Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Man Caused Global Warming predicted over 100 years ago...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Man Caused Global Warming predicted over 100 years ago... (Read 422 times)
petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Re: Man Caused Global Warming predicted over 100 years ago...
Reply #10 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 10:37am
Print Post  
the radical left would do well to simply shift the discussion to do we want clean, safe, renewable, low cost energy...and everyone will nod yes...

why get caught up in whether or not man causes warming or not...

does it really matter...we are moving away from whatever you believe is man made that is causing it...and it is moving as fast as it possibly can, and the transition is happening...

its like we are all on a freeway going to the same place...and the left wants to keep arguing whether or not the map we are using was printed in color or not

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #11 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 10:41am
Print Post  
petep wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 10:37am:
the radical left would do well to simply shift the discussion to do we want clean, safe, renewable, low cost energy...and everyone will nod yes...

does it really matter...we are moving away from whatever you believe is man made that is causing it...and it is moving as fast as it possibly can, and the transition is happening...

its like we are all on a freeway going to the same place...and the left wants to keep arguing whether or not the map we are using was printed in color or not

Excellent point.  No one is stating we do not want energy that has little impact on our environment.  We simply do not want to be forced on energy alternatives that are unreliable and expensive.  I and others have stated that no form of energy should be off the table until we have demonstrated an alternative source of clean, reliable and cheap energy.  I believe it will happen over time.  Scaring people to an alternative form of energy is not the way to go about this.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #12 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 10:48am
Print Post  
the radical left

Let's be clear about who you're calling the "radical left"..

American Meteorological Society
NOAA
U.S. National Academy of Sciences
NASA
ESA
American Chemical Society
American Institute of Physics
American Physical Society
Australian Institute of Physics
European Physical Society
American Geophysical Union
National Center for Atmospheric Research
Royal Society of the United Kingdom
United States Navy
Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society
Science Council of Japan
Russian Academy of Science
Royal Society of Canada
Chinese Academy of Sciences
French Academy of Sciences
German Academy of Natural Scientists Leopoldina
Indian National Science Academy
Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei
Australian Academy of Sciences
Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Sciences and the Arts
Brazilian Academy of Sciences
Royal Society of Canada
Caribbean Academy of Sciences
Indonesian Academy of Sciences
Royal Irish Academy
Academy of Sciences Malaysia
Academy Council of the Royal Society of New Zealand
Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences
American Association for the Advancement of Science
United States National Research Council
Australian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society
American Quaternary Association
American Astronomical Society
American Statistical Association and the
Canadian Council of Professional Engineers

Still wanna stay with that comment?

does it really matter...

So now you're saying that facts and data DON'T matter ..

petep wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 10:50am:
and can we please add some facts and data to the discussion...

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #13 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 10:51am
Print Post  
Estimated 40 Percent of Scientists Doubt Manmade Global Warming

https://www.nas.org/blogs/press_release/estimated_40_percent_of_scientists_doubt...

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #14 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 10:54am
Print Post  
see, you're emotion always gets the best of you...I'm not calling them the radical left...I'm calling those of you that can't seem to get off trying to spend all their time convincing us that man is causing it and we are all going to die if x doesn't happen...

have you ever studied any fighting?? use judo, not boxing... stop trying to engage in a fight you will never win and simply shift the conversation to the positives of renewables...and there are many...get the other person nodding yes and apply there energy to something they agree with...free, cheap, safe, clean, renewable energy

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #15 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 10:58am
Print Post  
petep wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 10:54am:
see, you're emotion always gets the best of you...I'm not calling them the radical left...I'm calling those of you that can't seem to get off trying to spend all their time convincing us that man is causing it and we are all going to die if x doesn't happen...

have you ever studied any fighting?? use judo, not boxing... stop trying to engage in a fight you will never win and simply shift the conversation to the positives of renewables...and there are many...get the other person nodding yes and apply there energy to something they agree with...free, cheap, safe, clean, renewable energy

Fiddler is an excellent example of never looking for common ground and building on it.  Instead, it is their way and their way only, even if it kills the goose that lays their golden egg.

IP Logged

The D-Man
LNF Representative

Reply #16 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 9:13am:
Nah ..  The planet will be fine..  It's humans that will be getting their asses kicked.

Climate Change is about food, water, energy ..  .  It's about handing a more hostile planet over to our progeny should we fail to curtail warming. 

If push comes to shove the Earth will shrug us off like parasites and never look back.

We need to step back and take a look at the harm the civil rights movement and the resulting white flight have caused to the environment. Racial integration is yet another grand liberal idea that has led to deadly unforseen consequences.

IP Logged

PaleoCon
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Ne sutor ultra crepidam.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas

Reply #17 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 10:28am:
Honey.. Back then some did cite cooling.. More cited warming. 

Typical liberal.  Prove them wrong multiple times and yet they still keep posting the same false garbage.  Get yourself educated, "honey":

Quote:
I find it very surprising that PCF-08 only uncovered 7 cooling papers and did not uncover the 86 cooling papers in major scientific journals, such as, Journal of American Meteorological Society, Nature, Science, Quaternary Research and similar scientific papers that they reviewed. For example, PCF-08 only found 1 paper in Quaternary Research, namely the warming paper by Mitchell (1976), however, this review found 19 additional papers in that journal, comprising 15 cooling, 3 neutral and 1 warming.

1. The 1968-1976 period when cooling papers greatly outnumber the warming papers (85% to 15%), if we ignore the neutral papers (as was done in the Cook et al (2103). The 85% to 15% majority is an overwhelming cooling consensus. Additionally, this is probably the period when the 1970s “global cooling consensus” originated because cooling was clearly an established scientific consensus – not the myth that PCF-08 contend.

2. The 1977-1979 period when warming papers slightly outnumber the cooling papers (52% to 48%) – a warming majority but not a consensus.

The following observations are also worth noting from Figure 2 for the 1965-1979 reference period:

1. Of the 190 papers in the database, the respective number of papers are 86 cooling, 58 neutral and 46 warming. In percentage terms, this equates to 45% cooling papers, 31% neutral papers and 24% warming papers, if we use all of the data.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/11/19/the-1970s-global-cooling-consensus-was-no...

Oops. Busted. Now, grab the popcorn and watch this troll get triggered.

At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. P.J. ORourke

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #18 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 11:07am
Print Post  
petep wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 10:54am:

I'll take that as you saying that facts and data actually don't matter.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #19 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 11:11am
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 11:07am:
I'll take that as you saying that facts and data actually don't matter.

What is your issue with his remark that we are both on the same road but you are demanding a different solution?  If both sides are ok with alternative solutions in the end, why can we not start there and work backs rather then screaming the sky is falling and frightening folks into an alternative that is just not quite ready?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Man Caused Global Warming predicted over 100 years ago...

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog