Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Man Caused Global Warming predicted over 100 years ago...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Man Caused Global Warming predicted over 100 years ago... (Read 426 times)
Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

"I am the rightest of
rights" - Jassmin 8-24-19

Re: Man Caused Global Warming predicted over 100 years ago...
Reply #30 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 6:02am:
Most cited is a 1975 Newsweek article The Cooling World that suggested cooling "may portend a drastic decline for food production":

"Meteorologists disagree about the cause and extent of the cooling trend… But they are almost unanimous in the view that the trend will reduce agricultural productivity for the rest of the century."

A 1974 Times Magazine article Another Ice Age? painted a similarly bleak picture:

"When meteorologists take an average of temperatures around the globe, they find that the atmosphere has been growing gradually cooler for the past three decades. The trend shows no indication of reversing. Climatological Cassandras are becoming increasingly apprehensive, for the weather aberrations they are studying may be the harbinger of another ice age."

It only reinforces the AGW disaster that is in process.

Yes, there are solar cycles and variations in the earth's rotation, tilt, and orbit that may cause periodic cooling. If this is currently the case, then it only makes the AGW problem more pronounced: despite astronomical causes of cooling, our release of CO2 and other greenhouse gases is causing the planet to heat up.

FAIL

What is the cost of lies? It's not that we'll mistake them for the truth. The real danger is that if we hear enough lies, then we no longer recognize the truth at all. What can we do then? What else is left but to abandon the hope of truth and content ourselves instead with stories. In these stories it doesn't matter who the heroes are. All we want to know is who is to blame. - V. Legasov

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #31 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 1:28pm:
Really?

Yep, you have no interest is Petep's remarks.  Curious what is there to object to about his solution?  Do you prefer conflict over a reasonable solution to our energy?

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #32 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 10:51am:
Estimated 40 Percent of Scientists Doubt Manmade Global Warming

"I would guess it is about 40% now."
Singer ..

Grin

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #33 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 1:30pm:
"I would guess it is about 40% now."
Singer ..

Grin

Let's discuss Petep's remark about our attempt to resolve this if we are all in the same boat regarding our energy source.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #34 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 10:51am:
Estimated 40 Percent of Scientists Doubt Manmade Global Warming

Fred Singer

In a February 2001 letter to the Washington Post, Singer denied receiving funding from the oil industry, except for consulting work some 20 years prior. SEPP, however, received multiple grants from ExxonMobil, including 1998 and 2000.

In addition, Singer's current CV on the SEPP website states that he served as a consultant to several oil companies. The organizations Singer has recently been affiliated with - Frontiers of Freedom, ACSH, NCPA, etc. - have recieved generous grants from Exxon on an annual basis.

Singer's fossil fuel ties don't bother you?  How do you react to abortion information from Planned Parenthood??

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #35 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 1:35pm:
Fred Singer

In a February 2001 letter to the Washington Post, Singer denied receiving funding from the oil industry, except for consulting work some 20 years prior. SEPP, however, received multiple grants from ExxonMobil, including 1998 and 2000.

In addition, Singer's current CV on the SEPP website states that he served as a consultant to several oil companies. The organizations Singer has recently been affiliated with - Frontiers of Freedom, ACSH, NCPA, etc. - have recieved generous grants from Exxon on an annual basis.

Singer's fossil fuel ties don't bother you?  How do you react to abortion information from Planned Parenthood??

I am very curious to why you are preferring to avoid a reasonable discussion as Petep laid out.  Is it because you prefer to pick fights rather then discuss a common ground between us?  Do you fear discussing with us reasonable solutions would make you look bad to all your leftist antagonist on this forum, ruining your reputation?  Are we to now assume that the only reason you are on this forum is to start or pick fights?

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #36 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 1:38pm:
I am very curious to why you are preferring to avoid a reasonable discussion as Petep laid out. 

What reasonable discussion?  That people will buy based on their own economics?  Duh. . ..

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #37 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 1:41pm:
What reasonable discussion?  That people will buy based on their own economics?  Duh. . ..

That we all do prefer alternative, cheap form of energy.  If that is the case then why even go the route of man made climate change if we are all in the same boat together?  I would say that instead of that route we simply discuss what steps would be acceptable to obtain our end results and get more people on board.

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #38 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 1:44pm:
That we all do prefer alternative, cheap form of energy.  If that is the case then why even go the route of man made climate change if we are all in the same boat together?  I would say that instead of that route we simply discuss what steps would be acceptable to obtain our end results and get more people on board.

Perhaps a good discussion ..

BRB ..  The real world calls.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #39 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 1:47pm:
Perhaps a good discussion ..

BRB ..  The real world calls. 

Just remember, if you sprinkle while you tinkle, please be neat and wipe the seat.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Man Caused Global Warming predicted over 100 years ago...

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog