Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Group travels from Minnesota to Canada to buy $34 insulin that's for $380 in US
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Group travels from Minnesota to Canada to buy $34 insulin that's for $380 in US (Read 1,290 times)
Vypr
LNF House Leader

Tribunal of the Holy Office
of the Inquisition

Group travels from Minnesota to Canada to buy $34 insulin that's for $380 in US
Jul 9th, 2019 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
Group travels from Minnesota to Canada to buy $34 insulin that runs for $380 in the US

Nearly a dozen people living with diabetes recently boarded a bus to travel from Minnesota to Canada to purchase affordable insulin.

According to a local Fox station, those who made the hours-long trip to London, Ontario, last week said they have had to choose between purchasing insulin or paying their bills.

“Here in the United States, people are having to choose between, ‘Do I pay my rent or do I buy my insulin?’” Deb Souther, one of the people who made the journey, told the station in an interview released on Monday.

During the interview, Souther, who has diabetes, presented reporters with a pair of insulin vials she is required to take. “This one was purchased in Canada for $34 and this one in the United States for $380.”

Souther said she purchased a three-month supply of the drug while she was in Canada.

“It’s unbelievable that we can just go across the border and get the insulin for this price,” she added. “Three months’ supply and save thousands and thousands of dollars.”

FULL:
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/452269-group-travels-from-minn...

IP Logged

atreyu
LNF Representative2

Re: Group travels from Minnesota to Canada to buy $34 insulin that's for $380 in US
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
Prices are getting lower every day according to Trump.

Undecided

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Re: Group travels from Minnesota to Canada to buy $34 insulin that's for $380 in US
Reply #2 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 5:15pm:
Group travels from Minnesota to Canada to buy $34 insulin that runs for $380 in the US

Nearly a dozen people living with diabetes recently boarded a bus to travel from Minnesota to Canada to purchase affordable insulin.

According to a local Fox station, those who made the hours-long trip to London, Ontario, last week said they have had to choose between purchasing insulin or paying their bills.

“Here in the United States, people are having to choose between, ‘Do I pay my rent or do I buy my insulin?’” Deb Souther, one of the people who made the journey, told the station in an interview released on Monday.

During the interview, Souther, who has diabetes, presented reporters with a pair of insulin vials she is required to take. “This one was purchased in Canada for $34 and this one in the United States for $380.”

Souther said she purchased a three-month supply of the drug while she was in Canada.

“It’s unbelievable that we can just go across the border and get the insulin for this price,” she added. “Three months’ supply and save thousands and thousands of dollars.”

FULL:
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/452269-group-travels-from-minn...

Smart move on their part.

IP Logged

junglejim
LNF Staffer2

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
As a 30-plus year insulin dependent Type 1 diabetic, insulin prices have skyrocketed over the last 10-15 years to insane levels...... However, you can still walk into Wal-Mart and buy Novolin N insulin without a prescription for $24.88... While it is not the newest, most modern insulin on the market, and is not suited for my insulin pump,.... 20 -25 years ago most of us were taking this insulin and having good control... This is not to excuse the profiteering of Insulin manufacturers, .. but if you know anyone who is struggling to buy these high-dollar insulins, give them this info, I never see it mentioned in reports on the gouging.

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #4 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
Lantus is a long-acting type of insulin. Insulin helps to control blood sugar levels in diabetes mellitus, including diabetes type 1 and diabetes type 2. Lantus is more popular than other insulins. There is currently no generic alternative for Lantus, but there is an alternative insulin with the same active ingredient as Lantus.

Check our savings tips for co-pay cards, assistance programs, and other ways to reduce your cost. The most common version of Lantus is covered by 82% of insurance plans at a co-pay of $37.50-$67.50, however, some pharmacy coupons or cash prices may be lower.

Smiley

Smiley
Smiley

Thank God I don't need it. My son in law does.
Publix and other places have good deals for certain drugs, Walmart too.

Freedom

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #5 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
This is because pharma companies let foreign countries pay way less than US citizens.  It's cheaper not because Canada is a magical wonderful place, but because they're subsidized by americans who pay the high price.  This is one of the ways the US has been screwed over for a long time, along with the Chinese tricks and NATO countries not paying their share.  The lib/RINOs have allowed this situation to last for decades, but now Trump is doing something about it.

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Bert plays with himself

Reply #6 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 12:02am
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 11:15pm:
This is because pharma companies let foreign countries pay way less than US citizens.  It's cheaper not because Canada is a magical wonderful place, but because they're subsidized by americans who pay the high price.  This is one of the ways the US has been screwed over for a long time, along with the Chinese tricks and NATO countries not paying their share.  The lib/RINOs have allowed this situation to last for decades, but now Trump is doing something about it.

Please let us know exactly what Trump is doing about it, besides vague promises.

IP Logged

Napoleon Bona parts 8 Thru 9
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Get your hand off my thigh,
Steve!

Reply #7 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 12:05am
Print Post  
High drug prices in the US were never a problem until Trump was elected. No other president dealt with the issue and that was alright. But Trump! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #8 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 12:29am
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 11:15pm:

Americans are paying a high price for insulin, so other countries can free-ride on their backs?  No.  Insulin prices tripled from 2002 to 2013.  Insulin was discovered early in the 1900s, and modern synthesis was brought to market in the 80s.  It's an old drug.  Prices are going up because of cartelization in the supply chain.  And Americans are paying because the drug companies own our representatives, and prevent them from bargaining.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insulin_(medication)#Economics

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 6:10am
Print Post  
If I was taking insulin inn the U.S. and I heard about a better price deal across the border, I sure as heck would want to know for certain that the quality of the insu8lin was the same as what I was taking/getting from the U.S.  Medicine is one area where I want quality as opposed to quantity.

Not to be tacky, but I suggest that two of the ladies in the picture could help themselves and their disease by losing a little weight and watch what they eat.  Just a suggestion, of course.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Group travels from Minnesota to Canada to buy $34 insulin that's for $380 in US

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog