Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › CNN mired in a credibility crisis as ratings continue to collapse, experts say
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) CNN mired in a credibility crisis as ratings continue to collapse, experts say (Read 227 times)
stu_gatze
LNF Speaker

Conservatism today, tommorow..&
forever!

CNN mired in a credibility crisis as ratings continue to collapse, experts say
Jul 11th, 2019 at 3:42pm
Print Post  

Smiley Smiley

CNN mired in a credibility crisis as ratings continue to collapse, experts say

By: Brian Flood
Published 29 mins ago

CNN is suffering a credibility crisis as viewership for the once-proud network continues to crater with a no apparent plan in place to fix things anytime soon, according to media watchdogs and insiders.

CNN’s audience shriveled in the second quarter of 2019, averaging only 541,000 total viewers while being more than doubled by Fox News Channel’s 1.3 million average in the process. But CNN struggled even more during the primetime hours of 8-11 p.m. ET, finishing as the fifteenth most-watched network on basic cable behind networks such as TLC, Investigation Discovery and the Hallmark Channel. CNN averaged a dismal 761,000 primetime viewers while FNC averaged 2.4 million.

The Hill media guru Joe Concha told Fox News that CNN's freefall may not be slowing.

The numbers warrant concern, yes. Q2 was a particularly news-rich quarter highlighted by the release of the Mueller report and all the aftermath and controversy following it, plus the launch of several high-profile Democratic candidacies including Joe Biden and Pete Buttigieg to propel 2020 coverage into high gear,” Concha said. “It may only get worse in Q3 given the numbers we’re already seeing.”

CNN did not immediately respond when asked for comment.

MORE>https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/cnn-ratings-don-lemon

'Modern Progressive Liberalism' .. is a mental disorder!

IP Logged

Wally Wants A Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Re: CNN mired in a credibility crisis as ratings continue to collapse, experts say
Reply #1 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
It really depends upon how much Jeff Zucker is willing to spend to continually attack and attempt to end the Presidency of, Donald J. Trump.  As with Carlos Slim and other Billionaires who control much of the Left Wing media, they are far less concerned with short term profits and far more concerned with promoting their propaganda and their Globalist, open border agenda.  Trump threatens the status quo, like no President ever has.  How dare he!

" The few will always act like the few.�

�Machiavelli

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”

― Socrates

img]https://i.imgur.com/prBnexU.jpg[/img]
WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Vote Him Out!

Re: CNN mired in a credibility crisis as ratings continue to collapse, experts say
Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Frankly I don't see this as any great victory by Fox News.

Why?

Well, if one is to believe the rabid right, all the mainstream media is in the pocket of the Democratic Party or the "Left".

So this means that in order to compare Fox News ratings with more center or left news sources, one should also consider MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS news program ratings. I would suspect that on that basis, Fox News would come in last.

Furthermore, with the advent of internet-based news sites, cable TV news channels have lost audience solely due to that development. It might be argued that Fox News viewers tend to be less technologically up to date than CNN viewers, so the internet based dissemination of news would have proportionately less effect on Fox News than it might on CNN or MSNBC.

Finally, who cares? I cut my cable TV connection back in 2004, as soon as digital broadcast TV became available. If I want to watch a cable news program, I can just access them over the web as needed (often for no extra charge). I do have cable service, but for internet access only. About 10 years ago I dropped my AT&T internet service because it was overpriced, slow, and unreliable. The Comcast connection is faster and far more reliable, although not much less expensive. What I really dislike about all of them is that every year or two they send me a bill with a large price increase, and I have to call them and threaten to go with somebody else before they put the cost back to where it was before. Even so, every year they come out with an even lower introductory price which invariably I don't qualify for because I'm an existing customer.

Where are all those free cell phones and internet connections the Right keeps on whining about?

"Well, we don't rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia" - Eric Trump, 2014

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Vote Him Out!

Reply #3 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 4:06pm
Print Post  

"Well, we don't rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia" - Eric Trump, 2014

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Vote Him Out!

Reply #4 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 4:08pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Vote Him Out!

Reply #5 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 4:11pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Vote Him Out!

Reply #6 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 4:14pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Vote Him Out!

Reply #7 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 4:17pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Vote Him Out!

Reply #8 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 4:21pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Beryl
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

I can't play the cello

Reply #9 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
CNN Muellered itself to death.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › CNN mired in a credibility crisis as ratings continue to collapse, experts say

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules