Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Gross Income inequality in the greatest nation on earth
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Gross Income inequality in the greatest nation on earth (Read 1,956 times)
Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Re: Income inequality in the greatest nation on earth
Reply #130 - Aug 13th, 2019 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Aug 12th, 2019 at 8:11pm:
That's because remedying gross income inequality is not the same as absolute income equality.

That's true. I would suggest that those who are concerned about this issue call it what you just did: gross income inequality. Using that phrase makes it much more clear what your concern is and where the remedy lies.

Complaining about "income inequality" leaves you open to the criticism that Rabbit brought up. Income inequality is, to be honest, absolutely necessary in a healthy economy. And the only other logical possibility is income equality, which would be a disaster.

People who rail against mere "income inequality" sound like fools because it's a foolish thing to oppose.

I know this leads me open to the criticism of pedantry. I don't care. Words mean things. We should be clear what we mean if we want people to understand our position and especially if we want them to agree with it.
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2019 at 6:57pm by Maestro »  

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

56 of 47 is Bert

Reply #131 - Aug 13th, 2019 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
Maestro wrote on Aug 13th, 2019 at 6:51pm:
That's true. I would suggest that those who are concerned about this issue call it what you just did: gross income inequality. Using that phrase makes it much more clear what your concern is and where the remedy lies.

Complaining about "income inequality" leaves you open to the criticism that Rabbit brought up. Income inequality is, to be honest, absolutely necessary in a healthy economy. And the only other logical possibility is income equality, which would be a disaster.

People who rail against mere "income inequality" sound like fools because it's a foolish thing to oppose.

I know this leads me open to the criticism of pedantry. I don't care. Words mean things. We should be clear what we mean if we want people to understand our position and especially if we want them to agree with it.

OK, very well. I'll add "Gross" to the thread title.

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #132 - Aug 13th, 2019 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Aug 13th, 2019 at 2:46pm:
The answer is so simple even you, Archie, should be able to comprehend it.

Eliminate the tax write-off for executive compensation. Period.

It's actually LESS government interference.

Now, did you understand that?

Thump your right foot if you did.

Trump already did tighten it up. How come you don’t know that?
If you rent property and have to replace a furnace or air conditioner, you can deduct some tax money.
And also, compensation deduction?
Updated October 17, 2018. Generally speaking, the salaries, wages, commissions, and bonuses you have paid to the employees of your small business are tax-deductible expenses if they are deemed to be: Ordinary and necessary. Reasonable in amount. Paid for services actually provided,
And also note the date.

IRS Clarifies Its $1 Million Tax Deduction Limit on Executive Pay - SHRM

https://www.shrm.org/.../compensation/.../irs-clarifies-$1-million-tax-deduction....

1.      Cached
Aug 29, 2018 - On Aug. 21, the IRS issued Notice 2018-68 with much-anticipated guidance on changes made to the tax deductibility of executive compensation under Internal Revenue Code Section 162(m), particularly as regards performance-based awards. Stricter limits on deducting executive pay were ...

Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Gross Income inequality in the greatest nation on earth

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog