Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Upgrades Needed For Sustained F-22 Operations During A Crisis In Europe Axed For Wall
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Upgrades Needed For Sustained F-22 Operations During A Crisis In Europe Axed For Wall (Read 549 times)
forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Re: Upgrades Needed For Sustained F-22 Operations During A Crisis In Europe Axed For Wall
Reply #20 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 11:20am:
He was elected PRIMARILY based on that promise.  So the people want this.  Hey, in the end he gets it and Congress will fund it in a round about way by providing those funds from where he pulled it.   Wink

Congress was elected in 2018 and Trump lost the house.  Trump was unable to get congress to fund his wall even when he had unified control of govt, and he is clearly unable to get it now that he lost his popular mandate.  Obamacare still stands because it was enacted by congress.  Trump is BYPASSING the will of the people, as expressed in the mid-term elections.

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Upgrades Needed For Sustained F-22 Operations During A Crisis In Europe Axed For Wall
Reply #21 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 2:54pm:
How?  When they could not muster up the 60 vote super majority they changed the rules for a simple majority.

I hate to point this out but, the constitution calls for a simple majority.  60 votes is needed to break a filibuster.  You recall when Ted Kennedy died they had to switch to using budget reconciliation which only requires a simple majority.  Again, how is this "jamming"?  AND, this was Congress excersizing it's power.  It's what they do.  Trump is circumventing Congress to pull money, authorized by Congress, from national defense and put it into his wall.  There are still some questions about the legality of that.  Oh yeah, if you recall, the Dems had a deal with the Republicans to give Trump money for border security.  He blew that up and shut down the government.  So now, he has to weakened the military by taking the money from them.

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #22 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 3:13pm:
I hate to point this out but, the constitution calls for a simple majority.  60 votes is needed to break a filibuster.  You recall when Ted Kennedy died they had to switch to using budget reconciliation which only requires a simple majority.  Again, how is this "jamming"?  AND, this was Congress excersizing it's power.  It's what they do.  Trump is circumventing Congress to pull money, authorized by Congress, from national defense and put it into his wall.  There are still some questions about the legality of that.  Oh yeah, if you recall, the Dems had a deal with the Republicans to give Trump money for border security.  He blew that up and shut down the government.  So now, he has to weakened the military by taking the money from them.

Greg

Thank you, will remind you of this when the Rep do this.   Wink  Do not worry, the military has not been weakened.  I am for securing our border and since the Dems sole purpose is to simply obstruct Trump, this action works for me.  It will be nice to finally resolve this issue

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #23 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 3:49pm:
Thank you, will remind you of this when the Rep do this.   Wink  Do not worry, the military has not been weakened.  I am for securing our border and since the Dems sole purpose is to simply obstruct Trump, this action works for me.  It will be nice to finally resolve this issue

And I will remind YOU when the incoming Dem president declares a gun emergency, orders an assault weapons ban and buy back program and takes the money from the  military.

It won't weaken them of course.

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Cades Cove
LNF Senior Staffer4
LNF Bunker

Reply #24 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
Anyone want to bet that the upcoming budget will be theft proof?

Q is Omnipotent!

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #25 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 4:02pm:
And I will remind YOU when the incoming Dem president declares a gun emergency, orders an assault weapons ban and buy back program and takes the money from the  military.

Greg

I guess we can assume you are an open border advocate.  Still using that 2 wrongs make a right issue?   Grin

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #26 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
Cades Cove wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 4:08pm:
Anyone want to bet that the upcoming budget will be theft proof?

Unless a Dem wins.  We know how this game is played.

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #27 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 4:02pm:

Greg

I genuinely can't see anyone banning them - there are 5-10 million in the US...its one of the least used guns in crime...tho one of the most used in mass shootings..which is such a tiny tiny handful fraction of the millions that are out there...what is the gov't going to say...ok you 7.5 million, turn them in because 4 people used them last year to commit a murder...

should we ban cars because some irresponsible drunk drivers use cars to kill at least 30 people each day??

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #28 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 3:49pm:

Ah.  So the military has billions of unneeded cash just laying around.

Sounds like we should cut defense spending.

Ignorant Blessings from Wads:

Wadsworth wrote on Feb 19th, 2019 at 9:18am:
Regulations are designed to protect the consumer and the worker.  If it doesn’t,it is not a regulation.

"Watched it.  A shotgun is for long ranged shooting.  That is why hunters like them.  An AR-15 is not.  That video was misleading.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #29 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 4:13pm:
I genuinely can't see anyone banning them - there are 5-10 million in the US...its one of the least used guns in crime...tho one of the most used in mass shootings..which is such a tiny tiny handful fraction of the millions that are out there...what is the gov't going to say...ok you 7.5 million, turn them in because 4 people used them last year to commit a murder...

should we ban cars because some irresponsible drunk drivers use cars to kill at least 30 people each day??

What are they going to do when the majority of these owners refuse to abide by the law?  That is a nightmare for lawmakers.  It happened I believe in Ct. if I recall.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Upgrades Needed For Sustained F-22 Operations During A Crisis In Europe Axed For Wall

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog