Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Police say man cut Arizona teen's throat because rap music made him feel unsafe
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Police say man cut Arizona teen's throat because rap music made him feel unsafe (Read 1,930 times)
PaleoCon
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Ne sutor ultra crepidam.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas

Re: Police say man cut Arizona teen's throat because rap music made him feel unsafe
Reply #60 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 10:23am
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 12:31am:
It's very clear that both slave owners, and non-slave owners, in the South fought the Civil War primarily, in their own words, to preserve "The Southern Way of Life".

Very few expressed such sentiments; this is yet again just more Northern propaganda. Most were fighting to defend their homes and state and the rights reserved to their state to conduct their own affairs, just as their grandfathers had done in the Revolutionary War.  And once again, the vast majority of them were NOT slave owners.

What is left unsaid is that way of life was deeply dependent upon the free labor of slaves.

But once again, slavery wasn't the primary cause either of secession or the conflict.  Slavery was the EXCUSE employed by politicians to initiate secession.  Slavery was the trigger, the fuse, but it was ultimately NOT what the fight was about.

It was a stain upon the moral character of the entire nation, and that stain persists to this day in the form of prejudice and injustice.

Yes, it is a stain on our past and should never have been allowed to exist in this nation. But, in the public consciousness, the issue of slavery in the 19th century is like issue of abortion today.

As far as "prejudice and injustice" persisting, much of it is imagined, hoaxes or rare events that are despicably overblown by the leftist media. All the while, the self inflicted epidemic of rampant crime, broken families and corruption in the black community is ignored or hidden.

At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. P.J. ORourke

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Police say man cut Arizona teen's throat because rap music made him feel unsafe
Reply #61 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 10:25am
Print Post  
stu_gatze wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 12:40am:

The slaves were provided with a home dwelling, a plot of land to grow their own crops, sometimes even given hogs and cattle and chickens, their own well water, and had access to doctors as well .. and doesn't sound too much different than white indentured servants in Europe, in fact, some might argue that white indentured servants had it worse!
  Shocked

Every race dabbled in slavery, and also every race were victims of slavery as well, at one time or another, but, the filthy left hates the truth.

Had the African tribal chiefs NOT lusted for the white man's trade goods, .. perhaps the black tribal chiefs could have STOPPED promoting slavery of their very own negro people.   Cool

Dayum Stuey!  After reading that, Hell I should have been a slave!

Greg Roll Eyes

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #62 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
PaleoCon wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 7:08pm:
That's called NOT counting grandma, the newborn, the twins and the teenager in the household as "slave owners".  Are you having a comprehension problem? I wouldn't be surprised.

You're really gonna have to put in some effort here.  Schooling you on basic American history doesn't leave me much time to teach you the necessary math skills ..

Let's recap .. The dump you took on your keyboard said ..

PaleoCon wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 10:20am:
Six percent of the Southern population owned slaves. Of those, only 1% owned more than five.  Ninety four percent owned no slave.

Nationwide in 1860, the estimate is 1.4% to 2% of the population owned slaves.

You wrote: "Six percent of the Southern population owned slaves.

Nationwide in 1860, the estimate is 1.4% to 2% of the population owned slaves."

Using the 1860 Census for data the only way possible to arrive at anything close to those figures is to include "grandma, the newborn, the twins and the teenager" .. which clearly you did.

Without counting as you tried to do every "grandma, the newborn, the twins and the teenager" the actual percentage of Southern heads of household owning slaves.. based on 1860 Census .. is 26.3%. 

But I'm not so sure that this is a mistake on your part.  Given the far-right's infamous lack of basic decency and your love for rectocephalic adventures it's more likely you simply lying to forward your appalling white supremacist agenda..

Oops indeed..

IP Logged

PaleoCon
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Ne sutor ultra crepidam.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas

Reply #63 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 4:25pm:
You're really gonna have to put in some effort here.  Schooling you on basic American history doesn't leave me much time to teach you the necessary math skills ..

You're ignorant of both, which surprises no one.  "Low IQ Fiddler" indeed!

Let's recap .. The dump you took on your keyboard...

Wow. That's brilliant! So eloquent, so profound, so poetic!  Roll Eyes And he expects to be taken seriously after that.  Bless his heart.

Using the 1860 Census for data the only way possible to arrive at anything close to those figures is to include "grandma, the newborn, the twins and the teenager" .. which clearly you did.Without counting as you tried to do every "grandma, the newborn, the twins and the teenager" the actual percentage of Southern heads of household owning slaves.. based on 1860 Census .. is 26.3%. 

Oh, he's trying, isn't he folks? But alas, it doesn't appear that he has brains enough to get out of a shower of keyboard scat. Exactly what part of "the Southern population" is giving you trouble? I don't see any exclusions there.  Of course, "grandma, the newborn, the twins and the teenager" are included since they are among those who did not own slaves and should not be lumped in as such by the sleazy Northern propagandists.

Let's take it up a notch for our little foul mouthed, low IQ pupil.  The figure of 260,000 dead for the Confederates represents about 10% of the adult white male population of the South in 1860.  That would make the white male adult population around 2.6 million in 1860.  Only 355,000 of those were slave holders or only about 13.6%.  Notice that I left out "grandma, the newborn, the twins and the teenager" and I even left out mamma.  So, 86% of adult white males did NOT own slaves.  Or we can go back to 94% if you like.  Both are overwhelming majorities that ruin your shallow little propaganda.

But I'm not so sure that this is a mistake on your part.  Given the far-right's infamous lack of basic decency.

Says a leftist troll who supports and defends abortion, the most immoral, indecent and evil practice ever allowed in this country. Your credibility is shrinking fast.

and your love for rectocephalic adventures

You're more likely than us to go spelunking in that particular cavern.

it's more likely you simply lying to forward your appalling white supremacist agenda.. Oops indeed..

I'll leave the lying to the leftists. And I must say, you're doing a fine job, employing as you have the idiot's favorite canard "WHITE SUPREMACIST!".  Do you actually think that your credibility survives after you post such laughable and false nonsense?

At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. P.J. ORourke

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #64 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
PaleoCon wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 7:08pm:
You're ignorant of both, which surprises no one.  "Low IQ Fiddler" indeed!

Wow. That's brilliant! So eloquent, so profound, so poetic!  Roll Eyes And he expects to be taken seriously after that.  Bless his heart.

Oh, he's trying, isn't he folks? But alas, it doesn't appear that he has brains enough to get out of a shower of keyboard scat. Exactly what part of "the Southern population" is giving you trouble? I don't see any exclusions there.  Of course, "grandma, the newborn, the twins and the teenager" are included since they are among those who did not own slaves and should not be lumped in as such by the sleazy Northern propagandists.

Let's take it up a notch for our little foul mouthed, low IQ pupil.  The figure of 260,000 dead for the Confederates represents about 10% of the adult white male population of the South in 1860.  That would make the white male adult population around 2.6 million in 1860.  Only 355,000 of those were slave holders or only about 13.6%.  Notice that I left out "grandma, the newborn, the twins and the teenager" and I even left out mamma.  So, 86% of adult white males did NOT own slaves.  Or we can go back to 94% if you like.  Both are overwhelming majorities that ruin your shallow little propaganda.

Says a leftist troll who supports and defends abortion, the most immoral, indecent and evil practice ever allowed in this country. Your credibility is shrinking fast.

You're more likely than us to go spelunking in that particular cavern.

I'll leave the lying to the leftists. And I must say, you're doing a fine job, employing as you have the idiot's favorite canard "WHITE SUPREMACIST!".  Do you actually think that your credibility survives after you post such laughable and false nonsense?

LOL!!! So now it's ONLY 13.6% of White males owned slaves.  Tell me, what percentage of Southerners derived some benefit from slavery?  Ballpark figure.

Greg

IP Logged

PaleoCon
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Ne sutor ultra crepidam.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas

Reply #65 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 7:16pm:
LOL!!! So now it's ONLY 13.6% of White males owned slaves.  Tell me, what percentage of Southerners derived some benefit from slavery?  Ballpark figure.Greg

Of all Southerners? Six percent, the same percentage that owned slaves.
Did you forget that lesson already?

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #66 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
PaleoCon wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 7:30pm:
Of all Southerners? Six percent, the same percentage that owned slaves.
Did you forget that lesson already?

Hmmmm....  Let's see now.  If a White Male is the slave owner and also the head of the household, the his ENTIRE family benefits no matter how many there may be.  Then you had slaves building roads, working in mines, building houses, all kinds of stuff besides picking cotton.  I'd say the benefit net just got a LOT wider.

Greg

IP Logged

PaleoCon
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Ne sutor ultra crepidam.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas

Reply #67 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 7:36pm:
Hmmmm....  Let's see now.  If a White Male is the slave owner and also the head of the household, the his ENTIRE family benefits no matter how many there may be.  Then you had slaves building roads, working in mines, building houses, all kinds of stuff besides picking cotton.  I'd say the benefit net just got a LOT wider.Greg

And, pray tell, I wonder how many of the rest of the non slave holding adult males were denied any "benefit" (in fact, far worse off) because free labor was building roads, working mines, etc.

Faced with that kind of economic imbalance, do you actually still think that the non slave holding males went to battle to protect the very institution that denied them work? More evidence that the war was not about slavery.

You just made MY case for me.  Thanks.

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #68 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
PaleoCon wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 7:46pm:
And, pray tell, I wonder how many of the rest of the non slave holding adult males were denied any "benefit" (in fact, far worse off) because free labor was building roads, working mines, etc.

Faced with that kind of economic imbalance, do you actually still think that the non slave holding males went to battle to protect the very institution that denied them work? More evidence that the war was not about slavery.

You just made MY case for me.  Thanks.

No, as I've said.  They fought and died to preserve slavery.  The lost.  Good thing to.

Greg

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #69 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 7:48pm:
No, as I've said.  They fought and died to preserve slavery.  The lost.  Good thing to.

Greg

Greg. Not many southerners owned slaves. They were common working people trying to make a living too. Not all rich farmers. Many white people did work right alongside the slaves. The difference was they were paid, or might have been real lucky and be the boss. You do know that the term, red neck came from the poor white people working the fields because the back of their necks used to get sunburned. Black people don’t get sun burned as fast as white people do. My friend Frank Mittie, a Portuguese black guy did get a little darker in the summer and laugh about it. We were partners raising pigs and some cattle. We both worked for GM. He was an air condition and refrigeration guy. He kept some of the departments cool. The department that made aircraft bearings, and the inspection department were just two of them. He had a part time business taking care of the refrigerators for some meat markets and things like that too. He was a good family man. Four great kids, and a nice wife.

Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Police say man cut Arizona teen's throat because rap music made him feel unsafe

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog