Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Donald Trump Wins ‘Complete Shutdown of the Asylum System’
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Donald Trump Wins ‘Complete Shutdown of the Asylum System’ (Read 70 times)
stu_gatze
LNF Speaker

Conservatism today, tommorow..&
forever!

Donald Trump Wins ‘Complete Shutdown of the Asylum System’
Sep 12th, 2019 at 9:47am
Print Post  

Great news, .. eh Leftists?  Smiley Smiley

Story below

Donald Trump Wins ‘Complete Shutdown of the Asylum System’

By: Neil Munro
12 Sep 2019

President Donald Trump has won the power to shut down the asylum system, complain pro-migration advocates, ending a process which has been exploited by millions of economic migrants to get blue collar jobs in the United States.

The protests came late Wednesday after the U.S. Supreme Court announced it would let Trump’s asylum reforms operate while California judges review their legality.

The court’s decision means Trump’s reforms can operate well into 2020, giving voters a clear way to assess the impact of Trump’s 2020 promises.

“Tonight’s news that the Trump administration will be able to move ahead on what is essentially a complete shutdown of the asylum system at the Southern border is truly awful,” said Todd Schulte, the top lobbyist for a group of wealthy West Coast investors.

MORE>https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2019/09/12/donald-trump-wins-complete-shutdown...

'Modern Progressive Liberalism' .. is a mental disorder!

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Donald Trump Wins ‘Complete Shutdown of the Asylum System’
Reply #1 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 10:03am
Print Post  
Not "so much awful", imo.  Isn't asylum based on political judgements and not on "I need a job"?  This is probably my bad, but when I saw the man with the little boy on his lap, I wondered "How many times has that little boy been used to gain asylum for an adult?"  Cute little boy.

Gaining asylum is a process which doesn't include illegal entry into our nation after crossing two or three other nations upon leaving your home nation.  Why not plead asylum in Mexico?  It's a large nation.

We supposedly are a law abiding nation.  That includes legally entering our nation.

IP Logged

stu_gatze
LNF Speaker

forever!

Reply #2 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 10:49am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Sep 12th, 2019 at 10:03am:
Not "so much awful", imo.  Isn't asylum based on political judgements and not on "I need a job"?  This is probably my bad, but when I saw the man with the little boy on his lap, I wondered "How many times has that little boy been used to gain asylum for an adult?"  Cute little boy.

Gaining asylum is a process which doesn't include illegal entry into our nation after crossing two or three other nations upon leaving your home nation.  Why not plead asylum in Mexico?  It's a large nation.

We supposedly are a law abiding nation.  That includes legally entering our nation.

I am GLAD that Trump won on that!   Smiley

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 10:55am
Print Post  
wasn't this a 7-2 decision...not much detail other than noting 2 dissents...but i read somewhere it was 7-2...thats overwhelming when you consider how radical ginsberg and sotomayer are...

IP Logged

stu_gatze
LNF Speaker

forever!

Reply #4 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 11:12am
Print Post  
petep wrote on Sep 12th, 2019 at 10:55am:
wasn't this a 7-2 decision...not much detail other than noting 2 dissents...but i read somewhere it was 7-2...thats overwhelming when you consider how radical ginsberg and sotomayer are...

I believe you are correct, .. it was a 7-2 tally, .. I believe I heard that, too!  Cool

If so ... that's a wow for Trump and conservatives for sure!  Smiley

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #5 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 11:33am
Print Post  

petep wrote on Sep 12th, 2019 at 10:55am:

It was 7-2 decision to grant a stay pending the government's appeal in the 9th circuit.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/18pdf/19a230_k53l.pdf

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Donald Trump Wins ‘Complete Shutdown of the Asylum System’

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog