Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Mueller warns us we are being attacked, and what does Mcconnel do?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Mueller warns us we are being attacked, and what does Mcconnel do? (Read 1,526 times)
Danny
LNF Senior Staffer6

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Mueller warns us we are being attacked, and what does Mcconnel do?
Reply #40 - Jul 27th, 2019 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on Jul 26th, 2019 at 6:09pm:
Yeah, you guessed it.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mcconnell-blocks-bills-election-security-heels-m...

I am hoping that even you Trump supporters understand that tampering with our elections is bad. Please, this is not partisan. Call your representatives and get them to pass bills to stop foreign countries from doing this.

"This is partisan legislation from the Democratic House of Representatives," McConnell said, noting that the bill garnered just one GOP vote in that chamber and was designed to give Democrats the political upper-hand.

"It's very important that we maintain the integrity and security of our elections in our country," the GOP leader said, but he added, "any Washington involvement in that task needs to be undertaken with extreme care, extreme care and on a thoroughly bipartisan basis. Obviously this legislation is not that. It's just a highly partisan bill from the same folks who spent two years hyping up a conspiracy theory about President Trump and Russia."

Why we need to bring civics back to schools.
Wadsworth wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 12:55pm:
And I said that Trump should look at his district. 

Freon_Bale wrote on Jul 28th, 2019 at 3:35pm:
Danny, I will give you this one warning.
  Smiley

IP Logged

Buddy_Love
LNF Representative2

Reply #41 - Jul 27th, 2019 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
Danny wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 12:50pm:
"This is partisan legislation from the Democratic House of Representatives," McConnell said, noting that the bill garnered just one GOP vote in that chamber and was designed to give Democrats the political upper-hand.

"It's very important that we maintain the integrity and security of our elections in our country," the GOP leader said, but he added, "any Washington involvement in that task needs to be undertaken with extreme care, extreme care and on a thoroughly bipartisan basis. Obviously this legislation is not that. It's just a highly partisan bill from the same folks who spent two years hyping up a conspiracy theory about President Trump and Russia."

Mitch McConnell called it partisan and Russian interference a "conspiracy theory". Welp...must be true. Mitch isn't the slight bit hyperpartisan.

Wally Wants A Wall wrote on Aug 13th, 2019 at 5:36pm:
In 2020, when President Trump is reelected and we retake the House and gain a fillabuster proof majority in the Senate, then you can blame President Trump and the Republicans for this continuing mess in Washington.

IP Logged

Danny
LNF Senior Staffer6

Reply #42 - Jul 27th, 2019 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
Buddy_Love wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 3:06pm:
Mitch McConnell called it partisan and Russian interference a "conspiracy theory". Welp...must be true. Mitch isn't the slight bit hyperpartisan.

Even a stopped watch is right twice a day.

Smiley

IP Logged

Buddy_Love
LNF Representative2

Reply #43 - Jul 27th, 2019 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Danny wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 3:12pm:
Even a stopped watch is right twice a day.

At least you recognize his hyper partisanship. It's a start.

Wally Wants A Wall wrote on Aug 13th, 2019 at 5:36pm:
In 2020, when President Trump is reelected and we retake the House and gain a fillabuster proof majority in the Senate, then you can blame President Trump and the Republicans for this continuing mess in Washington.

IP Logged

Danny
LNF Senior Staffer6

Reply #44 - Jul 27th, 2019 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Buddy_Love wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 3:15pm:
At least you recognize his hyper partisanship. It's a start.

No fan of McConnell.

Smiley

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Courage is fearing something,
then doing it anyway

Reply #45 - Jul 28th, 2019 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 12:47pm:
Let me ask you this, since you seem very firm that a nation should not interfere in another nations elections...

where were your posts condemning obama when great sums of our taxpayer money were going to fund one israeli candidate he favored over another?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/12/obama-admin-sent-taxpayer-money...

now if you don't believe we knew how the money was being used, I have a bridge....

You want to have a separate conversation regarding our foreign policy, fine, but that is not what this thread is about.

You are distracting from the issue.

Our country was/is being attacked. Right now.

Please contact your representative and tell them to advocate for strong measures to prevent this.

This is America's problem, both yours and mine.

IP Logged

Danny
LNF Senior Staffer6

Reply #46 - Jul 28th, 2019 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on Jul 28th, 2019 at 2:30pm:
You want to have a separate conversation regarding our foreign policy, fine, but that is not what this thread is about.

You are distracting from the issue.

Our country was/is being attacked. Right now.

Please contact your representative and tell them to advocate for strong measures to prevent this.

This is America's problem, both yours and mine.

Says the guy who you can't get a straight answer out of, but who knows the thoughts and actions of everyone he accuses of things he has no knowledge of.

Maybe that poster that stated you and the other fool are the same person might be onto something. Both cowards who lie and falsely accuse people of certain actions but when asked for proof, flee.

Smiley

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Bert plays with himself

Reply #47 - Jul 28th, 2019 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
The D-Man wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 11:50am:
Can someone give me a quick rundown on these bills? Were they limited to dealing with illegal activity by the Russians, such as hacking computers? Or are they about information campaigns by the Russians, such as making posts on Facebook, in an attempt to influence our elections?

This is an important distinction. I made a thread earlier where I think everyone who responded agreed that the US government should NOT take steps to prevent foreign governments from trying to influence our elections through information campaigns.

The bill that the R's keep on pointing to created CISA which is supposed to enhance election cyber security. We'll have to see if it actually does. But clearly even if it does, it's not enough.

But yes, the Dem bills (at least seven) go beyond that, with such things as requiring campaigns to report attempts by foreign nations to meddle in our elections, and funding for states to help them secure their election systems.

To wit:

Quote:
One bill McConnell objected to would have both required the use of paper ballots and provided funding for the Election Assistance Commission. He also objected to legislation that would have required campaigns and candidates to report offers offers of election-related aid from foreign governments.

McConnell's blocking of the legislation also comes as the Senate Intelligence Committee released a report identifying significant vulnerabilities — like aging voting equipment, paperless machines without backups and insecurity voter registration basis — exist in the United States' election system.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer criticized McConnell's decision to halt additional funding for election security ahead of 2020.

Source

And,

Quote:
The legislation to which McConnell refers, the one that passed the House, is pretty straightforward. It requires voter-verifiable paper ballots and voting machines that don’t connect directly to the Internet, so that recounts can be done accurately and there’s less vulnerability to hacking. It gives states money to secure their systems. It instructs the Election Assistance Commission to do a study to determine optimal ballot designs to minimize voter confusion and errors.

You wouldn’t think there’s anything there that would particularly advantage one party over another. But that’s only if you didn’t know how voting really works in this country.

That’s because so much of what plagues our election system works to the advantage of Republicans, in part because their voters tend to be older and wealthier, and in part because of all the effort Republicans have put into erecting obstacles in the path of Democratic-leaning constituencies attempting to vote, not to mention the gerrymandering that makes Republican votes worth more and the electoral college that does the same.

source

And,

Quote:
The bills would inject money and expertise, along with requirements for improved security and threat reporting.

The bill blocked by McConnell on Thursday, which has already passed the House, would provide hundreds of millions of dollars to strengthen election security in the states, many of which are clamoring for assistance after seeing antiquated systems — including voter registration databases — come under attack. A coalition of state attorneys general has been pleading with Congress for assistance.

Democrats are exasperated with Republican stonewalling and foot-dragging on a problem that will take time to fix even after the funds become available. Time is running short. Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) said on Twitter that McConnell and the GOP have “buried commonsense election security bills in their legislative graveyard.”

Republicans’ explanations for their refusal to act are thin gruel. They claim that they’ve already done enough, and that states should be allowed to do what they want — an old-fashioned “states rights” argument that fits right in with Hyde-Smith’s controversial embrace of Confederate heroes, her flippant humor about voting restrictions, and worse.

The most malignant feature of this era of hyperpartisanship is that Republicans are often closing their eyes to what is best for the country, in favor of what they think will help Trump. Their refusal to protect American democracy ranks among their most egregious misdeeds yet.

Source

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Courage is fearing something,
then doing it anyway

Reply #48 - Jul 28th, 2019 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
Danny wrote on Jul 28th, 2019 at 2:51pm:
Says the guy who you can't get a straight answer out of, but who knows the thoughts and actions of everyone he accuses of things he has no knowledge of.

Maybe that poster that stated you and the other fool are the same person might be onto something. Both cowards who lie and falsely accuse people of certain actions but when asked for proof, flee.

Danny, I will give you this one warning. Play games, and I will stop responding to you. I am humoring you because you are new.

IP Logged

Danny
LNF Senior Staffer6

Reply #49 - Jul 28th, 2019 at 3:40pm
Print Post  

F uck you. Don't threaten me.  Asking you a question is not playing games. Being evasive when told no one will hold it against you, is.

As to me being a troll that you called me on another thread. Bring on any topic that you would like to discuss. Assuming you can discuss.

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Mueller warns us we are being attacked, and what does Mcconnel do?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog