Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Ronald Reagan: "Those monkeys from those African countries" - Racist or not?
Poll
Poll Question: Ronald Reagan: "those monkeys from those African countries"
bars   pie

No! He was only making a poor joke    
  4 (33.3%)
Racist? Duh! Jaysus....    
  8 (66.7%)

Total votes: 12
« Created by: Greg55_99 on: Jul 31st, 2019 at 8:20am »
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Ronald Reagan: "Those monkeys from those African countries" - Racist or not? (Read 730 times)
Danny
LNF Senior Staffer6

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Ronald Reagan: "Those monkeys from those African countries" - Racist or not?
Reply #20 - Jul 31st, 2019 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
They way we throw around the word so freely and easily is something to really look at.

Let's just say he meant it as it was stated. In a moment of stupidity he says it.

Now, is he a racist? How did he live his live? Was it riff with racism?

We will now label a man's legacy based on a few words. Undecided

Why we need to bring civics back to schools.
Wadsworth wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 12:55pm:
And I said that Trump should look at his district. 

Freon_Bale wrote on Jul 28th, 2019 at 3:35pm:
Danny, I will give you this one warning.
  Smiley

IP Logged

heartland
Ex Member

Re: Ronald Reagan: "Those monkeys from those African countries" - Racist or not?
Reply #21 - Jul 31st, 2019 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Jul 31st, 2019 at 12:17pm:
"Something completely racist."

Was he talking about them because of their race and everyone of this race, or specifically about this small group of people because of the way this small group of people was behaving?

That seems like an important distinction if we're going to be throwing out the word "racist" doesn't it?

Queshank

Why are you even responding to that idiot?

The UN monkeys were dancing and Reagan called it like he saw it. At the end of the day, you had a bunch of dancing negroes representing the "leadership" of Africa, an oxymoron. And that "leadership" was given the ability to influence world events. It was a joke then and it is a joke now.

IP Logged

heartland
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Jul 31st, 2019 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Danny wrote on Jul 31st, 2019 at 12:23pm:
They way we throw around the word so freely and easily is something to really look at.

Let's just say he meant it as it was stated. In a moment of stupidity he says it.

Now, is he a racist? How did he live his live? Was it riff with racism?

We will now label a man's legacy based on a few words. Undecided

The TRUTH isn't racist.

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #23 - Jul 31st, 2019 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
true story...In June my nephew and his family were visiting - he is black, wife hispanic...two young kids...

now when my kids were young (white) I always used to chase them around and say "come here you little monkeys"...It was always a "kind" term from when we used to take them to the monkey house at the zoo and you'd see the little ones always running around...Id say see, that's like you...

so I was playing with my nephews kids and I started to say get over here you little monkeys...and being infected with the PC virus, stopped myself...and the truth is my nephew wouldn't have even noticed or cared...

but its shows how a perfectly innocent and innocuous term, and be twisted...

I have no idea what was in reagans mind when he said it, but I know what was in mine...

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF House Leader

Tribunal of the Holy Office
of the Inquisition

Reply #24 - Jul 31st, 2019 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Jul 31st, 2019 at 12:26pm:
true story...In June my nephew and his family were visiting - he is black, wife hispanic...two young kids...

now when my kids were young (white) I always used to chase them around and say "come here you little monkeys"...It was always a "kind" term from when we used to take them to the monkey house at the zoo and you'd see the little ones always running around...Id say see, that's like you...

so I was playing with my nephews kids and I started to say get over here you little monkeys...and being infected with the PC virus, stopped myself...and the truth is my nephew wouldn't have even noticed or cared...

but its shows how a perfectly innocent and innocuous term, and be twisted...

I have no idea what was in reagans mind when he said it, but I know what was in mine...

Ahhh...so Reagan meant it in a loving and kindly way.  Roll Eyes

Queshank wrote on Aug 26th, 2015 at 9:29am:
Trump is the monster created by irresponsible right wing rhetoric.  The GOP wanted to ride that wave as long as possible to fire up the base ... not realizing what they'd get when they unleashed the beast. He's the dictator those who find self governance too difficult have been waiting for.

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #25 - Jul 31st, 2019 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Jul 31st, 2019 at 12:31pm:
Ahhh...so Reagan meant it in a loving and kindly way.  Roll Eyes

as I wrote, I have no idea what was in his mind...sounded derogatory to me...BUT I know what was in my mind...

you need to learn to read and listen...

IP Logged

Schrodingerʼs Dog
LNF Staffer2

Reply #26 - Jul 31st, 2019 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Jul 31st, 2019 at 12:26pm:

That wasn't political correctness.  That was basic respect.

You on some level understood that the term was and is often used by white supremacists to denigrate blacks.  Good.  Why not allow your moment of decency to grow and extend into the lives of people like your nephew and his family

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #27 - Jul 31st, 2019 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Why are you even responding to that idiot?

The UN monkeys were dancing and Reagan called it like he saw it. At the end of the day, you had a bunch of dancing negroes representing the "leadership" of Africa, an oxymoron. And that "leadership" was given the ability to influence world events. It was a joke then and it is a joke now.

And, yet again, you have your answer Q.

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #28 - Jul 31st, 2019 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Jul 31st, 2019 at 12:02pm:
The modern Republican Party started going over to the side of evil around 1968, when Nixon co-opted southern racist anger over the Kennedy-LBJ era civil rights bills. His "Southern Strategy" helped him get re-elected, and was vital to the ascension of the Reagan-Bush regime.

Oh, and to call someone a "monkey" is equivalent to saying they are sub-human. It is a grave insult, racist to its core.

Ha ha ha. OK you racist idiots, you want to play games. All right, I will piss you off. I am sick of hearing the racist BS. Trump is not a racist, and neither am I. So all you that are, deal with this.

Taxonomists and geneticists believe that negros should be classified as different species. In fact, Darwin declared in The Descent of Man that the negros are so distinct that similar differences found in any other animal would warrant their classification as a different species.

Washington Post: Geneticists find that Africans are a different species
Posted on July 27, 2012 by Rob
Black Africans are a different species after all.
The article doesn’t come out and say it, but it’s the obvious conclusion.
The human family tree just got another — mysterious — branch, an African “sister species” to the heavy-browed Neanderthals that once roamed Europe.
While no fossilized bones have been found from these enigmatic people, they did leave a calling card in present-day Africans: snippets of foreign DNA.
There’s only one way that genetic material could have made it into modern human populations.
“Geneticists like euphemisms, but we’re talking about sex,” said Joshua Akey of the University of Washington in Seattle, whose lab identified the mystery DNA in three groups of modern Africans.
These genetic leftovers do not resemble DNA from any modern-day humans. The foreign DNA also does not resemble Neanderthal DNA, which shows up in the DNA of some modern-day Europeans, Akey said. That means the newly identified DNA came from an unknown group.
“We’re calling this a Neanderthal sibling species in Africa,” Akey said. He added that the interbreeding probably occurred 20,000 to 50,000 years ago, long after some modern humans had walked out of Africa to colonize Asia and Europe, and around the same time Neanderthals were waning in Europe.
In other words, Africans interbred with non-homo sapiens rather than maintaining reproductive isolation and evolving into a new species. The prehistorical Africans cursed themeselves, effectively reversing evolution on themselves, and in the modern day, race mixing with Africans by non-Africans is reversing evolution on one’s own family line. It is a crime against one’s ancestors.

Smiley Wink Shocked Roll Eyes

Freedom

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #29 - Jul 31st, 2019 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Archie wrote on Jul 31st, 2019 at 2:06pm:
Ha ha ha. OK you racist idiots, you want to play games. All right, I will piss you off. I am sick of hearing the racist BS. Trump is not a racist, and neither am I. So all you that are, deal with this.

Taxonomists and geneticists believe that negros should be classified as different species. In fact, Darwin declared in The Descent of Man that the negros are so distinct that similar differences found in any other animal would warrant their classification as a different species.

Washington Post: Geneticists find that Africans are a different species
Posted on July 27, 2012 by Rob
Black Africans are a different species after all.
The article doesn’t come out and say it, but it’s the obvious conclusion.
The human family tree just got another — mysterious — branch, an African “sister species” to the heavy-browed Neanderthals that once roamed Europe.
While no fossilized bones have been found from these enigmatic people, they did leave a calling card in present-day Africans: snippets of foreign DNA.
There’s only one way that genetic material could have made it into modern human populations.
“Geneticists like euphemisms, but we’re talking about sex,” said Joshua Akey of the University of Washington in Seattle, whose lab identified the mystery DNA in three groups of modern Africans.
These genetic leftovers do not resemble DNA from any modern-day humans. The foreign DNA also does not resemble Neanderthal DNA, which shows up in the DNA of some modern-day Europeans, Akey said. That means the newly identified DNA came from an unknown group.
“We’re calling this a Neanderthal sibling species in Africa,” Akey said. He added that the interbreeding probably occurred 20,000 to 50,000 years ago, long after some modern humans had walked out of Africa to colonize Asia and Europe, and around the same time Neanderthals were waning in Europe.
In other words, Africans interbred with non-homo sapiens rather than maintaining reproductive isolation and evolving into a new species. The prehistorical Africans cursed themeselves, effectively reversing evolution on themselves, and in the modern day, race mixing with Africans by non-Africans is reversing evolution on one’s own family line. It is a crime against one’s ancestors.

Smiley Wink Shocked Roll Eyes

Archie is a new species.  "Oldpootus Grumpy Maximus"...

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Ronald Reagan: "Those monkeys from those African countries" - Racist or not?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog