Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › global warming and the Bahamas...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) global warming and the Bahamas... (Read 836 times)
Michael and Jello
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

I can't play the cello

Re: global warming and the Bahamas...
Reply #60 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 1:19am
Print Post  
What will be the result if we do everything the democrats say we must do to save the planet and no one else does? We all share the same atmosphere.

IP Logged

JohnnyBgay
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Boston Strong- Big Papi

Reply #61 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 4:13am
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 1:34pm:

Fiddler, people here sometimes make claims that you have a low IQ. I know that's not true. However, posts like this is what cause this opinion of you. I'm not saying warmer temps don't cause hurricanes. Of course they do. That's a fact. But your post is totally irrelevant to the argument Seaman is making. You pulled a Ulyness there.  Sad

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #62 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 4:59am
Print Post  
Michael and Jello wrote on Sep 9th, 2019 at 1:19am:
What will be the result if we do everything the democrats say we must do to save the planet and no one else does? We all share the same atmosphere.

the report says the us contributes 15% of total...so if we eliminate 100%...that drop 15%...we already know china and india won't do anything...they've said as much...

the reductions will come naturally via the free mkt desire for lower cost energy, renewables...like LED lights.

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #63 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 9:44am
Print Post  
JohnnyBgay wrote on Sep 9th, 2019 at 4:13am:
Fiddler, people here sometimes make claims that you have a low IQ. I know that's not true.

Really? ..  I haven't heard that.  Who, other than a "No IQ" hick, would be stupid enough to say something so obviously wrong?.

JohnnyBgay wrote on Sep 9th, 2019 at 4:13am:
But your post is totally irrelevant to the argument Seaman is making. 

I posted that pic after SW implied that humans do not possess the ability to affect changes to the environment.

Fiddler wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 2:04pm:
Of course my pic of a heavily polluted remote beach in the middle of the Pacific Ocean was to help drive home the point that humans have and DO impact ALL the environment.. Land, Sea AND Air .. 

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #64 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 10:01am
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Sep 9th, 2019 at 9:44am:
Really? ..  I haven't heard that.  Who, other than a "No IQ" hick, would be stupid enough to say something so obviously wrong?.

I posted that pic after SW implied that humans do not possess the ability to affect changes to the environment.

Well, you took a valid point and distorted it.  You and Greg love to play this game of technicality.  If we are not specific you jump all over it to stretch or alter the obvious intent.  You knew what I was talking about but as I have pointed out, you play these silly games because you can not debate the intended topic.  I have asked you and you will not answer me.  Show me we can alter stop or slow the climate change and I will be on board.  We all know that this has yet to be demonstrated, thus this game you play.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #65 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 10:58am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 9th, 2019 at 10:01am:
Show me we can alter stop or slow the climate change and I will be on board.  We all know that this has yet to be demonstrated, thus this game you play.

The data is in  .. The facts are clear.. (except in the case of fossil fuel industry mouthpieces) It is now unquestionable that an increase in human produced CO2 is forcing THIS period of warming.

Your question .."Show me we can alter stop or slow the climate change" is simple to answer but difficult to execute.

The simple answer is ..we slow or stop the forcing by reducing CO2 emissions.  As one lowers the temperature of a pot of water on a burner by reducing the energy put in (forcing) we can lower atmospheric forcing by reducing CO2 .   

Of course this is where "difficult to execute" comes in.  I'm sure you've at some point read what might be done. 

These COULD be partial solutions..

Conservation efforts.  e.g. reduced energy usage.

Converting to Natural Gas. .  Though not ideal, natural gas emits 50% less CO2 than coal.

Nuclear energy

Alternative Energy ..  Solar/Wind 

Eat less meat/dairy  ..  ~15% of anthropogenic greenhouse gas emissions are from meat and dairy production.

Population control. (Before you go into full panty wadding mode I'm not suggesting more abortions... just fewer people. )

These could slow the increase but it appears that carbon sequestration both air capture and exhaust will be the answer to reversing the level of CO2 currently in the atmosphere.

It can be done and at some point we will be forced to do it.  Why not start now.?   Thing is, I feel like I've just wasted another bunch of keystrokes in trying to help you understand this.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #66 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Sep 9th, 2019 at 10:58am:
The data is in  .. The facts are clear.. (except in the case of fossil fuel industry mouthpieces) It is now unquestionable that an increase in human produced CO2 is forcing THIS period of warming.

Your question .."Show me we can alter stop or slow the climate change" is simple to answer but difficult to execute.

The simple answer is ..we slow or stop the forcing by reducing CO2 emissions.  As one lowers the temperature of a pot of water on a burner by reducing the energy put in (forcing) we can lower atmospheric forcing by reducing CO2 .   

Of course this is where "difficult to execute" comes in.  I'm sure you've at some point read what might be done. 

These COULD be partial solutions..

Conservation efforts.  e.g. reduced energy usage.

Converting to Natural Gas. .  Though not ideal, natural gas emits 50% less CO2 than coal.

Nuclear energy

Alternative Energy ..  Solar/Wind 

Eat less meat/dairy  ..  ~15% of anthropogenic greenhouse gas emissions are from meat and dairy production.

Population control. (Before you go into full panty wadding mode I'm not suggesting more abortions... just fewer people. )

These could slow the increase but it appears that carbon sequestration both air capture and exhaust will be the answer to reversing the level of CO2 currently in the atmosphere.

It can be done and at some point we will be forced to do it.  Why not start now.?   Thing is, I feel like I've just wasted another bunch of keystrokes in trying to help you understand this.

We are still talking theories, we are asking to show us that we can alter our climate first before we surrender our cheap way of life.  That is what science does, prove or disprove a theory.  Before we make life harder for our poor and burden them with expensive energy, one would want to see that we can exert changes over that of nature.  We see history of a climate that has changed, dramatically in some instance, over the life of earth well before the industrial revolution.  Forgive us if we have doubts.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #67 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 9th, 2019 at 11:06am:
Forgive us if we have doubts.

This is not a "theory" any more so than boiling a pot of water is a theory   .. .

Having doubts is fine.. It's part of the scientific method ..  My question to you at this point is "Why will you not even LOOK at the science?"

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #68 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 11:16am
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 1:33pm:
Eh that's a bit of a straw man.

You know full well the point is warmer temperatures make hurricanes worse.

But his point is that this isn't the first 5 hurricane (or whatever it was at landing in the Bahamas).  Now you're trying to deny that.  We have had other 5 hurricanes.

So far, we, the people, cannot control the weather or the climate.  We, the people, includes the scientists.   

The city in which I live outside of Baton Rouge had its first big flooding issue in 2016.  We actually are in (or used to be in) a no flood zone.  After all was said and done the flood was  caused by not cleaning out the draining ditches etc., so when we got a humongous amount of rain the draining ditches couldn't handle it and the small creeks etc  flooded in the non flood zone.  We've seen a lot of draining ditch work being done by the city in the last 2-3 years.  IOW, this pretty much was a man made flood and not a something to prove global warming just because it had never happened before.

IP Logged

Buddy_Love
LNF Representative2

Reply #69 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 11:31am
Print Post  
The US Military has declared climate change a serious threat to national security for a reason.

Wally Wants A Wall wrote on Aug 13th, 2019 at 5:36pm:
In 2020, when President Trump is reelected and we retake the House and gain a fillabuster proof majority in the Senate, then you can blame President Trump and the Republicans for this continuing mess in Washington.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › global warming and the Bahamas...

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog