Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › global warming and the Bahamas...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) global warming and the Bahamas... (Read 841 times)
Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

[i]Latin quote hinting
at my great intellect.[/i]

Re: global warming and the Bahamas...
Reply #80 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Sep 9th, 2019 at 1:59pm:
First, it's not expensive energy.  Renewables beat coal already.  Factor in pollution effects, and they beat oil and gas.  Factor in how much we spend to secure oil commerce, and how much oil money goes to support our geopolitical enemies, and they beat it by far.

We are subsidizing dirty supply chains to protect a few well-connected equity lords and a raft of international adversaries.  And you keep buying the propaganda they put out to cover their tracks.

You have gone on record as being concerned about leaving enormous public debt to our children.  Don't you want your children to breath clean air, eat clean food, and thrive in a world under proper sustainable stewardship?

Another question;

If there was a 20% drop in hydrocarbon usage, what impact would that have on climate change? And as a follow up, what impact would that have on the price of these fuel sources? And another follow up, what might that change in price do to demand and it’s cost relative to renewables?

Where do all these follow up questions lead? To one final follow up:  do we go to war to stop nations from using hydrocarbons?

Buddy_Love wrote on Jul 16th, 2019 at 5:17pm:
I'm fine where I am. I love America. However, you don't like America, so it's you that should leave.

Ulysses wrote on Aug 12th, 2019 at 10:00pm:
I dare you to say that to Cuomo's face.

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #81 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
PaleoCon wrote on Sep 9th, 2019 at 11:45am:
Of course, global warming is a theory,

Leave it to you Flat Earthers to lip off about theories when your entire world view is centered around the theory of an invisible triune deity..

Here's a hand full of other theories for you to embarrass yourself over.

Oxygen Theory of Combustion
Plate Tectonic Theory
Electron Theory

I'm willing to bet you'd be able to find a "scientist" who championed magic over electron movement if your Mango Messiah commanded it.

It's always a hoot when you science illiterates try to talk 'theories'..

I've already proven that there was a global cooling consensus in the 1970s.

Not in this reality.

But for a moment let's pretend that this artifact of your imagination is accurate and examine the impetus behind your emotional longing for it to be true..

Your lesson .. . 

Geocentrism, as taught in the Holey Buybull, was the consensus among bronze age goat herders.  For all that I know it may well still be among the more paleo of the cons .. Yet geocentrism's acceptance did not prevent science from correcting religion's mistake and leading us out of darkness and into heliocentrism.

Until the 19th century religious folk, always working diligently to hold humanity back, preached Miasmatism as the carrier of disease... of course it was a consensus..  Science delivered us from such superstitious nonsense and Germ Theory has saved millions.

Each of those, Germ Theory and Heliocentrism, are the consensus today yet only the most backward.. e.g. you religious types.. would dare declare them and the consensus of scientists invalid. 

Your implication is that because the consensus of the time proved to be in error means that consensus is at no time of any value.  This on its face is absurd and would only be supported by agenda driven agents and armchair nitwits such as yourself.  The value is found in the construction of scientific foundations on which to move forward.

Anthropogenic Global Warming is perhaps second only to Evolution in the forcefulness of its conclusions and in the degree of acceptance among educated individuals.  AGW has withstood challenge after challenge from fossil fuel paid emissaries and their pawns in government.  It will most certainly withstand your puny contrivances.

I lived through the left's chlorofluorocarbon crusade, where spray paint and hair spray was going to kill us all!

Good... at least on some level..as best as you can given your disregard for education.. you understand that such successes are within our grasp.

These global warming/climate change zealots demand conformity to the latest craze, yet can't seem to pick just one.

Once again, global warming fanatics are like Chicken Little.  Every decade, they tell us that the sky is falling and every decade they are wrong.

It can't be "settled" science if it keeps changing.  The only constant with these people is "GIVE US TONS OF MONEY OR WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!"

And here once again we find ourselves at the point where you allow your monkey brain to override the few brain cells left to your disposal... as if you had a choice.   If nothing else your monkey brain, dishonest as the day is long, is incredibly skilled at building strawmen..

Keep swinging Palooka  .. .

IP Logged

JohnnyBgay
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Boston Strong- Big Papi

Reply #82 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 12:36am
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Sep 9th, 2019 at 9:44am:
Really? ..  I haven't heard that.  Who, other than a "No IQ" hick, would be stupid enough to say something so obviously wrong?.

You've never heard anyone here use you as a scape goat claiming "Fiddlers low IQ"?

Fiddler wrote on Sep 9th, 2019 at 9:44am:
I posted that pic after SW implied that humans do not possess the ability to affect changes to the environment.

I didn't see that. I saw stuff about the climate, but nothing about we're not hurting the environment. The argument was about how we are effecting the climate and causing storms. That garbage is sad, but isn't an example of how we caused hurricanes. That garbage hurts wildlife, beautiful landscapes, and water. I disagree it makes the earth warmer. Maybe burning it.

You knew what he meant, and tried to bring it someplace else. He knows about the garbage.

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #83 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 9:49am
Print Post  
JohnnyBgay wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 12:36am:
You've never heard anyone here use you as a scape goat claiming "Fiddlers low IQ"?

Nope. . I find it difficult to believe that anyone capable of reading could be stupid enough to think that? 

I didn't see that.

Clearly.

That garbage is sad, but isn't an example of how we caused hurricanes.

Of course it isn't.  Plus WE don't cause hurricanes but increased ocean warming... the result of human-induced global warming .. is indeed strengthening these storms.

I disagree it makes the earth warmer. Maybe burning it.

Producing it adds to warming the planet but it is not primary.

You knew what he meant, and tried to bring it someplace else.

Yes.. I did but you still don't. 

SW said that hurricanes were here before humans and so humans could not effect hurricanes.  I pointed out that being here before humans has nothing to do with the potential impact humans have on the environment ..  Thus the pic of a beach that was here before humans yet has been greatly impacted by human actions...

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #84 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 9:49am:
Yes.. I did but you still don't. 

He's right and you are wrong.  Since I wrote those remarks I know perfectly well what I was talking about.  You do not get to dictate my intent.  Foolish that you somehow think you can without me calling you out on this.  We do NOT have affects on hurricanes.  That is a theory that is propagated by Climate Change advocates that really has little history to base this on in my opinion.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Michael and Jello
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

I can't play the cello

Reply #85 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Hurricanes during hurricane season. Unprecedented!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › global warming and the Bahamas...

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog