Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Man Caused Global Warming predicted over 100 years ago...
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Man Caused Global Warming predicted over 100 years ago... (Read 423 times)
Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

"I am the rightest of
rights" - Jassmin 8-24-19

Man Caused Global Warming predicted over 100 years ago...
Sep 10th, 2019 at 1:01am
Print Post  
Have any doubt about that?

Well, look at this:

What they didn't know in 1912 is the large amount of petroleum based fuels that would be added to the burning of coal, to keep cars, trucks, trains, and other modern conveniences going. Plus, the rapid industrialization of formerly agrarian regions (such as Asia) have accelerated the release of warming CO2. Evidence now indicates that the "few centuries" for it to start to take effect has been reduced to just one century.

What is the cost of lies? It's not that we'll mistake them for the truth. The real danger is that if we hear enough lies, then we no longer recognize the truth at all. What can we do then? What else is left but to abandon the hope of truth and content ourselves instead with stories. In these stories it doesn't matter who the heroes are. All we want to know is who is to blame. - V. Legasov

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Re: Man Caused Global Warming predicted over 100 years ago...
Reply #1 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 6:02am
Print Post  
Most cited is a 1975 Newsweek article The Cooling World that suggested cooling "may portend a drastic decline for food production":

"Meteorologists disagree about the cause and extent of the cooling trend… But they are almost unanimous in the view that the trend will reduce agricultural productivity for the rest of the century."

A 1974 Times Magazine article Another Ice Age? painted a similarly bleak picture:

"When meteorologists take an average of temperatures around the globe, they find that the atmosphere has been growing gradually cooler for the past three decades. The trend shows no indication of reversing. Climatological Cassandras are becoming increasingly apprehensive, for the weather aberrations they are studying may be the harbinger of another ice age."

IP Logged

The D-Man
LNF Representative

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #2 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 6:23am
Print Post  
Unfortunately due to the civil rights movement and forced desegregation of neighborhoods and schools, white people had to move out of the cities to the suburbs in search of peace and quiet, and now they have to commute back into the city every day for work, thus emitting massive amounts of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere and greatly speeding the demise of the planet.

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #3 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 9:05am
Print Post  
petep wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 6:02am:
Most cited is a 1975 Newsweek article The Cooling World that suggested cooling "may portend a drastic decline for food production":

"Meteorologists disagree about the cause and extent of the cooling trend… But they are almost unanimous in the view that the trend will reduce agricultural productivity for the rest of the century."

A 1974 Times Magazine article Another Ice Age? painted a similarly bleak picture:

"When meteorologists take an average of temperatures around the globe, they find that the atmosphere has been growing gradually cooler for the past three decades. The trend shows no indication of reversing. Climatological Cassandras are becoming increasingly apprehensive, for the weather aberrations they are studying may be the harbinger of another ice age."

Strange ..   The guy in the quote below says that you've full of shit..

petep wrote on Aug 7th, 2019 at 3:14pm:

Yes.. Global Cooling was mentioned repeatedly in the popular press in articles targeting laymen.  Professional journals however more often addressed warming.

Fact is that there was never a Global Cooling consensus.. 

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #4 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 9:13am
Print Post  
The D-Man wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 6:23am:
greatly speeding the demise of the planet.

Nah ..  The planet will be fine..  It's humans that will be getting their asses kicked.

Climate Change is about food, water, energy ..  .  It's about handing a more hostile planet over to our progeny should we fail to curtail warming. 

If push comes to shove the Earth will shrug us off like parasites and never look back.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 9:17am
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 9:13am:
Nah ..  The planet will be fine..  It's humans that will be getting their asses kicked.

Climate Change is about food, water, energy ..  .  It's about handing a more hostile planet over to our progeny should we fail to curtail warming

If push comes to shove the Earth will shrug us off like parasites and never look back.

Too bad the same concern of spending their money does not have you as concerned about the future of our "progeny".

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #6 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 9:32am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 9:17am:
Too bad the same concern of spending their money does not have you as concerned about the future of our "progeny". 

Ah yes.. The famous Seawolf pivot. .  Nicely executed sir .. . .   Cool

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 9:53am
Print Post  
Truth be told, nobody knows.  Maybe, maybe not.  Scientists said global cooling.  That didn't work for them.  Now they say that it's global warming. 
I'm just going to wait and see what happens during the rest of my life.

I've reached the point in my life where I'm bored with the subjedct.  Younger people are fascinated with it.  I just figure I'll let my progeny take care of what they want to take care of/  Possibly some of you warming believers will want to turn your a/cs on full blast and open all your doors and windows.  O.K., fine with me.

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 10:05am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 9:53am:
Truth be told, nobody knows.  Maybe, maybe not.  Scientists said global cooling.  That didn't work for them.  Now they say that it's global warming. 
I'm just going to wait and see what happens during the rest of my life.

I've reached the point in my life where I'm bored with the subjedct.  Younger people are fascinated with it.  I just figure I'll let my progeny take care of what they want to take care of/  Possibly some of you warming believers will want to turn your a/cs on full blast and open all your doors and windows.  O.K., fine with me.

the reality is the free mkt is moving very rapidly in a good direction...whether you believe cattle, and composting and man is causing global warming or not...and if the focus is on reducing carbon emissions from fossil fuels its happening...coal is at a 39 year low...car companies are moving rapidly toward alternatives...

I'd like to believe we'd all want free, renewable, clean energy...if that is the goalpost...and that's the direction we are headed anyway....

Human, and the free market, and capitalism, and competition...admittedly with limited laws and regs in place to protect against the extremes...have a remarkable way of solving all sort of problems...

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #9 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 10:28am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 9:53am:

Honey.. Back then some did cite cooling.. More cited warming. 

Today ~ 97% of the research papers taking a position on the cause of global warming agreed that humans are causing it.

You can go back to sleep now.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Man Caused Global Warming predicted over 100 years ago...

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog