Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › An alternative to abortion, I'm just curious how you conservatives would react
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) An alternative to abortion, I'm just curious how you conservatives would react (Read 551 times)
petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Re: An alternative to abortion, I'm just curious how you conservatives would react
Reply #70 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 10:30am
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 10:12am:
But, in two of my scenarios, the woman concerned did, in fact, make responsible provision but was let down.

She, however, receives opprobrium from the likes of Seawolf.

I think its a scapegoat to deflect to the extreme situation...99% of pregnancies happen because two adults did not take responsibility or precautions for their actions...

millions upon millions of us make it thru life as singles without getting pregnant, and being responsible when we do have sex......and we wait to a point where we are married, we have kids and we raise them...

why some want to equate getting pregannt as though its like  getting cancer...it just happens thru no ones actions...is what is so ridiculous...

yes, there are pregnancies because some dad raped his daughter...

but you don't set public policy around the extreme...

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: An alternative to abortion, I'm just curious how you conservatives would react
Reply #71 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 10:12am:
But, in two of my scenarios, the woman concerned did, in fact, make responsible provision but was let down.

She, however, receives opprobrium from the likes of Seawolf.

This is incorrect.

In your first scenario, you suggest that a man telling her "i love you" is making responsible provisions.  Really?  That's just nonsense.

In your second scenario, you suggest that using contraceptives that state clearly they are not 100% reliable is making responsible provisions.

I disagree that either is true.  Ulyssese showed us in his own post what responsible provisions look like.  Even if he didn't understand it himself.

Queshank

The question isn't whether or not we're descended from monkeys.  The question is, when are we going to stop descending?

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #72 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 10:36am:
This is incorrect.

In your first scenario, you suggest that a man telling her "i love you" is making responsible provisions.  Really?  That's just nonsense.

In your second scenario, you suggest that using contraceptives that state clearly they are not 100% reliable is making responsible provisions.

I disagree that either is true.  Ulyssese showed us in his own post what responsible provisions look like.  Even if he didn't understand it himself.

Queshank

what about the case where a woman just gets pregnant without having sex at all, it just happens to her....

if I'm wads I'd say "prove that doesn't happen."

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #73 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 10:49am:
what about the case where a woman just gets pregnant without having sex at all, it just happens to her....

if I'm wads I'd say "prove that doesn't happen."

Huh

The most ridiculous statement ever from Lomelis
Lomelis wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 3:03am:
This is why people need to turn against the gov in general.  Only going to get worse.

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #74 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 10:30am:
I think its a scapegoat to deflect to the extreme situation...99% of pregnancies happen because two adults did not take responsibility or precautions for their actions...

millions upon millions of us make it thru life as singles without getting pregnant, and being responsible when we do have sex......and we wait to a point where we are married, we have kids and we raise them...

why some want to equate getting pregannt as though its like  getting cancer...it just happens thru no ones actions...is what is so ridiculous...

yes, there are pregnancies because some dad raped his daughter...

but you don't set public policy around the extreme...

I'm not asking for policy to be set around extremes.

Just that full consideration is given to circumstances, rather than a one-size-fits-all blame game.

Not every unmarried mother is a dumb slut who deserves her unfortunate situation.

Lots of moral high ground being claimed here.

I have a new t shirt.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › An alternative to abortion, I'm just curious how you conservatives would react

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog