Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Group travels from Minnesota to Canada to buy $34 insulin that's for $380 in US
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Group travels from Minnesota to Canada to buy $34 insulin that's for $380 in US (Read 1,267 times)
Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Group travels from Minnesota to Canada to buy $34 insulin that's for $380 in US
Reply #80 - Aug 8th, 2019 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 5:15pm:
Group travels from Minnesota to Canada to buy $34 insulin that runs for $380 in the US

Nearly a dozen people living with diabetes recently boarded a bus to travel from Minnesota to Canada to purchase affordable insulin.

According to a local Fox station, those who made the hours-long trip to London, Ontario, last week said they have had to choose between purchasing insulin or paying their bills.

“Here in the United States, people are having to choose between, ‘Do I pay my rent or do I buy my insulin?’” Deb Souther, one of the people who made the journey, told the station in an interview released on Monday.

During the interview, Souther, who has diabetes, presented reporters with a pair of insulin vials she is required to take. “This one was purchased in Canada for $34 and this one in the United States for $380.”

Souther said she purchased a three-month supply of the drug while she was in Canada.

“It’s unbelievable that we can just go across the border and get the insulin for this price,” she added. “Three months’ supply and save thousands and thousands of dollars.”

FULL:
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/452269-group-travels-from-minn...

The false news has you as usual, a day late and a dollar short.

By Katie Thomas
•      April 3, 2019
•      
o      
o      
o      
o      
o      
Consumers whose drug benefits are managed by Express Scripts could see their out-of-pocket costs for insulin limited to $25 a month under a plan announced on Wednesday.
The move is aimed at addressing rising anger over the cost of the lifesaving product, whose list price has skyrocketed in recent years. Express Scripts said about 700,000 people filed a claim for insulin last year through its Cigna or Express Scripts plans. The average monthly savings for those whose employers opted into the plan would be about $16 a month.
Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: Group travels from Minnesota to Canada to buy $34 insulin that's for $380 in US
Reply #81 - Aug 8th, 2019 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
wyattstorch2004 wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 6:34pm:
Smart move on their part.

A Type 1 diabetes patient filling his insulin pump at home. Express Scripts announced a plan on Wednesday to limit out-of-pocket costs for insulin to $25 a month. Kim Raff for The New York Times
Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #82 - Aug 8th, 2019 at 10:21pm
Print Post  

Amazing what some people don’t know.

The 'amazing' cancer treatment that costs $100,000 - The Week

https://theweek.com/articles/.../amazing-cancer-treatment-that-costs-100000

1.      Cached
Aug 25, 2011 - A new cancer drug developed by Seattle Genetics has medical experts ... dose, and a full cycle of treatment can run upwards of $100,000 per patient. ... Roche, which costs about $56,400 for a six-month course of treatment.

And it is not a cure for sure.

Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Group travels from Minnesota to Canada to buy $34 insulin that's for $380 in US

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog