Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › An alternative to abortion, I'm just curious how you conservatives would react
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) An alternative to abortion, I'm just curious how you conservatives would react (Read 561 times)
Freon_Bale
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Courage is fearing something,
then doing it anyway

An alternative to abortion, I'm just curious how you conservatives would react
Nov 5th, 2019 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Ok, so abortion, the KILLING OF THE BABY, as you put it, is against your beliefs. Fine.

What if instead, the embryo was frozen in a state that could be thawed and matured at any point in the future?

Would that be a good compromise?

Then I could have whatever sex I want, and you don't have to feel bad about dead babies.

What do you say?

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Re: An alternative to abortion, I'm just curious how you conservatives would react
Reply #1 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
Freon, I know this May be hard for you to understand but I’ll try.

Some of us believe that a life is precious. That it should be valued. That the creation of it, as great as sex is, is also special. And we have no issues with sex for pure pleasure, because we do it too. but be responsible about it. It’s not that hard. And if you expect others to pay for your mistakes and irresponsible via your insurance or tax subsidized abortions, it simply makes you a selfish ass

Many people in different cultures have multiple kids with multiple women and don’t raise them because they have your same attitude, just taken a step further. If the fetus has no value, then who cares about a kid.

I don’t expect you to understand any of this. I’m speaking to a more enlightened crowd.

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

[i]Latin quote hinting
at my great intellect.[/i]

Re: An alternative to abortion, I'm just curious how you conservatives would react
Reply #2 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on Nov 5th, 2019 at 2:39pm:
Ok, so abortion, the KILLING OF THE BABY, as you put it, is against your beliefs. Fine.

What if instead, the embryo was frozen in a state that could be thawed and matured at any point in the future?

Would that be a good compromise?

Then I could have whatever sex I want, and you don't have to feel bad about dead babies.

What do you say?

When and how would this embryo be retrieved?

Wadsworth wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 3:31pm:
We are talking about this government, aren't we?  If we were any other kind of government like China or NK, we would not even be having this discussion because you would not even be allowed to own a gun. 

Vypr wrote on Oct 15th, 2019 at 8:25am:
By all accounts Syria was somewhat calm.

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
It impossible for him to understand the concept have as much sex as you want, but if you don’t want the responsibility of having a child take the necessary precautions.

It’s the whole accountability responsibility thing that gets him lost

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #4 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Nov 5th, 2019 at 3:47pm:
It impossible for him to understand the concept have as much sex as you want, but if you don’t want the responsibility of having a child take the necessary precautions.

It’s the whole accountability responsibility thing that gets him lost

It's not just him, too many think that we should pick up their tab for their own misdeeds.  There is a point you must be responsible for your own actions.  Maybe his family never educated him regarding the risks involved with having sex, especially outside of marriage.  The risk of disease, a child or even death is all part of this risky behavior.  That means some thought and action is needed before engaging is risky behavior.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

then doing it anyway

Reply #5 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Nov 5th, 2019 at 3:42pm:
Freon, I know this May be hard for you to understand but I’ll try.

Some of us believe that a life is precious. That it should be valued. That the creation of it, as great as sex is, is also special. And we have no issues with sex for pure pleasure, because we do it too. but be responsible about it. It’s not that hard. And if you expect others to pay for your mistakes and irresponsible via your insurance or tax subsidized abortions, it simply makes you a selfish ass

Many people in different cultures have multiple kids with multiple women and don’t raise them because they have your same attitude, just taken a step further. If the fetus has no value, then who cares about a kid.

I don’t expect you to understand any of this. I’m speaking to a more enlightened crowd.

Oh I get it, petep, I just don't agree with it.

How should we kill the baby? We could kill it chemically before insemination by using birth control, or we can use a condom and kill it mechanically. All of this is considered acceptable to your side (though frankly, at one time even that bothered y'all).

Or we can wait until after insemination, after the two haploid cells undergo meiosis, and recombination takes place. In nature, a completely boring and normal process that you elevate to G-dliness. Donkey's screw and recombination occurs, as do cats and whales, and none of that is a big deal, but we are a special mammal to you, and our recombination is somehow SO different from theirs, that you attach special significance to it.

It's biology, not theology.

So what is the problem with freezing the embryos. They are not dead. We can inseminate as many conservative women as you want. You get to save the babies, we get to use our bodies as we see fit, and is guaranteed to us in the Constitution and laws of this country.

YOU are the only ones not wanting to follow the law.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on Nov 5th, 2019 at 3:52pm:
Oh I get it, petep, I just don't agree with it.

How should we kill the baby? We could kill it chemically before insemination by using birth control, or we can use a condom and kill it mechanically. All of this is considered acceptable to your side (though frankly, at one time even that bothered y'all).

Or we can wait until after insemination, after the two haploid cells undergo meiosis, and recombination takes place. In nature, a completely boring and normal process that you elevate to G-dliness. Donkey's screw and recombination occurs, as do cats and whales, and none of that is a big deal, but we are a special mammal to you, and our recombination is somehow SO different from theirs, that you attach special significance to it.

It's biology, not theology.

So what is the problem with freezing the embryos. They are not dead. We can inseminate as many conservative women as you want. You get to save the babies, we get to use our bodies as we see fit, and is guaranteed to us in the Constitution and laws of this country.

YOU are the only ones not wanting to follow the law.

You don't agree with taking the necessary precautions?  Is that what you are saying?

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

then doing it anyway

Reply #7 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Nov 5th, 2019 at 3:54pm:
You don't agree with taking the necessary precautions?  Is that what you are saying?

It is not your place to tell me what I can and cannot do with my body, or a woman with hers, hmmm, or me with hers...

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

[i]Latin quote hinting
at my great intellect.[/i]

Reply #8 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on Nov 5th, 2019 at 3:55pm:
It is not your place to tell me what I can and cannot do with my body, or a woman with hers, hmmm, or me with hers...

So 9 months is ok?

Still her body, right?

Wadsworth wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 3:31pm:
We are talking about this government, aren't we?  If we were any other kind of government like China or NK, we would not even be having this discussion because you would not even be allowed to own a gun. 

Vypr wrote on Oct 15th, 2019 at 8:25am:
By all accounts Syria was somewhat calm.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on Nov 5th, 2019 at 3:55pm:

That is not what I asked you.  Go back and read my question and then please let me know.  I am trying to get clarity on your position.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › An alternative to abortion, I'm just curious how you conservatives would react

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog