the 15 slave states were slave owners. But we have to remember that only free people owned slaves, and that total population of the slave states included enslaved people themselves, so we have to adjust our numbers to reflect only free people. Therefore, the 393,975 slave owners was out of a free population of 8,289,782, or 4.75% of the free population of the slave states being slave owners.

---------------------

That, however, does not tell us the extent of slave ownership. To better understand the extent of slavery’s impact, we need to realize a slave owner was the one person in a family who legally owned slaves. That person was usually the patriarch. There would be a spouse and sons and daughters who directly benefited from the family’s slave ownership and who stood to inherit enslaved people. If we look at the Census of 1860 we see that 30.8% of the free families in the confederacy owned slaves.

https://studycivilwar.wordpress.com/2017/04/18/the-extent-of-slave-ownership-in-...

Yeah...  I see now...

Oh, of course 100% of Southerners COULD own slaves.  You forgot that figure.

Greg

IP Logged

PaleoCon
LNF Representative
LNF Bunker

Ne sutor ultra crepidam.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas

Reply #28 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 11:03am
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 10:23am:
Hmmm....So how many actual people is that?  Got a number?Greg

Are you math challenged? Six percent of 5.5 million (1860 Southern population) is 330,000.

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #29 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 11:05am
Print Post  
PaleoCon wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 11:03am:
Are you math challenged? Six percent of 5.5 million (1860 Southern population) is 330,000.

See above.

Greg

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Police say man cut Arizona teen's throat because rap music made him feel unsafe

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules