Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › The danger of branding everything you see as racism
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The danger of branding everything you see as racism (Read 1,004 times)
Wally Wants A Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Re: The danger of branding everything you see as racism
Reply #20 - Aug 18th, 2019 at 9:53am
Print Post  
Buddy_Love wrote on Aug 18th, 2019 at 9:17am:
BOOM!

“I can’t believe people call me out on my racist words and actions. UNFAIR!”.  Sad

BOOM!

" The few will always act like the few.�

�Machiavelli

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”

― Socrates

img]https://i.imgur.com/prBnexU.jpg[/img]
WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #21 - Aug 18th, 2019 at 10:52am
Print Post  
Mojo-Jojo wrote on Aug 18th, 2019 at 8:15am:
Racism is either over stated or in its reverse form huh?

The picked on majority sure has it rough in America.

Here's a thought, stop saying and doing things that your countrymen perceive as racist. Problem solved. No, that won't work 'cause then you can't be the victim and in today's culture everyone's a victim.

You missed the target.  And therefore the problem.

The problem is, nobody will ever "stop saying and doing things that your countrymen perceive as racist" so long as there is gain to be had in perceiving things people say and do as racist.

Queshank

The question isn't whether or not we're descended from monkeys.  The question is, when are we going to stop descending?

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Bert plays with himself

Reply #22 - Aug 18th, 2019 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Aug 13th, 2019 at 9:06pm:
Ulysses is just being a fredo.

Jassmein isn't just being a racist bitch.

She IS a racist bitch, all the time, everywhere.

Sad.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #23 - Aug 18th, 2019 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Aug 18th, 2019 at 10:52am:
You missed the target.  And therefore the problem.

The problem is, nobody will ever "stop saying and doing things that your countrymen perceive as racist" so long as there is gain to be had in perceiving things people say and do as racist.

Queshank

There is no perception in racism.  Either you say or do something racist or you do not.  I hope you are not denying that racism exist

The most ridiculous statement ever from Lomelis
Lomelis wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 3:03am:
This is why people need to turn against the gov in general.  Only going to get worse.

IP Logged

robth
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

The Sleep of Reason Begets
Liberalism

Reply #24 - Aug 18th, 2019 at 11:37am
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Aug 18th, 2019 at 11:31am:
There is no perception in racism.  Either you say or do something racist or you do not.  I hope you are not denying that racism exist

Only if we all accept the same definition of racism.

The problem Q brought up is that the left labels anything they disagree with as racist.

&&

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

[i]Latin quote hinting
at my great intellect.[/i]

Reply #25 - Aug 18th, 2019 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Mojo-Jojo wrote on Aug 18th, 2019 at 8:15am:
Racism is either over stated or in its reverse form huh?

The picked on majority sure has it rough in America.

Here's a thought, stop saying and doing things that your countrymen perceive as racist. Problem solved..

There is a woke subset of the population that realized there is political power in being offended.

So there is incentive to find an increasingly large range of comments as “racist”.

This is obvious.

So there are people who believe that not “saying ... things that your countrymen perceive as racist” is just bending the knee to irrational and authoritarian leftist agenda.

Jeffrey Epstein Didn’t Kill Himself

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #26 - Aug 18th, 2019 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
It’s the boy who cried wolf syndrome. A bit like the metoo movement as well.

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Courage is fearing something,
then doing it anyway

Reply #27 - Aug 18th, 2019 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Aug 12th, 2019 at 8:00pm:
This move in the past couple years to conflate all things "patriotic" with nationalism ... and then with "white nationalism" ... is problematic.

The Democrats and activists on the left have seized on it as a means of bullying their way into regaining political power.  And yes I do mean that literally how I typed it.

This push to call all things white nationalism isn't tarnishing nationalism.  It's polishing and giving a fresh coat of lacquer to white nationalism.

That doesn't mean there's more white nationalists.  It means there's more people that people on the left are *calling* white nationalists.

Let me show you how that works for those who see racism under every rock, and hatred behind every tree. 

(An aside: I have a theory on why that is Because they subscribe to CNN, the NY Times, NPR and the Washington Post on facebook and are being buried under a daily onslaught of "Remember Emmett Till" and "100 africans were lynched" and "This woman was lynched and burned alive" stories .... they're literally still living in the world of 1911.  There are days when I get nothing BUT "Remember racism!" in my facebook feed.  Because I subscribe to CNN, the NY Times, NPR and the Washington Post on facebook.)

Perspective:

My 65 year old uncle is an ornery son of a bitch.  Anti gay.

NAZI!  /clutch pearls.

But 40 years ago ... he was a completely normal 25 year old.

Around 30 years ago he started being called a jerk.  When he was 35.

Around 20 years ago he started being called intolerant.

Around 10 years ago he started being called a bigot.

Today he's being called a nazi.  Or a white nationalist.  Or a Trump supporter.  Or a Republican.  It's all the same thing amirite? haha!!1!

He's not a white nationalist.  He considers himself a "patriot."  (Remember I put that in quotes at the beginning?) 

He's not going to change from being that completely normal dude he was at 25 years old.  That's not a thing that actually happens here in the real world.  But keep pushing and he'll start accepting and embracing the white nationalist label.

And then white nationalism really will be on the rise.

Hate is a drug easily ten times stronger than love.  It's a joke that we even pretend they're opposites.  It takes zero effort to hate.  It's the default human condition when we turn off and just let the primal instincts take over.  Love takes work.  It takes effort.  How the hell could they possibly be opposites?  But we've conditioned ourselves with 50 years of Beatles songs to think it's the default human position.

And that's where Trump has you.  He wasn't a Beatles fan.

I just smoked my first legal joint in my life as a new citizen in California.  If that made no sense ... blame strawberry sherbet.  But I'll be convinced it's because you don't want it to.

Queshank

Que, in a bizarre way, I sort of agree with you. I agree that using the term racist has become a rallying point for the right, even though most are probably just narcissists, and not actually racists. But in the end, it really doesn't make a difference, unless your point is that your uncle would ever vote moderate or Dem. I think not. Just as much as racist has no meaning, so too, does 'patriot'. It's all code for saying other things, and if they already adhere to terms like that to describe themselves, they are likely beyond changing their views (or voting choices) regardless of their label.

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #28 - Aug 18th, 2019 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on Aug 18th, 2019 at 12:26pm:
Que, in a bizarre way, I sort of agree with you. I agree that using the term racist has become a rallying point for the right, even though most are probably just narcissists, and not actually racists. But in the end, it really doesn't make a difference, unless your point is that your uncle would ever vote moderate or Dem. I think not. Just as much as racist has no meaning, so too, does 'patriot'. It's all code for saying other things, and if they already adhere to terms like that to describe themselves, they are likely beyond changing their views (or voting choices) regardless of their label.

My sense is most voters are pretty entrenched in which party they will support vs years ago when it was more candidate based.

The dems, IMO, ran so many radical candidates with platforms that all know are not achievable. Ending private insurance, billionaires will pay for it.  Etc. they just came across as radical and stupid.

Biden is their best choice. And he is weak at best.

As much as I like trump, I wish the dems ran a solid younger centrist candidate with a clear plan. If nothing else it would have forced trump to do better.

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Courage is fearing something,
then doing it anyway

Reply #29 - Aug 18th, 2019 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Aug 18th, 2019 at 12:36pm:
My sense is most voters are pretty entrenched in which party they will support vs years ago when it was more candidate based.

The dems, IMO, ran so many radical candidates with platforms that all know are not achievable. Ending private insurance, billionaires will pay for it.  Etc. they just came across as radical and stupid.

Biden is their best choice. And he is weak at best.

As much as I like trump, I wish the dems ran a solid younger centrist candidate with a clear plan. If nothing else it would have forced trump to do better.

Petep, you are being totally disingenuous with your opinion, as if the Dems alone have suddenly changed into a party of crazy people.

Look in a mirror.

The Republicans of Reagan's day would be appalled by Trump. Your Tea Party far Right takeover of the Republican party is as dramatic as any claim you make against the Dems. If you can't see it, it is only because they happen to advocate your own ideology. But to the rest of us who were REAL Republicans, you have gone way off course, and no longer deserve to use that title to describe yourselves. You are something, but not Republicans.

And if the Republican party ever came back to a moderate platform, I would go back to it as well. I have no choice but to vote Dem, because there are no more Republicans to vote for. 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › The danger of branding everything you see as racism

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog