Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › - what's the Democrat's plans to cut $1 trillion deficits?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) - what's the Democrat's plans to cut $1 trillion deficits? (Read 309 times)
Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Re: - what's the Democrat's plans to cut $1 trillion deficits?
Reply #20 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 11:36am:
I will gladly admit this.  Both sides own this debt as neither has sought to address our 21 trillion dollar debt.  That irks me bigly.

IP Logged

Michael and Jello
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

I can't play the cello

Reply #21 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
There is no plan in Washington. There never will be.

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #22 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 12:49pm:
I hate to bring it up, because there is so much controversy around it, but what about our number one cost inequality in this country. Healthcare.

We pay twice as much as other nations, and have lower quality outcomes. We have WAY more hassle when we are sick, when we should be focusing on getting better. When I had cancer, the added stress of dealing with the billing costs and complexity was a burden I did not need.

If taxes went up to pay for it, resulting in more paycheck income coming home, then I am in favor of increased taxes.

In fact, in general, I am in favor of raising taxes as long as some concrete benefit comes back to me.

commie

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

Buddy_Love
LNF Representative2

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #23 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
I hate to bring it up, because there is so much controversy around it, but what about our number one cost inequality in this country. Healthcare.

We pay twice as much as other nations, and have lower quality outcomes. We have WAY more hassle when we are sick, when we should be focusing on getting better. When I had cancer, the added stress of dealing with the billing costs and complexity was a burden I did not need.

If taxes went up to pay for it, resulting in more paycheck income coming home, then I am in favor of increased taxes.

In fact, in general, I am in favor of raising taxes as long as some concrete benefit comes back to me.

We have dumb dumbs shrieking that we must pay twice
as much to place a barricade between you and your doctor. You can’t invent ignorance like that.

Wally Wants A Wall wrote on Aug 13th, 2019 at 5:36pm:
In 2020, when President Trump is reelected and we retake the House and gain a fillabuster proof majority in the Senate, then you can blame President Trump and the Republicans for this continuing mess in Washington.

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #24 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 1:28pm
Print Post  

I would not say for certain we have twice the cost...the analyses never factor in the taxes paid that go to healthcare...$6 a gallon gas and 25% sales tax on most goods, as an example in denmark....and almost 100% pay federal taxes at almost the same % rate....vs. 50% paying here....

I would add that tort/friv suits are the number 1 contributor to cost....the US legal lobbying effort owns washington...other countries do not have this...

also, insurance and gov't regs are the 2nd contributor to cost...simply compare a direct doc/patient relationship for lasik surgery at maybe 3-5k for both eyes...a real deal considering the billions of research and equipment...need 10 stitches...add in all the admin, ins costs, middlemen, gov't req'd paperwork....you are paying the same amount for tech that is centuries old and done by a PA....that's the amount of the inefficiency....

in terms of quality...it seems most all of the "boats" are coming to the states for quality care...canadians routinely comes here (the ones with money) for serious issues...when I had cancer and was at the univ of miami center, there were many canadians, europeans, australians and s. africans who came here due to excessive waits for the most basic of tests....let alone starting chemo or stem cell (which in most cases was not an option there)...

outcome is tough to measure...some centers of excellence get the toughest cases referred to them....I know where I was, a center of excellence, they got the cases that were screwed up elsewhere, in other countries....does that mean a higher mortality rate means they are worse....

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #25 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
If Trump could get things done more quickly, and not have to fight all the (D) BS. He knows how to start paying the debt down. Build that wall, and stop the cost of supporting the border jumpers, and save 275 billion for starters.
Then to try and turn around more of the expensive mistakes by the former president that put us in debt more than all other presidents put together, the next challenge.
Roll Eyes
Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

Courage is fearing something,
then doing it anyway

Reply #26 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Archie wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 3:28pm:
If Trump could get things done more quickly, and not have to fight all the (D) BS. He knows how to start paying the debt down. Build that wall, and stop the cost of supporting the border jumpers, and save 275 billion for starters.
Then to try and turn around more of the expensive mistakes by the former president that put us in debt more than all other presidents put together, the next challenge.
Roll Eyes
Smiley

But Archie, that is the MAIN point. This is NOT a business, it is a country. The president can't just say do it, and it gets done, unless he is able to CONVINCE the other side. It's called deal-making, something Trump was supposed to be phenomenal at. Turns out, he's a limp dick.

And what about the first two years of his being in power, when all three branches of government were Republican? Not one mile of wall built. Hillary was not locked up. No coal jobs saved, no steel jobs saved. He has massively underperformed for you, so the only reason you could possibly still like him is that he shares your racist ideology.

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #27 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
Archie wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 3:28pm:
Roll Eyes
Smiley

I thought he was the deal-maker?  I thought he was the best guy to get everyone to agree.

He had full control of congress and was still able to do just one thing -- tax cuts -- which is the single easiest thing to do in DC.  Nothing else.  He's doing executive actions, sure, but nothing through congress, even when he owns it.

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #28 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 3:36pm:
But Archie, that is the MAIN point. This is NOT a business, it is a country. The president can't just say do it, and it gets done, unless he is able to CONVINCE the other side. It's called deal-making, something Trump was supposed to be phenomenal at. Turns out, he's a limp dick.

And what about the first two years of his being in power, when all three branches of government were Republican? Not one mile of wall built. Hillary was not locked up. No coal jobs saved, no steel jobs saved. He has massively underperformed for you, so the only reason you could possibly still like him is that he shares your racist ideology.

I don't know about that - look at all the things obama said he would do, and either didn't even try or attempt or succeed...

n. korea/s. korea talking, nafta mess & renegotiation, prison reform, nato agreement restructuring & adherence....these were the majors that a president may be able to do one of...trump ticks them off like nothing....

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

Courage is fearing something,
then doing it anyway

Reply #29 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 3:44pm:
I don't know about that - look at all the things obama said he would do, and either didn't even try or attempt or succeed...

n. korea/s. korea talking, nafta mess & renegotiation, prison reform, nato agreement restructuring & adherence....these were the majors that a president may be able to do one of...trump ticks them off like nothing....

All I see is N Korea firing off tons of missiles. I see no actual change in the area.

NAFTA is still in effect. It's replacement is 95% identical to NAFTA, and it has not been ratified by Congress yet (or did I miss something?)

NATO Restructuring, at least financially? Ok, I'll give him that, but while he has forced NATO's hand, he's done it by alienating our allies. One step forward, three back. It will take decades to rebuild the relationships that he's harmed.

Prison Reform? You mean the First Step Act, which he will not fund? Yippee do, he passed a bill, but without funding, it is worthless, and he'd rather give tax breaks to rich people then fund this supposedly amazing bill. That's a fail.

You give him so much credit for doing virtually nothing. Yet Obama, he gets no credit at all. Obama inherited a massive recession, and he passed on a kick-ass economy to Trump. And Trump takes that great economy and still manages to mess it up with tariffs and deregulation.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › - what's the Democrat's plans to cut $1 trillion deficits?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog