Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Let's talk impeachable offenses
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Let's talk impeachable offenses (Read 197 times)
Queshank
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Let's talk impeachable offenses
Oct 8th, 2019 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
See, it's different for everyone.

That's the problem people on the left refuse to acknowledge.

For example:

I voted for Obama in 2008.  Not only did I vote for him, but I attended my first presidential campaign speech in my hometown to see Obama. 

I voted for him again in 2012.

I don't regret either vote.  He was better than the alternatives.  By miles in 2008, and at least by yards in 2012.

But I think he should have been impeached for using the military's targetted assassination drone program to assassinate American citizens for excercising their freedom of speech.

That's my impeachment trigger.  What's yours?

Queshank

The question isn't whether or not we're descended from monkeys.  The question is, when are we going to stop descending?

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: Let's talk impeachable offenses
Reply #1 - Oct 8th, 2019 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Oct 8th, 2019 at 1:16pm:
See, it's different for everyone.

That's the problem people on the left refuse to acknowledge.

For example:

I voted for Obama in 2008.  Not only did I vote for him, but I attended my first presidential campaign speech in my hometown to see Obama. 

I voted for him again in 2012.

I don't regret either vote.  He was better than the alternatives.  By miles in 2008, and at least by yards in 2012.

But I think he should have been impeached for using the military's targetted assassination drone program to assassinate American citizens for excercising their freedom of speech.

That's my impeachment trigger.  What's yours?

Queshank

Source that.  That is news to me.   I can’t imagine Mitch McConnell letting Obama get away with killing Americans with drones.

PaleoCon wrote on Jul 17th, 2019 at 10:18am:
No blacks will buy that cap.  Look at the bill! It's all curved like normal people wear. The bill of the hat is supposed to be flat with a shiny goofy looking sticker in the middle of it.

No self respecting thug would be without his sticker!

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #2 - Oct 8th, 2019 at 4:55pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Mojo-Jojo
LNF Representative3

The hobo fohmally known
as Jojo is no mo'.

Reply #3 - Oct 8th, 2019 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Invading a nation over non-existent WMDs is high on my list.

If you are more fortunate than others, build a longer table, not a taller fence.

Oh noes! Virtue Signaling!!

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #4 - Oct 8th, 2019 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
Mojo-Jojo wrote on Oct 8th, 2019 at 5:10pm:

I'd definitely take that one too.

But then it gets dicey.  Because the original sin in that major, major, MAJOR foreign policy blunder was Bush the Elder's lies about the treatment of babies in Kuwaiti hospitals ... based on the manufactured stories of the daughter of Kuwait's ambassador to the US.

In October 1990 Nayirah, a teenage girl, testified before the Congressional Human Rights Caucus, that she had seen Iraqi soldiers remove hundreds of Kuwaiti babies from incubators and leave them to die on hospital floors.  The chairmen of the congressional group explained that the witness's identity would be kept secret to protect her family in occupied Kuwait. President George H. W. Bush cited the incubator story six times in speeches and seven senators cited the story as a reason for voting to give the Bush administration authorization for the Gulf War. The atrocities of the Iraqis in Kuwait were compared to that of the Nazis.

After the liberation of Kuwait campaign, an ABC News reporter interviewed hospital doctors who stayed in Kuwait throughout the Iraqi occupation and indicated that the story was almost certainly false. Subsequent investigation showed that, unknown to most members of the Caucus, the 15-year-old Kuwait girl was the daughter of the Kuwaiti ambassador to the United States, Saud bin Nasir Al-Sabah. As one reporter observed, such knowledge might have led to demands of proof of Nayirah's whereabouts when she said she witnessed the atrocities and calls for corroboration of the story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizens_for_a_Free_Kuwait

If we had bothered to hold Bush the Elder accountable for his lies and manipulations, we wouldn't have had Bush the Younger's invasion of Iraq.  And yet we still let these people defend their legacies and claim they know everything about foreign policy.

Here's something everyone knows because they experience it first hand, but seen to have forgotten:

"You don't know what you're doing."

And

"You're not doing things the way I think you should do them."

Are the same thing.

Queshank

The question isn't whether or not we're descended from monkeys.  The question is, when are we going to stop descending?

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

"I am the rightest of
rights" - Yasmin 8-24-19

Reply #5 - Oct 8th, 2019 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Oct 8th, 2019 at 5:30pm:

But then it gets dicey.  Because the original sin in that major, major, MAJOR foreign policy blunder was Bush the Elder's lies about the treatment of babies in Kuwaiti hospitals ... based on the manufactured stories of the daughter of Kuwait's ambassador to the US.

In October 1990 Nayirah, a teenage girl, testified before the Congressional Human Rights Caucus, that she had seen Iraqi soldiers remove hundreds of Kuwaiti babies from incubators and leave them to die on hospital floors.  The chairmen of the congressional group explained that the witness's identity would be kept secret to protect her family in occupied Kuwait. President George H. W. Bush cited the incubator story six times in speeches and seven senators cited the story as a reason for voting to give the Bush administration authorization for the Gulf War. The atrocities of the Iraqis in Kuwait were compared to that of the Nazis.

After the liberation of Kuwait campaign, an ABC News reporter interviewed hospital doctors who stayed in Kuwait throughout the Iraqi occupation and indicated that the story was almost certainly false. Subsequent investigation showed that, unknown to most members of the Caucus, the 15-year-old Kuwait girl was the daughter of the Kuwaiti ambassador to the United States, Saud bin Nasir Al-Sabah. As one reporter observed, such knowledge might have led to demands of proof of Nayirah's whereabouts when she said she witnessed the atrocities and calls for corroboration of the story.

If we had bothered to hold Bush the Elder accountable for his lies and manipulations, we wouldn't have had Bush the Younger's invasion of Iraq.  And yet we still let these people defend their legacies and claim they know everything about foreign policy.

Here's something everyone knows because they experience it first hand, but seen to have forgotten:

And

Are the same thing.

Queshank

Both Bushes were doing the oligarchy's bidding with regard to Iraq.

Obama? Not so much. I don't regard collateral damage as the same as out and out lying about WMD's and incubator babies. Maybe you do, that's your right.

Meanwhile your man Donny wants to execute the whistleblower. How does that fit into your Nirvana?

Three Little Mafia Dons

IP Logged

Mojo-Jojo
LNF Representative3

The hobo fohmally known
as Jojo is no mo'.

Reply #6 - Oct 8th, 2019 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Oct 8th, 2019 at 5:30pm:

And

Are the same thing.

Queshank

Ha!

Funny you bring that up. I was completely against sending our military to the dessert to protect the KSA and was proud that the majority of the Dems, House and Senate, voted against the authorization. They've been trying to appear "tough" ever since. :/

If you are more fortunate than others, build a longer table, not a taller fence.

Oh noes! Virtue Signaling!!

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #7 - Oct 8th, 2019 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
I track most of our political problems to how the equity lords have captured our government, elections included.  There is a lot to be done legislatively to fix this, but as far as impeachable offenses go, I'm triggered by strenuous efforts to undermine elections.

- election fraud
- championing dark money
- court-hacking
- voter suppression
- related obstruction

We can't clean up our govt without tackling these electoral issues first.

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Oct 8th, 2019 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Oct 8th, 2019 at 4:55pm:

Well, since it was not intentional, it is silly to say Obama should have been impeached

No blacks will buy that cap.  Look at the bill! It's all curved like normal people wear. The bill of the hat is supposed to be flat with a shiny goofy looking sticker in the middle of it.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - Oct 8th, 2019 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
Mojo-Jojo wrote on Oct 8th, 2019 at 5:10pm:

Water boarding is high on my list

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Let's talk impeachable offenses

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog