Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Frontline: Flint's Deadly Water
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Frontline: Flint's Deadly Water (Read 87 times)
Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

"I am the rightest of
rights" - Jassmin 8-24-19

Frontline: Flint's Deadly Water
Sep 11th, 2019 at 1:46am
Print Post  
Excellent program, still in progress as I type.

So far:

1) The water problem in Flint wasn't just lead contamination

2) The biggest death toll was from Legionnaire's Disease - from the water

3) Members of the state Republican administration were charged with manslaughter for their involvement in the failure to ensure safe drinking water for Flint.

A lot of people died. Many were misdiagnosed as simply having pneumonia. The state dragged its heels on testing them, and the water, for Legionnella bacteria.

This disgusting.

What is the cost of lies? It's not that we'll mistake them for the truth. The real danger is that if we hear enough lies, then we no longer recognize the truth at all. What can we do then? What else is left but to abandon the hope of truth and content ourselves instead with stories. In these stories it doesn't matter who the heroes are. All we want to know is who is to blame. - V. Legasov

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

"I am the rightest of

Re: Frontline: Flint's Deadly Water
Reply #1 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 1:56am
Print Post  
A twist at the end: Michigan voters ousted the Republican administration. The new Democratic administration decided to dismiss "without prejudice" the charges against the former officials, saying the cases were fatally flawed, but new charges can still be filed. This does not sit well with some in Flint. Time will tell if a new investigation will result in an ironclad case against those responsible for poisoning so many people, and then doing all they could to cover it up.

What is the cost of lies? It's not that we'll mistake them for the truth. The real danger is that if we hear enough lies, then we no longer recognize the truth at all. What can we do then? What else is left but to abandon the hope of truth and content ourselves instead with stories. In these stories it doesn't matter who the heroes are. All we want to know is who is to blame. - V. Legasov

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #2 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 5:43am
Print Post  
this is a good balanced, non sensationalized, overview:

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/feb/15/whos-blame-flint-wa...

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

"I am the rightest of

Reply #3 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 8:32am
Print Post  
petep wrote on Sep 11th, 2019 at 5:43am:

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/feb/15/whos-blame-flint-wa...

Dated (2016) and incomplete. No mention whatsoever of the fact that the switched water supply resulted in a Legionnaire's Disease epidemic, the full scope of which was covered up by passing off scores of legionnaire's cases as only "pneumonia".

The Frontline show updates the findings to this year, and the investigation is ongoing.

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #4 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 8:39am
Print Post  
I read the last article.  What's going on now?  This is three years after that article was written.  Should I still be somewhat concerned regarding Flint?  Should I just  eat breakfast now or wait?  Was someone just bored?

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #5 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 8:43am
Print Post  
petep wrote on Sep 11th, 2019 at 5:43am:

Good article.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

"I am the rightest of

Reply #6 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 11:09am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 11th, 2019 at 8:43am:
Good article.

Outdated and incomplete article.

LNF Cons constantly bash threads when the linked article is more than a few months old. This one is three years old. A lot more has been learned about the Flint disaster since then.

Open your eyes once in a while.

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
my article is simply about the etymology of the decision to make the change...how it happened, who was involved...and very clear, unbiased balanced fashion...

those facts have remain unchanged...i'd imagine the lasting effects of lead contaminated water, and contaminated water in general, will last long into the future

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

"I am the rightest of

Reply #8 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Sep 11th, 2019 at 4:01pm:
my article is simply about the etymology of the decision to make the change...how it happened, who was involved...and very clear, unbiased balanced fashion...

those facts have remain unchanged...i'd imagine the lasting effects of lead contaminated water, and contaminated water in general, will last long into the future

"etymology of the decision"? Really? How about writing proper English?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Frontline: Flint's Deadly Water

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog