Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Group travels from Minnesota to Canada to buy $34 insulin that's for $380 in US
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Group travels from Minnesota to Canada to buy $34 insulin that's for $380 in US (Read 1,248 times)
forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Re: Group travels from Minnesota to Canada to buy $34 insulin that's for $380 in US
Reply #30 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 1:10pm:
No, they did not see the price hike till after ACA kick in.  It became very unaffordable to them.

I can't speak to your anecdote, not knowing the details of your insurance plans.  This isn't about insurance plans, anyway, this is about prescription drug costs.  Insulin started tripling around 2000.  ACA was 2009.

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Re: Group travels from Minnesota to Canada to buy $34 insulin that's for $380 in US
Reply #31 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 11:33am:
So you do enjoy and savor being a jerk.  Pretty sad Fiddler, that you relish mocking women, the sick, the handicap for your pleasure. 

Pull your panties out of your crack Snowflake and ask yourself.. why are you assaulting me and not the sanctimonious crab judging two anonymous women buying life sustaining medicine from Canada?..

We all remember the verse ..

Judge, 'cause them be some phat bitches.

Matthew 7:1

Seawolf wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 11:33am:
No thank you sir, I have no desire to walk in your shoes.

Of course not.. my shoes are size realistic .. You wouldn't fit.

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #32 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 12:25pm:
Gross median family income and per capita income in the US is about 30% higher in the US than in the UK.

Our system is better than yours. Fix it.

There are numerous reasons, many of them arguable, for the difference in income.

They are all entirely irrelevant to the question at hand which is about the cost from disposable income, or indeed gross income, to the individual, of healthcare.

Your costs are much higher for entirely comparable services.

Our system of paying for healthcare (for now - we have a conservative government which is actively undermining it) is better than yours.

I have a new t shirt.

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

[i]Latin quote hinting
at my great intellect.[/i]

Reply #33 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 3:31pm:
There are numerous reasons, many of them arguable, for the difference in income.

But none for differences in health outcome or costs, right?

Those are all based on the single payer system.

Has nothing to do with, for instance, the population density of the UK making it far easier, logistically, to more efficiently cover the population.

Nor does it have anything to do with diabetes rates, as an example, being nearly 3 times higher in the US as compared to the UK.

Nope. One single variable. The government provision of health insurance. But income differential is a complex thing that can't be summed up by just looking at the figures.

Got it.

Wadsworth wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 3:31pm:
We are talking about this government, aren't we?  If we were any other kind of government like China or NK, we would not even be having this discussion because you would not even be allowed to own a gun. 

Vypr wrote on Oct 15th, 2019 at 8:25am:
By all accounts Syria was somewhat calm.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #34 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 2:04pm:
Pull your panties out of your crack Snowflake and ask yourself.. why are you assaulting me and not the sanctimonious crab judging two anonymous women buying life sustaining medicine from Canada?..

We all remember the verse ..

Judge, 'cause them be some phat bitches.

Matthew 7:1

Of course not.. my shoes are size realistic .. You wouldn't fit.
You thrive on insults, that is not judging, that simply is a statement of fact.  Most all of your posts are insult based.  The judging part, Jesus says you know them by their fruits.  Your salvation?  That is God's duty to judge each of us on judgement day, no one else.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #35 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 4:10pm:
You thrive on insults, that is not judging, that simply is a statement of fact.  Most all of your posts are insult based. 

It's just that the nonsense you right-wing nitwits say offers so many opportunities ..

Seawolf wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 4:10pm:
The judging part, Jesus says you know them by their fruits.  Your salvation?  That is God's duty to judge each of us on judgement day, no one else.

And there you go insulting me with your fables ..

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #36 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 3:39pm:
But none for differences in health outcome or costs, right?

Those are all based on the single payer system.

Has nothing to do with, for instance, the population density of the UK making it far easier, logistically, to more efficiently cover the population.

Nor does it have anything to do with diabetes rates, as an example, being nearly 3 times higher in the US as compared to the UK.

Nope. One single variable. The government provision of health insurance. But income differential is a complex thing that can't be summed up by just looking at the figures.

Got it.

Are you seriously suggesting that transport costs make up such a proportion of healthcare product delivery (or that American logistics firms overcharge so much) that this explains the difference?

Really?

https://www.diabetes.org.uk/about_us/news_landing_page/uk-has-worlds-5th-highest...

Check the rankings.

The US and UK rates for type 1 diabetes- that's the one treated by insulin- are within 1 per 100,000 population.

The UK slightly out ranks the US.

We're 5; you're 6.

Insulin comes in titchy little vials. It's not going to make much difference to the delivery cost.

« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2019 at 4:44pm by Limey. »  

I have a new t shirt.

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #37 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 4:36pm:
Are you seriously suggesting that transport costs make up such a proportion of healthcare product delivery (or that American logistics firms overcharge so much) that this explains the difference?

Really?

Not just the difference -- the "large" difference.  And remember, US geography hasn't changed but costs keep rising.  The rate of diabetes in the US is higher, but why does insulin cost so much more?  We're not just paying higher costs per person, we are paying higher costs per DOSE.

Healthcare outcomes are analyzed continuously, and hundreds of statistical data points go into the mix.  If there were a consistent reason why Americans are sicker or why our, uh, "medical transportation costs" are vastly higher, it would have come out.

Our problems are hiding in plain sight.  Prices are spiraling because industry stakeholders have captured the market AND the govt AND the regulatory process.  They are raising prices merely because they can.

It's the same with tuition.  The cost of putting a professor in a room with a bunch of students has not gone up.  But tuition has skyrocketed.

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #38 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 4:50pm:
Not just the difference -- the "large" difference.  And remember, US geography hasn't changed but costs keep rising.  The rate of diabetes in the US is higher, but why does insulin cost so much more?  We're not just paying higher costs per person, we are paying higher costs per DOSE.

Healthcare outcomes are analyzed continuously, and hundreds of statistical data points go into the mix.  If there were a consistent reason why Americans are sicker or why our, uh, "medical transportation costs" are vastly higher, it would have come out.

Our problems are hiding in plain sight.  Prices are spiraling because industry stakeholders have captured the market AND the govt AND the regulatory process.  They are raising prices merely because they can.

It's the same with tuition.  The cost of putting a professor in a room with a bunch of students has not gone up.  But tuition has skyrocketed.

The rate of diabetes is lower in the US.

Not much, but lower.

(Type 1 which is treated by insulin)

I have a new t shirt.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #39 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 4:23pm:
It's just that the nonsense you right-wing nitwits say offers so many opportunities ..

And there you go insulting me with your fables ..

Your feeling will recover.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Group travels from Minnesota to Canada to buy $34 insulin that's for $380 in US

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog