Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Poll: 28% of Democrats Say It Should be Illegal to Join the NRA
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Poll: 28% of Democrats Say It Should be Illegal to Join the NRA (Read 471 times)
PaleoCon
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Ne sutor ultra crepidam.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas

Re: Poll: 28% of Democrats Say It Should be Illegal to Join the NRA
Reply #20 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on Sep 11th, 2019 at 2:21pm:
Excellent. It was so difficult finding you in the past, but you are conveniently putting yourselves on lists for us. Greatly appreciated.

Since you're so curious about "normal", I'll school you a bit. The only places that the Big Brother sentiment above would be "normal" would be Nazi Germany, the Soviet Union or the PRC.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child – miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.” — P.J. O’Rourke

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #21 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
KSU_Aviator wrote on Sep 11th, 2019 at 2:17pm:
Because of this thread, I joined the NRA. I own a couple of weapons, but never been a huge gun enthusiast. But, now, I see just how radical the left has become. They even have political candidates outright calling for bans on weapons. $100 for 5 years seemed like a heck of an insurance policy for my rights.

life member...became one after living in CA and seeing how radical and controlling the left is

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #22 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
Frenchconnection wrote on Sep 11th, 2019 at 3:21pm:
Name one liberal group outside the Democrat party that has membership numbers close to the NRA.

Sure.. Lemmings do like to bunch together.. .

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #23 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
Name one liberal group outside the Democrat party that has membership numbers close to the NRA.

'Nuff said.

the entire party...

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #24 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Sep 11th, 2019 at 3:55pm:
life member...became one after living in CA and seeing how radical and controlling the left is

My Grandfather was an NRA member until the late 70s.  Seems that after the NRA endorsed the Gun Control Act of 1968 gunphuckers took them over and set out on the radical path that we see the NRA follow today ..  That's when he said that they were getting to damn crazy for him ..

IP Logged

Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Reply #25 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 4:11pm
Print Post  

'Nuff said.

I took up the challenge. It took me a while. And I didn't find one for sure. I thought the NEA would be a good bet, but they only claim 3 million numbers.

The NRA claims about five million members.

The closest I found was PETA. PETA claims to have 6.5 million members "and supporters." That "and supporters" leaves a lot of wiggle room though.

Without further evidence, I'm giving the edge to the NRA. I'm fairly certain the NRA has more than 1.5 million supporters that aren't members.

The NRA and PETA numbers are self-reported as far as I know, so take that for what it's worth.

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #26 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
Maestro wrote on Sep 11th, 2019 at 4:11pm:
The NRA and PETA numbers are self-reported as far as I know, so take that for what it's worth.

The NRA also keeps dead members on their member list.. as one would..

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #27 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Sep 11th, 2019 at 4:10pm:
My Grandfather was an NRA member until the late 70s.  Seems that after the NRA endorsed the Gun Control Act of 1968 gunphuckers took them over and set out on the radical path that we see the NRA follow today ..  That's when he said that they were getting to damn crazy for him ..

That's longer than I have been a member, so I really do not have a reference point regarding how they were and are now...

Pre 1968, anyone could buy a gun mail order, and most public schools, including all of those in NYC, had marksmanship programs and you could bring your own gun to school...in RI, when I was a kid, we had a marksmanship program and you could bring your 22 to the town armory to shoot..carry out in the open, walk down the street...odd, we had no school shootings nationally then, with far more liberal, free policies.

I have not seen them engage in anything I'd consider radical. In fact, many of the members were upset with the NRA, when they did not back a piece of pro gun legislation bush said he would get behind via exec order. In their monthly they explained that although on the surface it was very pro gun, they could not support it as it was a president using his power, single handedly, to pass legislation...and it could just as easily be the other way around...I respected that.

I will say in the past most all your heard about was their education, which they still lead in...but as the radical gun ban crowd has taken away rights - horrific and horrible DC, chicago, maryland, NJ as examples, they have taken on a much more significant role in legislative activity.

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

"I am the rightest of
rights" - Jassmin 8-24-19

Reply #28 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
OK, even Rasmussen is distorting their own poll results:

1) The exact wording of their question was NOT limited to just the NRA. It was:

"4* Should Americans be prohibited by law from belonging to pro-gun rights organizations like the NRA?"

So what other pro-gun rights organizations are there out there? KKK? Proud Boys? Stormfront?  The Rasmussen headline glosses over that, and flatly states "NRA", not "like the NRA". Fail.

2) Left out of the right wing pearl clutching is the poll results that 15% of Republicans also think membership in organizations like the NRA should be illegal. Why don't LNF cons mention that stat? Plus, 10% of non-affiliated citizens think membership in gun orgs "like" the NRA should be illegal. WTF?

What is the cost of lies? It's not that we'll mistake them for the truth. The real danger is that if we hear enough lies, then we no longer recognize the truth at all. What can we do then? What else is left but to abandon the hope of truth and content ourselves instead with stories. In these stories it doesn't matter who the heroes are. All we want to know is who is to blame. - V. Legasov

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

Courage is fearing something,
then doing it anyway

Re: Poll: 28% of Democrats Say It Should be Illegal to Joint the NRA
Reply #29 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
PaleoCon wrote on Sep 11th, 2019 at 3:12pm:
So, to summarize, leftists just make it up as they go along. No standards, no principles, no morality, just the fad of the day, forced on everyone because of majority rule. Seriously, does the left's lemming like amorality sound "normal" to any thinking person here?   Unlike leftists, we conservatives DO have those unwavering moral standards and principles, which defines our normalcy.

It's a fallacy to claim that "getting rid of one, gets rid of the other". Planned Parenthood just gave up their government funding, yet their non-baby slaughter health services are still going strong. Oops.

And you've yet to show us how supporting the killing thousands of innocent children every day is normal in any way.

Gender is synonymous with sex.  Look it up.  Biologically, there are only two genders/sexes and no more, although there are rare chromosomal abnormalities that can result in sexual ambiguity. Biologically and anatomically, heterosexuality is normal. Biologically, sustained growth (and therefore, life) begins at the point of that a fertilized embryo attaches to the uterine wall.

Each point of normalcy is determined by mother nature, reality and common sense. Everything else is just make believe, biologically speaking.

Polygamy is ILLEGAL in Utah, but it's STILL heterosexual. Throughout recorded history, marriage has been based on a heterosexual foundation. Marriage was and is a dedication/declaration/celebration of the natural sexual function of the species. Take away the biological compatibility and the "marriage" is little more than make believe.

So, as long as Christians don't follow their faith and adhere to God's teachings, they are just barely tolerable to leftists.  And you actually think that that's a normal attitude?

Like I told you, pick any metric and I'll show how conservatives are normal and decent and leftists miss the mark.

Wow, you managed to cram that response with so much fallacious opinionated drivel, it will take me several responses to cover it all. Amazing, you are truly gifted in bull$hit.

The only point I'll concede is polygamy in Utah. It is still practiced, but it is technically illegal.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Poll: 28% of Democrats Say It Should be Illegal to Join the NRA

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog