Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Gross Income inequality in the greatest nation on earth
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Gross Income inequality in the greatest nation on earth (Read 1,778 times)
Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Re: Income inequality in the greatest nation on earth
Reply #110 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
Buddy_Love wrote on Aug 12th, 2019 at 6:51pm:
You do understand there is a whole myriad of choices between, "The working class must be slave labor!", and, "Everybody has to make the same size paycheck, regardless of what they do, down to the penny.".

You understand this....right?

There is indeed.

But "income equality" does not leave a choice. By definition, it means the second situation you described.

As he said. Income equality would be a terrible idea.

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Bert plays with himself

Reply #111 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
Maestro wrote on Aug 12th, 2019 at 7:53pm:
There is indeed.

But "income equality" does not leave a choice. By definition, it means the second situation you described.

As he said. Income equality would be a terrible idea.

The only people in this thread using the term "income equality" have been the self-professed LNF far-right conservatives. I haven't used that term, nor has anyone else (that I could see) posting from center to left.

That's because remedying gross income inequality is not the same as absolute income equality. The chart in the OP clearly shows a gradation of income inequality. Why can't the USA be more like other civilized nations and lessen the inequality?

Furthermore, there is a simple solution in all this that was alluded to early on in this thread. And that is that the 1990's tax law that was intended to help rein in runaway executive compensation, by making it taxable if it isn't tied to better company performance, has clearly backfired. The reasons for this I won't repeat here; they are to be found further up in this thread.

The solution is to remove executive compensation in any form (cash, stock options, free pens and pencils) from being a deductible corporate expense. Completely.

I think then you'll see the situation improve dramatically.

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #112 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Aug 12th, 2019 at 8:11pm:
The only people in this thread using the term "income equality" have been the self-professed LNF far-right conservatives. I haven't used that term, nor has anyone else (that I could see) posting from center to left.

That's because remedying gross income inequality is not the same as absolute income equality. The chart in the OP clearly shows a gradation of income inequality. Why can't the USA be more like other civilized nations and lessen the inequality?

Furthermore, there is a simple solution in all this that was alluded to early on in this thread. And that is that the 1990's tax law that was intended to help rein in runaway executive compensation, by making it taxable if it isn't tied to better company performance, has clearly backfired. The reasons for this I won't repeat here; they are to be found further up in this thread.

The solution is to remove executive compensation in any form (cash, stock options, free pens and pencils) from being a deductible corporate expense. Completely.

Why target one specific type of expense to make non-deductible because you don't like that some people get paid a lot?

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #113 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Aug 12th, 2019 at 8:11pm:

Your brain is on vacation, but your mouth is working overtime.
You don’t have a clue. All BS.

In 2016, the top 1 percent of taxpayers accounted for more income taxes paid than the bottom 90 percent combined. The top 1 percent of taxpayers paid roughly $538 billion, or 37.3 percent of all income taxes, while the bottom 90 percent paid about $440 billion, or 30.5 percent of all income taxes.

How much did you say you paid????

Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Bert plays with himself

Reply #114 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
Archie wrote on Aug 12th, 2019 at 9:57pm:
Your brain is on vacation, but your mouth is working overtime.
You don’t have a clue. All BS.

In 2016, the top 1 percent of taxpayers accounted for more income taxes paid than the bottom 90 percent combined. The top 1 percent of taxpayers paid roughly $538 billion, or 37.3 percent of all income taxes, while the bottom 90 percent paid about $440 billion, or 30.5 percent of all income taxes.

How much did you say you paid????

Smiley

Jughead is clueless as usual.

He can't even format a post properly.

I don't know what he thinks he's doing here.

Demonstrating the long term adverse effects of anabolic steroids on brain function.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #115 - Aug 12th, 2019 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
Again, why does government have a say about a PRIVATE business hiring CEOs?  Are we now advocating Communism?  Should businesses become state property?    You have ZERO say in how business owners spend for their companies.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

JohnnyB1OFdaFEW
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Boston Strong- Big Papi

Reply #116 - Aug 13th, 2019 at 12:17am
Print Post  
Why do people that hate America and enjoy seeing the flag get spit on and burned stay?

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Bert plays with himself

Reply #117 - Aug 13th, 2019 at 2:54am
Print Post  
JohnnyB1OFdaFEW wrote on Aug 13th, 2019 at 12:17am:
Why do people that hate America and enjoy seeing the flag get spit on and burned stay?

And who would that be?

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #118 - Aug 13th, 2019 at 3:22am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Aug 12th, 2019 at 10:05pm:
Again, why does government have a say about a PRIVATE business hiring CEOs?  Are we now advocating Communism?  Should businesses become state property?    You have ZERO say in how business owners spend for their companies.

Because liberals and conservatives believe that the government should have the power to tell us who we can deal with and for how much.

Ignorant Blessings from Wads:

Wadsworth wrote on Feb 19th, 2019 at 9:18am:
Regulations are designed to protect the consumer and the worker.  If it doesn’t,it is not a regulation.

"Watched it.  A shotgun is for long ranged shooting.  That is why hunters like them.  An AR-15 is not.  That video was misleading.

IP Logged

JohnnyB1OFdaFEW
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Boston Strong- Big Papi

Reply #119 - Aug 13th, 2019 at 3:45am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Aug 12th, 2019 at 10:05pm:

Good point

If employees don't like it they can get another job (This isn't North Korea). That's what I always did.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Gross Income inequality in the greatest nation on earth

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog