Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Upgrades Needed For Sustained F-22 Operations During A Crisis In Europe Axed For Wall
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Upgrades Needed For Sustained F-22 Operations During A Crisis In Europe Axed For Wall (Read 547 times)
Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

[i]Latin quote hinting
at my great intellect.[/i]

Re: Upgrades Needed For Sustained F-22 Operations During A Crisis In Europe Axed For Wall
Reply #30 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 10:44am:

We should be more like Europe.

OR

We need to make sure we spend money to protect Europe.

Choose one but not both.

Buddy_Love wrote on Jul 16th, 2019 at 5:17pm:
I'm fine where I am. I love America. However, you don't like America, so it's you that should leave.

Ulysses wrote on Aug 12th, 2019 at 10:00pm:
I dare you to say that to Cuomo's face.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Upgrades Needed For Sustained F-22 Operations During A Crisis In Europe Axed For Wall
Reply #31 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Lomelis wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 4:15pm:
Ah.  So the military has billions of unneeded cash just laying around.

Sounds like we should cut defense spending.

Hey, I agree, as well as cutting redundant agencies (FBI, ATF, Homeland Security,/ NSA, NIS, NRO...), Medicaid and Medicare, SS...  Also eliminating Departments not authorized in the Constitution like the Dept of Education.  Think of the trillions of dollars we would save by taking these measures and getting back to the constraints of the Constitution.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #32 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 4:15pm:
What are they going to do when the majority of these owners refuse to abide by the law?  That is a nightmare for lawmakers.  It happened I believe in Ct. if I recall.

It happened too in canada when they tried a gun registration...here is what happened...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danielfisher/2013/01/22/canada-tried-registering-lo...

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #33 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 4:18pm:
Hey, I agree, as well as cutting redundant agencies (FBI, ATF, Homeland Security,/ NSA, NIS, NRO...), Medicaid and Medicare, SS...  Also eliminating Departments not authorized in the Constitution like the Dept of Education.  Think of the trillions of dollars we would save by taking these measures and getting back to the constraints of the Constitution.

Huh

How can you say you want to get back to the constraints of the Constitution while supporting this blarantly unconstitutional act by Trump?

Ignorant Blessings from Wads:

Wadsworth wrote on Feb 19th, 2019 at 9:18am:
Regulations are designed to protect the consumer and the worker.  If it doesn’t,it is not a regulation.

"Watched it.  A shotgun is for long ranged shooting.  That is why hunters like them.  An AR-15 is not.  That video was misleading.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #34 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
Dan Haar: Untold Thousands Flout Gun Registration Law
Dan Haar
Everyone knew there would be some gun owners flouting the law that legislators hurriedly passed last April, requiring residents to register all military-style rifles with state police by Dec. 31.

But few thought the figures would be this bad.

By the end of 2013, state police had received 47,916 applications for assault weapons certificates, Lt. Paul Vance said. An additional 2,100 that were incomplete could still come in.

That 50,000 figure could be as little as 15 percent of the rifles classified as assault weapons owned by Connecticut residents, according to estimates by people in the industry, including the Newtown-based National Shooting Sports Foundation. No one has anything close to definitive figures, but the most conservative estimates place the number of unregistered assault weapons well above 50,000, and perhaps as high as 350,000.

And that means as of Jan. 1, Connecticut has very likely created tens of thousands of newly minted criminals — perhaps 100,000 people, almost certainly at least 20,000 — who have broken no other laws. By owning unregistered guns defined as assault weapons, all of them are committing Class D felonies.

"I honestly thought from my own standpoint that the vast majority would register," said Sen. Tony Guglielmo, R-Stafford, the ranking GOP senator on the legislature's public safety committee. "If you pass laws that people have no respect for and they don't follow them, then you have a real problem."

The problem could explode if Connecticut officials decide to compare the list of people who underwent background checks to buy military-style rifles in the past, to the list of those who registered in 2013. Do they still own those guns? The state might want to know.

"A lot of it is just a question to ask, and I think the firearms unit would be looking at it," said Mike Lawlor, the state's top official in criminal justice. "They could send them a letter."

An aggressive hunt isn't going to happen, Lawlor said, but even the idea of letters is a scary thought considering thousands of people are now in an uncomfortable position. At the least, the legislature should reopen the registration period this year with an outreach campaign designed to boost the numbers.

It could be a tough sell. On Thursday night, Guglielmo heard from a constituent at a meeting in Ashford, who said most of his friends with military-style rifles such as AR-15s had not come forward.

"He made the analogy to prohibition," Guglielmo said. "I said, 'You're talking about civil disobedience, and he said 'Yes.' "...
https://www.courant.com/business/hc-xpm-2014-02-10-hc-haar-gun-registration-felo...

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #35 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Lomelis wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 4:23pm:
Huh

How can you say you want to get back to the constraints of the Constitution while supporting this blarantly unconstitutional act by Trump?

Talked to the Supreme Court, they ruled in his favor.   Cool

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #36 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 4:19pm:
It happened too in canada when they tried a gun registration...here is what happened...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danielfisher/2013/01/22/canada-tried-registering-lo...

This act in Ct leaves tens of thousands unregistered despite the law.  Imagine the entire country was mandated to register, we will have millions of unregistered weapons in this country as a whole.

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #37 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 4:26pm:

They didn't rule on the legality of it. 

Quote:
The lawsuit at the Supreme Court was brought by the American Civil Liberties Union on behalf of the Sierra Club and Southern Border Communities Coalition. The justices who lifted the freeze on the money did not give a lengthy explanation for their decision. But they said among the reasons they were doing so was that the government had made a “sufficient showing at this stage” that those bringing the lawsuit don’t have a right to challenge the decision to use the money.

https://www.apnews.com/5d893d388c254c7fa83a1570112ae90e

Which means it's going BACK to court.

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #38 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 4:26pm:

No they didn't.  They ruled that the Sierra Club had no cause to challenge, that is not a ruling on what Trump is doing.

According to the Constitution which branch of government controls the purse?

Ignorant Blessings from Wads:

Wadsworth wrote on Feb 19th, 2019 at 9:18am:
Regulations are designed to protect the consumer and the worker.  If it doesn’t,it is not a regulation.

"Watched it.  A shotgun is for long ranged shooting.  That is why hunters like them.  An AR-15 is not.  That video was misleading.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #39 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 4:33pm:
They didn't rule on the legality of it. 

Which means it's going BACK to court.

Greg

The justices’ decision to lift the freeze on the money allows President Donald Trump to make progress on a major 2016 campaign promise heading into his race for a second term. Trump tweeted after the announcement: “Wow! Big VICTORY on the Wall. The United States Supreme Court overturns lower court injunction, allows Southern Border Wall to proceed. Big WIN for Border Security and the Rule of Law!”

The Supreme Court’s action reverses the decision of a trial court, which initially froze the funds in May, and an appeals court, which kept that freeze in place earlier this month. The freeze had prevented the government from tapping approximately $2.5 billion in Defense Department money to replace existing sections of barrier in Arizona, California and New Mexico with more robust fencing.

The case the Supreme Court ruled in began after the 35-day partial government shutdown that started in December of last year. Trump ended the shutdown in February after Congress gave him approximately $1.4 billion in border wall funding. But the amount was far less than the $5.7 billion he was seeking, and Trump then declared a national emergency to take cash from other government accounts to use to construct sections of wall...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Upgrades Needed For Sustained F-22 Operations During A Crisis In Europe Axed For Wall

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog