Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › For the first time, U.S. billionaires paid a lower tax rate than the working class
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) For the first time, U.S. billionaires paid a lower tax rate than the working class (Read 390 times)
Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

"I am the rightest of
rights" - Yasmin 8-24-19

For the first time, U.S. billionaires paid a lower tax rate than the working class
Oct 9th, 2019 at 1:49am
Print Post  
For the first time in history, U.S. billionaires paid a lower tax rate than the working class last year

So much for Donny looking after the average American.

How much taxes did Donny pay?

Quote:
A new book-length study on the tax burden of the ultrarich begins with a startling finding: In 2018, for the first time in history, America’s richest billionaires paid a lower effective tax rate than the working class.

“The Triumph of Injustice,” by economists Emmanuel Saez and Gabriel Zucman of the University of California at Berkeley, presents a first-of-its kind analysis of Americans’ effective tax rates since the 1960s. It finds that in 2018 the average effective tax rate paid by the richest 400 families in the country was 23 percent, a full percentage point lower than the 24.2 percent rate paid by the bottom half of American households.

In 1980, by contrast, the 400 richest had an effective tax rate of 47 percent. In 1960, their tax rate was as high as 56 percent. The effective tax rate paid by the bottom 50 percent, by contrast, has changed little over time.

Disgusting!
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2019 at 11:20pm by Ulysses »  

Three Little Mafia Dons

IP Logged

Phillip3
LNF Representative

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: For the first time, U.S. billionaires paid a lower tax rate than the working class
Reply #1 - Oct 9th, 2019 at 2:01am
Print Post  
Surely all that additional money trickled down to the middle class, right?

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Re: For the first time, U.S. billionaires paid a lower tax rate than the working class
Reply #2 - Oct 9th, 2019 at 7:43am
Print Post  
MAGA.. Make America Gilded Again..

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #3 - Oct 9th, 2019 at 7:45am
Print Post  
Phillip3 wrote on Oct 9th, 2019 at 2:01am:
Surely all that additional money trickled down to the middle class, right?

“The "trickle-down" theory: the principle that the poor, who must subsist on table scraps dropped by the rich, can best be served by giving the rich bigger meals.”
Blum

IP Logged

billy.
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Oct 9th, 2019 at 9:06am
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Oct 9th, 2019 at 1:49am:

Glad to see someone include payroll taxes that the rich don't pay, but the poor and middle class do.

I wonder if they considered the matching employer contribution (hidden worker tax) that would have been salary.

the wis-dum of acrhie
"I am sure Trump is like me."
"There is no capitalism under Obama’s rule. He is a fu8&^ communist."

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

"I am the rightest of
rights" - Yasmin 8-24-19

Reply #5 - Oct 9th, 2019 at 10:03am
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Oct 9th, 2019 at 7:45am:
“The "trickle-down" theory: the principle that the poor, who must subsist on table scraps dropped by the rich, can best be served by giving the rich bigger meals.”
Blum

Smiley

Three Little Mafia Dons

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #6 - Oct 10th, 2019 at 12:05am
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Oct 9th, 2019 at 7:45am:
Blum

The theory is clearly flawed if one thinks that somehow those whose only source of wealth is "table scraps dropped by the rich" are somehow giving "the rich" anything.

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

"I am the rightest of
rights" - Yasmin 8-24-19

Reply #7 - Oct 11th, 2019 at 11:46am
Print Post  
wyattstorch2004 wrote on Oct 10th, 2019 at 12:05am:
The theory is clearly flawed if one thinks that somehow those whose only source of wealth is "table scraps dropped by the rich" are somehow giving "the rich" anything.

Their labor, you moron.

Three Little Mafia Dons

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #8 - Oct 11th, 2019 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Oct 11th, 2019 at 11:46am:
Their labor, you moron.

Right.  So they don't just live off "table scraps" from the rich. Obviously.  Thanks for making that clear.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #9 - Oct 11th, 2019 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
If you have no problem with the working class paying a lower tax rate than the billionaires, then you should have no problem with billionaires paying a lower tax rate than the working class *FOR THE FIRST TIME*.

As I always say, I support a flat tax rate where every working American 18 years or older has to pay the exact same rate. It shouldn't matter if you make $1 billion a year or $1,000 a year. Everybody should pay, and everyone should pay the same rate.

Angelina Love with the Botox Injection!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › For the first time, U.S. billionaires paid a lower tax rate than the working class

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog