Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Upgrades Needed For Sustained F-22 Operations During A Crisis In Europe Axed For Wall
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Upgrades Needed For Sustained F-22 Operations During A Crisis In Europe Axed For Wall (Read 545 times)
Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Upgrades Needed For Sustained F-22 Operations During A Crisis In Europe Axed For Wall
Sep 10th, 2019 at 10:44am
Print Post  
Quote:
The Pentagon says it will defer building various facilities to support rotating deployments of F-22 Raptors to Germany as part of a larger reallocation of military funds to support wall construction along the United States' southwestern border with Mexico. Delaying the planned work, which included setting up a dedicated repair center that would be able to maintain the composite structures, exotic coatings, and other elements of the stealth fighter's sensitive radar-absorbing skin, could have significant impacts on the Air Force's ability to operate these jets for sustained periods in the region during a crisis.

On Sept. 4, 2019, the U.S. military announced it would redirect a total of $3.6 billion in funding to wall construction. All of these funds came from spending that Congress had approved between Fiscal Years 2017 and 2019 to support 127 individual military construction projects within the United States and elsewhere around the world, including the F-22-related work at Spangdahlem Air Base. The installation currently hosts a squadron of USAF Block 50 F-16CJ/DJ Vipers.

--------------------------------

To be clear, as far as we know, America's most capable air-superiority fighter – an aircraft designed to take on Russia  – cannot sustain forward operations in mainland Europe during a crisis without these upgrades.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/29698/upgrades-needed-for-sustained-f-22-o...

Does Trump work for Putin?  I think so.

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Upgrades Needed For Sustained F-22 Operations During A Crisis In Europe Axed For Wall
Reply #1 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 10:46am
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 10:44am:

Explain why Congress just doesn't simply give him the money he is asking for rather then your open ended drama?  Most Americans want border enforcement, few people want open borders.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Upgrades Needed For Sustained F-22 Operations During A Crisis In Europe Axed For Wall
Reply #2 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 11:12am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 10:46am:
Explain why Congress just doesn't simply give him the money he is asking for rather then your open ended drama?  Most Americans want border enforcement, few people want open borders.

What do you mean "just simply give him the money"?  That's the job of Congress.  To decide WHAT programs are to be funded and what programs are NOT to be funded.  That's in the Constitution.  Did you forget?  Congress decides that.  In your world, if the President doesn't get what he wants from Congress, he can simply declare an emergency and move money where ever he wants?  So he takes money from military readiness for his bogus wall.  How is that keeping you safer?

Greg

IP Logged

Czarcasm
LNF Senior Staffer6

Reply #3 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 11:12am:
What do you mean "just simply give him the money"?  That's the job of Congress.  To decide WHAT programs are to be funded and what programs are NOT to be funded.  That's in the Constitution.  Did you forget?  Congress decides that.  In your world, if the President doesn't get what he wants from Congress, he can simply declare an emergency and move money where ever he wants?  So he takes money from military readiness for his bogus wall.  How is that keeping you safer?

Greg

Sucks it up buttercup. Ask Iran to give it back.

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 11:18am
Print Post  
Czarcasm wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 11:17am:
Sucks it up buttercup. Ask Iran to give it back.

So Abe, can I call you Abe?  You're back?

Greg

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 11:12am:

Greg

He was elected PRIMARILY based on that promise.  So the people want this.  Hey, in the end he gets it and Congress will fund it in a round about way by providing those funds from where he pulled it.   Wink

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Czarcasm
LNF Senior Staffer6

Reply #6 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 11:18am:
So Abe, can I call you Abe?  You're back?

Greg

Why Abe? My honesty?  But if it makes you happy you can call me anything that you like. Just not late for dinner.

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #7 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 11:23am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 11:20am:
He was elected PRIMARILY based on that promise.  So the people want this.  Hey, in the end he gets it and Congress will fund it in a round about way by providing those funds from where he pulled it.   Wink

Oh...  Then if Obama had funded the Affordable Care Act in that manner, you'd have been OK with that.  Yes?

Greg

IP Logged

The D-Man
LNF Representative

Reply #8 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 11:26am
Print Post  
It's all about priorities. I agree with Trump that protecting our own borders is a higher priority than protecting the borders of Europe.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 11:23am:
Oh...  Then if Obama had funded the Affordable Care Act in that manner, you'd have been OK with that.  Yes?

Greg

Thanks for bringing that up, maybe this is the same as cramming a bill through in the middle of the night.  Get over it, the wall is going up as we speak, crying over spilt milk has no redeeming value.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Upgrades Needed For Sustained F-22 Operations During A Crisis In Europe Axed For Wall

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog