Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Republicans fantasize about capturing the "Black vote"
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Republicans fantasize about capturing the "Black vote" (Read 1,055 times)
Wally Wants A Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Re: Republicans fantasize about capturing the "Black vote"
Reply #10 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
Black Americans are far too conservative on social issues than the new Far Left who are setting the agenda for the Democrat Party.  It may come down to who is seen as the lesser of two evils.  I guess a lot will depend on whether they buy all the crap the media and the rest of the Democrats are selling to keep them on the Plantation.

The Democrats last ditch effort to hold onto their 'owned' is  all about Racism now!

Blexit

" The few will always act like the few.�

�Machiavelli

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”

― Socrates

img]https://i.imgur.com/prBnexU.jpg[/img]
WWWAIM  
IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #11 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 9:18am:
Let's look at it this way.  Republicans have sponsored legislation with the purpose of disenfranchising Black voters.  That is the view of the Black community.  Voter ID laws are not there to stop illegals from voting, they're there to cut down on the number of Black and Brown people from voting.  The Black community can see that.  As a counter point, it should be noted that these Voter ID laws that have been enacted by Republican led legislatures in states with large Black populations have NOT been enacted by Republican legislatures governing states with few Black or Brown populations.  So, if you want to know what the Democratic party is NOT doing...  They are NOT trying to stop minorities from voting.

Greg

your premise is absolutely off greg - many studies have been done...there are only a handful of states (under 10) that require an ID to vote...and in these states before and after show that the effect is strongest on class, not race...but i'll give you there are studies that show it does affect blacks and hispanics moreso than whites...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_ID_laws_in_the_United_States

that said, I find it odd that one must show an ID for just about everything - rent a car, buy a gun, buy alcohol, buy cigarettes, enter a bar, fly on a plane, get a library card...the list goes on...where are all the screams of outrage that these are all racist policies...there are none...

You see, that is the problem...the hypocrisy in it all...and it brings to question why the outrage over having to show an ID to cast a vote...you know, one person, one vote...seems logical...

yet in all the screams, I've never seen anyone arguing then lets make it easier to get an ID....why is that....its always no, we don't want to make it easier to get an ID, we just don't want to have to show one to vote....

I've read the studies - even when ID's are free, the opposition will say, but, but, it's still difficult...what does that mean?

I'm all for anything that removes obstacles to getting an ID, whatever they are...but no one on your side wants that. again, why?

IP Logged

RWB
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

LAYING THE SMACKDOWN ON
LIBERALS CANDY ASSES

Reply #12 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 12:03pm:
Hey, the Russians threw the election to Trump.  Who knew...

Greg

Ah were back to Russia Russia Russia PRICELESS.

AMERICA LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT         BITCHES

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #13 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 12:57pm:
your premise is absolutely off greg - many studies have been done...there are only a handful of states (under 10) that require an ID to vote...and in these states before and after show that the effect is strongest on class, not race...but i'll give you there are studies that show it does affect blacks and hispanics moreso than whites...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_ID_laws_in_the_United_States

that said, I find it odd that one must show an ID for just about everything - rent a car, buy a gun, buy alcohol, buy cigarettes, enter a bar, fly on a plane, get a library card...the list goes on...where are all the screams of outrage that these are all racist policies...there are none...

You see, that is the problem...the hypocrisy in it all...and it brings to question why the outrage over having to show an ID to cast a vote...you know, one person, one vote...seems logical...

yet in all the screams, I've never seen anyone arguing then lets make it easier to get an ID....why is that....its always no, we don't want to make it easier to get an ID, we just don't want to have to show one to vote....

I've read the studies - even when ID's are free, the opposition will say, but, but, it's still difficult...what does that mean?

I'm all for anything that removes obstacles to getting an ID, whatever they are...but no one on your side wants that. again, why?

This is from a few years ago...

But it's the BEST visual I've ever found to present WHY there are "voter ID" laws.

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Buddy_Love
LNF Representative2

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #14 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
Republicans will when the black vote and democrats in office will grow balls and stand up to republicans....

In Never Neverland.

Wally Wants A Wall wrote on Aug 13th, 2019 at 5:36pm:
In 2020, when President Trump is reelected and we retake the House and gain a fillabuster proof majority in the Senate, then you can blame President Trump and the Republicans for this continuing mess in Washington.

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #15 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
Buddy_Love wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:15pm:
Republicans will when the black vote and democrats in office will grow balls and stand up to republicans....

In Never Neverland.

look at the worst run cities in america...

https://quillette.com/2019/07/09/democrats-control-americas-most-dangerous-citie...

they ARE in charge of these places...and have been for decades...the stupidity of blind following is staggering.

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #16 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Trumpublicans don't really plan on winning over black voters.  They've made it clear that their strategy is to STOP blacks from voting too much.  Any media plays they are making right now are aimed (along with everything else on Trump's twitter feed) at bolstering his cred among his tribal voters.  To be more precise, Trumpublicans want to make it seem like blacks are going Trumpy so they won't feel so icky voting for the guy who keeps blowing the racial dog whistles.

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

Buddy_Love
LNF Representative2

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #17 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:18pm:
look at the worst run cities in america...

https://quillette.com/2019/07/09/democrats-control-americas-most-dangerous-citie...

they ARE in charge of these places...and have been for decades...the stupidity of blind following is staggering.

The stupidity is on your part. The majority of urban centers are where liberals live. So....SURPRISE SURPRISE...the majority of urban centers are run by liberals.

Some run well. Some run poorly.

The one conservative urban center i know is Colorado Springs. Pretty small city in the grand scheme though. But conservatives have totally fücked up that city.

They did away with the vast majority of taxes. Why? Well because they're conservatives. So when they started running extremely short on revenue, they started coming up will all sorts of budget cuts.

One of them was to turn off every other street light. They figured it was going to save them like $7mil a year. What was the results? Thieves went to all the lights that were turned off at night and stripped them of their copper.

It cost them $14 million.  Grin Grin Grin Grin

There is republican governance summed up in one anecdote. An entire party of people with absolutely zero foresight....unless its a way to beat the popular vote.

Wally Wants A Wall wrote on Aug 13th, 2019 at 5:36pm:
In 2020, when President Trump is reelected and we retake the House and gain a fillabuster proof majority in the Senate, then you can blame President Trump and the Republicans for this continuing mess in Washington.

IP Logged

Wally Wants A Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #18 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:21pm:
Trumpublicans don't really plan on winning over black voters.  They've made it clear that their strategy is to STOP blacks from voting too much.  Any media plays they are making right now are aimed (along with everything else on Trump's twitter feed) at bolstering his cred among his tribal voters.  To be more precise, Trumpublicans want to make it seem like blacks are going Trumpy so they won't feel so icky voting for the guy who keeps blowing the racial dog whistles.

" The few will always act like the few.�

�Machiavelli

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”

― Socrates

img]https://i.imgur.com/prBnexU.jpg[/img]
WWWAIM  
IP Logged

JohnnyBok2day
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Boston Strong- Big Papi

Reply #19 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
raise welfare and they'll get more than 5%

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Republicans fantasize about capturing the "Black vote"

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog