Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › John Solomon foisted a bogus story on Fox News viewers. His punishment? A contract.
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) John Solomon foisted a bogus story on Fox News viewers. His punishment? A contract. (Read 90 times)
Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

John Solomon foisted a bogus story on Fox News viewers. His punishment? A contract.
Oct 9th, 2019 at 8:55am
Print Post  
There's a lot of "Solomites" out there these days. 

Quote:
Fox News host Sean Hannity in late July presented a daring prediction about former FBI director James B. Comey. A then-ongoing investigation by the Justice Department’s inspector general, roared Hannity, would find Comey guilty of a “lack of candor” in answering questions about the handling of classified information and other matters.

Said Hannity on his July 31 program: “The DOJ’s watchdog, the Inspector General [Michael] Horowitz, is preparing a damning report on Comey’s ‘conduct in his final days as the FBI director that will likely conclude that he leaked classified information and showed a lack of candor.’ That would be lying. That’s why a lot of other people just got indicted and they’re going to jail for that.”

That proclamation was based on a story by “Hannity” regular John Solomon in the Hill. The headline: “James Comey’s next reckoning is imminent — this time for leaking.”

And it was bogus, as the eventual actual Justice Department IG report made clear. Released in late August, the report did not find that Comey behaved with a “lack of candor,” which is indeed a bureaucratic term for lying. And it “found no evidence that Comey or his attorneys released any of the classified information contained in any of the memos to members of the media.”

Faced with a black-and-white rebuttal of their reporting, Hannity and Solomon did what propagandists do: They gaslit. “Let’s be clear, this report is exactly what a few weeks ago we told you exactly what it would be. We were not wrong,” said Hannity. When pressed on the fully off-target conclusions of his IG report preview, Solomon sent the Erik Wemple Blog an explanation of how Comey violated FBI policy and leaked a memo ... to his attorneys.

What does Solomon get for such work? A contract, it turns out: He is now a Fox News contributor.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/10/08/john-solomon-foisted-bogus-st...

Are YOU a Solomite?

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Re: John Solomon foisted a bogus story on Fox News viewers. His punishment? A contract.
Reply #1 - Oct 9th, 2019 at 9:16am
Print Post  
everything in solomons report is true...

fox wants facts and data reporters who are fair and balanced...

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: John Solomon foisted a bogus story on Fox News viewers. His punishment? A contract.
Reply #2 - Oct 9th, 2019 at 9:26am
Print Post  
petep wrote on Oct 9th, 2019 at 9:16am:
everything in solomons report is true...

fox wants facts and data reporters who are fair and balanced...

Are you a Solomite?

Greg

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Oct 9th, 2019 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
Any Solomites in here today?  I hear he excavated some document on Hunter Biden last night on Hannity.

Greg

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Oct 10th, 2019 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Bump for the Solomites.

Greg

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #5 - Oct 10th, 2019 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Brian Williams did what you say?

And got what?

Queshank

The question isn't whether or not we're descended from monkeys.  The question is, when are we going to stop descending?

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #6 - Oct 10th, 2019 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Oct 10th, 2019 at 2:49pm:
Brian Williams did what you say?

And got what?

Queshank

He got demoted.  Say Q.  Are YOU a Solomite?

Greg

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - Oct 10th, 2019 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Oct 10th, 2019 at 2:51pm:
He got demoted.  Say Q.  Are YOU a Solomite?

Greg

I'm not fond of men's buttcheeks, no.

Queshank

The question isn't whether or not we're descended from monkeys.  The question is, when are we going to stop descending?

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #8 - Oct 10th, 2019 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Oct 10th, 2019 at 2:56pm:
I'm not fond of men's buttcheeks, no.

Queshank

No Q....  Homey don't swing that way. Cheesy

Greg

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - Oct 10th, 2019 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Oct 10th, 2019 at 3:06pm:
No Q....  Homey don't swing that way. Cheesy

Greg

I really don't know much of anything about the Ukraine/Biden/Trump/Foreign born dudes, Greg.  I love you man, so I'm going to admit that to you.  I've been heavily invested in moving to California and playing cribbage on my balcony with my wife, watching the sun set over the palm trees while I smoke a joint.

Haven't read the news in weeks.

But I'm betting I don't really need in order to predict the ways both sides are going to spin and argue this story.  That's the bet I'm taking.  I'm going out of my way to remain as clueless on this subject as possible.

Does it really feel new to you, Greg?  I'm not so sure.  Kinda feels like Act 2 is just a rerun of Act 1.  Speaking as a common man now who doesn't pay attention to the news like the rest of the voting public.

Queshank

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › John Solomon foisted a bogus story on Fox News viewers. His punishment? A contract.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog