Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Police say man cut Arizona teen's throat because rap music made him feel unsafe
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Police say man cut Arizona teen's throat because rap music made him feel unsafe (Read 1,872 times)
Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Police say man cut Arizona teen's throat because rap music made him feel unsafe
Reply #30 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 11:11am
Print Post  

Quote:

In the Arizona attack, first responders discovered Al-Amin collapsed outside the Peoria Circle K store's gas pumps and took him to a hospital, where he died. Several people inside the store had watched as Al-Amin was stabbed in the throat and the back before he ran outside.

Officers found Adams nearby with a pocket knife and blood on his body. Police said Adams told the officers he had felt threatened by the rap music coming from Al-Amin's vehicle.

Adams' attorney, Jacie Cotterell, told the judge at his initial appearance hearing that her client was mentally ill and released without any medication, "no holdover meds, no way to care for himself."

Cotterell said during the video-recorded court hearing that "this is a failing on the part of the [Arizona] Department of Corrections."

https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-black-teen-rap-music-killing-20190710-story...

That explains it.  The killer was crazy but it wasn't his fault...

I get it..

Greg Roll Eyes

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

PaleoCon
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Ne sutor ultra crepidam.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas

Re: Police say man cut Arizona teen's throat because rap music made him feel unsafe
Reply #31 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 11:12am
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 10:37am:
Oh you poor thing .. Math, as it seems everything else, just isn't one of your strong suit.. is it?Let me try to point out another of your myriad problems.  Let's see if you get it.. How many 5 year old white girls owned slaves?

Thanks.  Most leftists stupidly devolve into the propaganda that "more than 6% of families owned slaves" as if the 5 year old daughter or the bed ridden octogenarian of the household should also be counted in their propaganda.

You went the other way....and we're so very proud of you! Attaboy!

So, what part of 6% (or 4.75% per Greg's post) is giving you so much trouble?

At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. P.J. ORourke

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #32 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 11:13am
Print Post  
PaleoCon wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 11:12am:
Thanks.  Most leftists stupidly devolve into the propaganda that "more than 6% of families owned slaves" as if the 5 year old daughter or the bed ridden octogenarian of the household should also be counted in their propaganda.

You went the other way....and we're so very proud of you! Attaboy!

So, what part of 6% (or 4.75% per Greg's post) is giving you so much trouble?

Addressed in post #27.

Greg

IP Logged

PaleoCon
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Ne sutor ultra crepidam.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas

Reply #33 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 11:24am
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 11:13am:
Addressed in post #27.Greg

And it is truly gratifying that I could school you on this issue.
If I really wanted to see your head spin, I could educate you on the similarities between slavery and abortion.

As far as your "100% of Southerners could own slaves" bit, you do realize that 100% of the slave states that remained in the Lincoln camp could own slaves after 1860, don't you? Nearly 450,000 slaves remained enslaved in the North during the war. Slavery wasn't formally ended until 1865.  Oops.

More nuance and complexity messing with your little Northern fantasy. Consider yourself "woke", whether you like it or not.

At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. P.J. ORourke

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #34 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 11:32am
Print Post  
PaleoCon wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 11:24am:
And it is truly gratifying that I could school you on this issue.
If I really wanted to see your head spin, I could educate you on the similarities between slavery and abortion.

As far as your "100% of Southerners could own slaves" bit, you do realize that 100% of the slave states that remained in the Lincoln camp could own slaves after 1860, don't you? Nearly 450,000 slaves remained enslaved in the North during the war. Slavery wasn't formally ended until 1865.  Oops.

More nuance and complexity messing with your little Northern fantasy. Consider yourself "woke", whether you like it or not.

That is correct.  100% of Southerners COULD own slaves and over 30% of Southern families DID own slaves and directly benefited from the institution.  So, that is what the South was fighting to preserve.  They lost.  As for abortion.  Try again. 

Greg

IP Logged

PaleoCon
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Ne sutor ultra crepidam.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas

Reply #35 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 11:32am:
That is correct.  100% of Southerners COULD own slaves and over 30% of Southern families DID own slaves and directly benefited from the institution. So, that is what the South was fighting to preserve.

It just doesn't get more stupid than this.  The preservation of slavery was MORE endangered by secession than by remaining in the Union. Everybody knew that.  Fugitive Slave Act? Gone.  Slavery in the Territories? Gone. More global pressure on the now smaller Southern nation? You bet.

Get this through your head, pupil.  The South did NOT secede or fight a war to preserve slavery. They did NOT leave their homes, nearly starve to death, and step into a hail of bullets to make sure that the top 6% were able to live comfortably.

Here's more to shatter your false narrative:

“It was necessary to put the South at a moral disadvantage by transforming the contest from a war waged against states fighting for their independence into a war waged against states fighting for the maintenance and extension of slavery.”

- Woodrow Wilson

“The Northern onslaught upon slavery is no more than a piece of specious humbug designed to conceal its desire for economic control of the Southern states.”

—Charles Dickens, 1862, British author.

“Union means so many millions a year lost to the South; secession means the loss of the same millions to the North. The love of money is the root of this …. The quarrel between the North and the South is, as it stands, solely a fiscal quarrel."

—Charles Dickens, 1861, British author.

“The contest is really for empire on the side of the North, and for independence on that of the South, and in this respect we recognize an exact analogy between the North and the Government of George III, and the South and the Thirteen Revolted Provinces. “

—London Times, November 7, 1861. 

More Dickens:

"I take the facts of the American quarrel to stand thus. Slavery has in reality nothing on earth to do with it, in any kind of association with any generous or chivalrous sentiment on the part of the North. But the North having gradually got to itself the making of the laws and the settlement of the tariffs, and having taxed South most abominably for its own advantage, began to see, as the country grew, that unless it advocated the laying down of a geographical line beyond which slavery should not extend, the South would necessarily to recover it's old political power, and be able to help itself a little in the adjustment of the commercial affairs.

Every reasonable creature may know, if willing, that the North hates the Negro, and until it was convenient to make a pretense that sympathy with him was the cause of the War, it hated the Abolitionists and derided them up hill and down dale. For the rest, there's not a pins difference between the two parties. They will both rant and lie and fight until they come to a compromise; and the slave may be thrown into that compromise or thrown out, just as it happens."

"As to Secession being Rebellion, it is distinctly provable by State papers that Washington, considered it no such thing – that Massachusetts, now loudest against it, has itself asserted its right to secede, again and again – and that years ago, when the two Carolinas began to train their militia expressly for Secession, commissioners sent to treat with them and to represent the disastrous policy of such secession, never hinted it would be rebellion."

They lost. 

There's a vast difference between being on the losing side and whether the South was on the right or wrong side of the fight.  The true villains of the War Between the States were the scum from above the Mason-Dixon line.

As for abortion.  Try again. 

Abortion is far worse than slavery ever was. By leaps and bounds.  And, as I have above, I can back that up with irrefutable facts as well. If you're not afraid that you'll lose that debate, all you have to do is ask.

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #36 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
PaleoCon wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 11:12am:
Thanks. 

Ahh.. And I briefly imagined that there was a chance that you'd get it ..  Seems your programming just doesn't include that algorithm ..

Likely because of your deeply held racist beliefs you fell prey to statistical noise .. which I guess is fitting as your posts are but noise to begin with ..

An accurate assessment based on census records.. and one that avoids the statistical misrepresentations you attempted to pawn off .. shows that in 1860 49% of Mississippi families owned slaves..  46% of families in South Carolina owned slaves.. 37% of Georgian families.. . so on and so on ..

Now that I've educated you (yet again) I know you'll want to thank me.

You're welcome.. though we wouldn't have to be doing this over and over if you have been raised right..  Sad.

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #37 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
PaleoCon wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 1:38pm:
Get this through your head, pupil.  The South did NOT secede or fight a war to preserve slavery. They did NOT leave their homes, nearly starve to death, and step into a hail of bullets to make sure that the top 6% were able to live comfortably.

Actually Pilgrim, that is EXACTLY what they did.  Like or not, that is EXACTLY what they did. 

Deal with it.

Greg

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #38 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 2:05pm:
Actually Pilgrim, that is EXACTLY what they did.  Like or not, that is EXACTLY what they did. 

Deal with it.

Greg

But but but . .. The South only SAID they were seceding because of slavery ..  After thoroughly revising history we now know that the word 'slavery' is only 2% of the documents and everything else is just other words pointing to the word 'slavery'..   

It's really simple once you get your head into your transverse colon.

Grin

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #39 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
That is correct.  100% of Southerners COULD own slaves and over 30% of Southern families DID own slaves and directly benefited from the institution.  So, that is what the South was fighting to preserve.  They lost.  As for abortion.  Try again. 

Greg

How it was done 101.

Al Carroll, Professor, Historian, Author, Fulbright Scholar

Answered Apr 20, 2015 · Author has 1.4k answers and 3.1m answer views

Originally Answered: During the US Civil War, what proportion of Southerners were slave owners?

Most estimates are from 5-8% of white southerners owned slaves. Sometimes there are higher estimates of as much as a third of white southerners owning slaves, but these are derived from counting all members of slave owning families. Most slave owners owned under 10 slaves. The majority of slaves were on plantations with at least 100 slaves, and those were owned by fewer than 3,oo0 families.

There have been sensational claims by Confederate apologists about "Black slave owners." The great majority were Black fathers buying the freedom of family members. Most of the remaining were actually Creoles, French-Black mixed ancestry people who identified as much or more as French than Black.

There were some American Indian slave owners among the Five Tribes of OK, about 5% of the population. Several tribes, esp. the Cherokee, practiced very conventional Anglo-American style slavery. Some like the Seminole were slave owners in name only. The owners demanded half the crops grown by slaves as tribute. They were also bound to their slaves by fictive kin relationships.

Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Police say man cut Arizona teen's throat because rap music made him feel unsafe

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog