Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Renowned Ivy League Abandons Darwin Evolution, Embraces Intelligent Design
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Renowned Ivy League Abandons Darwin Evolution, Embraces Intelligent Design (Read 196 times)
stu_gatze
LNF Speaker

Conservatism today, tommorow..&
forever!

Renowned Ivy League Abandons Darwin Evolution, Embraces Intelligent Design
Aug 24th, 2019 at 4:27pm
Print Post  

By: Daniel
August 23, 2019

Renowned Yale University professor, David Gelernter, has abandoned Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution in favor of intelligent design…which is an intelligent decision.

He argues that there are just too many holes in the theory and that it has been too long to even be a plausible scientific theory. Even Darwin himself says that if his theory cannot be proven within 100 years that it should be abandoned.

“Darwin’s theory predicts that new life forms evolve gradually from old ones in a constantly branching, spreading tree of life,” the professor says in the paper. “Those brave new Cambrian creatures must, therefore, have had Precambrian predecessors, similar but not quite as fancy and sophisticated. They could not have all blown out suddenly, like a bunch of geysers.”

“Each must have had a closely related predecessor, which must have had its own predecessors.”

“I have to distinguish between the way I’ve been treated personally, which has been a very courteous and collegial way by my colleagues at Yale, they’re nice guys and I like them, they’re my friends,” he said.

“On the other hand, when I look at their intellectual behavior, what they publish, and, much more important, what they tell their students, Darwinism has indeed passed beyond a scientific argument. As far as they are concerned, take your life in your hands to challenge it intellectually. They will destroy you if you challenge it.”

MORE>https://redrightvideos.com/renowned-ivy-league-abandons-darwin-evolution-embrace...

'Modern Progressive Liberalism' .. is a mental disorder!

IP Logged

stu_gatze
LNF Speaker

forever!

Re: Renowned Ivy League Abandons Darwin Evolution, Embraces Intelligent Design
Reply #1 - Aug 24th, 2019 at 11:23pm
Print Post  

It's very likely the libbies feel bad about this topic thread, .. and wish not to reply, as yet more leftist dogma gets flushed down the shit toilet!

Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Michael and Jello
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

I can't play the cello

Reply #2 - Aug 24th, 2019 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
How long before he's out of a job?

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

Courage is fearing something,
then doing it anyway

Reply #3 - Aug 25th, 2019 at 12:17am
Print Post  
stu_gatze wrote on Aug 24th, 2019 at 4:27pm:

https://www.hoover.org/sites/default/files/styles/one_by_one/public/research/ima...

August 23, 2019

Renowned Yale University professor, David Gelernter, has abandoned Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution in favor of intelligent design…which is an intelligent decision.

He argues that there are just too many holes in the theory and that it has been too long to even be a plausible scientific theory. Even Darwin himself says that if his theory cannot be proven within 100 years that it should be abandoned.

“Darwin’s theory predicts that new life forms evolve gradually from old ones in a constantly branching, spreading tree of life,” the professor says in the paper. “Those brave new Cambrian creatures must, therefore, have had Precambrian predecessors, similar but not quite as fancy and sophisticated. They could not have all blown out suddenly, like a bunch of geysers.”

“Each must have had a closely related predecessor, which must have had its own predecessors.”

“I have to distinguish between the way I’ve been treated personally, which has been a very courteous and collegial way by my colleagues at Yale, they’re nice guys and I like them, they’re my friends,” he said.

“On the other hand, when I look at their intellectual behavior, what they publish, and, much more important, what they tell their students, Darwinism has indeed passed beyond a scientific argument. As far as they are concerned, take your life in your hands to challenge it intellectually. They will destroy you if you challenge it.”

MORE>https://redrightvideos.com/renowned-ivy-league-abandons-darwin-evolution-embrace...

What would a computer science PhD know about evolution? Do you also value Art major opinions on physics? Galaxies aren't pretty enough, so they must actually be cottage cheese smeared across the heavens.

IP Logged

stu_gatze
LNF Speaker

forever!

Reply #4 - Aug 25th, 2019 at 12:19am
Print Post  
Michael and Jello wrote on Aug 24th, 2019 at 11:38pm:
How long before he's out of a job?

Hard to say, .. remember, he used to be an ardent believer! Perhaps, for now, they will let him stay on long enough for his retirement, but, .. who really knows?   Wink

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

"I am the rightest of
rights" - Jassmin 8-24-19

Reply #5 - Aug 25th, 2019 at 4:11am
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on Aug 25th, 2019 at 12:17am:
What would a computer science PhD know about evolution? Do you also value Art major opinions on physics? Galaxies aren't pretty enough, so they must actually be cottage cheese smeared across the heavens.

This is typical conservashit.

Not to mention the misleading title, which directly implies that all of "Ivy League" has decided Darwin's theories are bunk.

And I am reminded of other conservative professors pass judgement on scientific issues about which they have no expertise.

But look how the LNF cons lap it up.

What is the cost of lies? It's not that we'll mistake them for the truth. The real danger is that if we hear enough lies, then we no longer recognize the truth at all. What can we do then? What else is left but to abandon the hope of truth and content ourselves instead with stories. In these stories it doesn't matter who the heroes are. All we want to know is who is to blame. - V. Legasov

IP Logged

JohnnyBgay
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Boston Strong- Big Papi

Reply #6 - Aug 25th, 2019 at 5:24am
Print Post  
stu_gatze wrote on Aug 24th, 2019 at 4:27pm:

https://www.hoover.org/sites/default/files/styles/one_by_one/public/research/ima...

August 23, 2019

Its another theory. It doesn't prove evolution wrong. God creating life is theory. It has holes all though it too. But much bigger holes.

IP Logged

Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Reply #7 - Aug 25th, 2019 at 7:08am
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Aug 25th, 2019 at 4:11am:
This is typical conservashit.

Not to mention the misleading title, which directly implies that all of "Ivy League" has decided Darwin's theories are bunk.

And I am reminded of other conservative professors pass judgement on scientific issues about which they have no expertise.

But look how the LNF cons lap it up.

I believe an intelligence is behind all creation.

And I likewise believe this headline is misleading. I was actually going to post that very thing, but you beat me to it.

Usually you and I are on opposite sides when it comes to complaining about misleading headlines. Don't let my pedantry rub off on you!

IP Logged

atreyu
LNF Representative

Reply #8 - Aug 25th, 2019 at 11:24am
Print Post  
I didn't post because it was obviously a troll thread, just like all of stu's posts.

It took less than a minute of research to figure out the headline wasn't truthful.

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

"I am the rightest of
rights" - Jassmin 8-24-19

Reply #9 - Aug 25th, 2019 at 11:45am
Print Post  
Maestro wrote on Aug 25th, 2019 at 7:08am:
I believe an intelligence is behind all creation.

And I likewise believe this headline is misleading. I was actually going to post that very thing, but you beat me to it.

Usually you and I are on opposite sides when it comes to complaining about misleading headlines. Don't let my pedantry rub off on you!

I have never seen any proof of a higher "intelligence" behind the universe. I cannot say it doesn't exist, either. The mechanics of chemistry and physics explain much of how our world works, but not necessarily how the entire package got started, and what its overall limits are, if any. It is a subject that fascinates me, but also one that defies any firm conclusion.

My policy, borne out of habit posting on better websites than LNF, is to quote verbatim, subject to the character space limits of the platform, the title of a linked and quoted article as closely as possible. When the article's title is clearly misleading, I will endeavor to add that qualification to the body of the OP.

It's my understanding, from having worked in journalism in university, that most headlines are not written by an article's author, but by their editor. Thus the article title may diverge from the content. In the days before the Internet, article titles were generally short and succinct, due primarily to space limitations. Now they can be complete sentences which necessarily presents challenges when they are referenced in a thread. Still, I much prefer not further prejudicing the thread by substituting my own title, which might well irritate more pedants than simply quoting as much of the original title as fits.

What is the cost of lies? It's not that we'll mistake them for the truth. The real danger is that if we hear enough lies, then we no longer recognize the truth at all. What can we do then? What else is left but to abandon the hope of truth and content ourselves instead with stories. In these stories it doesn't matter who the heroes are. All we want to know is who is to blame. - V. Legasov

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Renowned Ivy League Abandons Darwin Evolution, Embraces Intelligent Design

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog