Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › The Permanent State and the Intelligence Community are Dangerous
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Permanent State and the Intelligence Community are Dangerous (Read 791 times)
Queshank
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: The Permanent State and the Intelligence Community are Dangerous
Reply #50 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 11:23am:
I believe I started out my comments saying administration officials, so not sure how I'm moving the goal posts.

Because you started a discussion about the Justice Department.  Regardless whether that was your intent.

Quote:
Isn't that what you would want here? For people who won't do the job to leave? And if they're leaving, that would seem to weaken the argument that there are people around to obstruct what we're talking about here.

There are nearly 120,000 people working for the Justice Department.  Is it your contention that everyone that disagrees with Barr and Trump has resigned? 

Queshank

The question isn't whether or not we're descended from monkeys.  The question is, when are we going to stop descending?

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

[i]Latin quote hinting
at my great intellect.[/i]

Reply #51 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
The Honorable Intelligence Community that has lied us into wars unauthorized by the legislature, killing millions who were of no threat to the American people.

That community can’t sit idly by while immense evil like a Ukrainian investigation into obvious corrupt behavior goes on. They will heroically stop it, because that’s what Intelligence Agencies do.

They tell the truth and act with honor, as McLaughlin says above.

Wadsworth wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 3:31pm:
We are talking about this government, aren't we?  If we were any other kind of government like China or NK, we would not even be having this discussion because you would not even be allowed to own a gun. 

Vypr wrote on Oct 15th, 2019 at 8:25am:
By all accounts Syria was somewhat calm.

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #52 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 12:46pm
Print Post  

Queshank wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 12:11pm:
Because you started a discussion about the Justice Department.  Regardless whether that was your intent.

If we go back to my first reply, it was about the administration generally.

Quote:
There are nearly 120,000 people working for the Justice Department.  Is it your contention that everyone that disagrees with Barr and Trump has resigned? 

Is it your contention that all 120k need to be involved in this process?

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #53 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 12:46pm:
If we go back to my first reply, it was about the administration generally.

Is it your contention that all 120k need to be involved in this process?

It's my contention that you only need one to derail an investigation.  How 'bout the power of that whistleblower amirite?

How 'bout the power of those multiple CIA directors lying to Congress and facing no consequences but instead being rewarded with paid positions to defend their lies, amirite?

Queshank

The question isn't whether or not we're descended from monkeys.  The question is, when are we going to stop descending?

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #54 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
I wonder when someone will make the connection between George HW Bush being a former CIA director and the lies that were told both to Congress and the American people to justify our first intervention in Iraq.

Queshank

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #55 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 1:38pm
Print Post  

Queshank wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 12:49pm:
It's my contention that you only need one to derail an investigation.  How 'bout the power of that whistleblower amirite?

The whistleblower came about because the administration wasn't following the legal process. I don't think its incredible to suggest that if the rules were followed, that this wouldn't have gotten to where it is right now.

If you're following the rules, and circle is small, derailing a legitimate corruption investigation becomes increasingly difficult.

Quote:
How 'bout the power of those multiple CIA directors lying to Congress and facing no consequences but instead being rewarded with paid positions to defend their lies, amirite?

Who are no longer in a position to actually derail anything (they can carp sure). He has his own pick for CIA director (of course she's a liar too, but she's Trump's lying CIA director pick, as was Pompeo before her).

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #56 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 1:38pm:
The whistleblower came about because the administration wasn't following the legal process. I don't think its incredible to suggest that if the rules were followed, that this wouldn't have gotten to where it is right now.

If you're following the rules, and circle is small, derailing a legitimate corruption investigation becomes increasingly difficult.

Who should the Trump administration include in that "small circle?"  What are the odds of the anonymous op ed writer being in the circle?

Just from what we've already learned publicly about the Trump administration, I don't think it would have mattered if the rules were followed or not ... there would have been someone "leaking" it to the news and the odds are pretty damn good we'd be right where we are now.  Does it look worse than it needs to?  Yes.  But is it the same thing our government has done vis a vis foreign policy for the past 100 years?  Also yes.

Quote:
Who are no longer in a position to actually derail anything (they can carp sure). He has his own pick for CIA director (of course she's a liar too, but she's Trump's lying CIA director pick, as was Pompeo before her).

The point is there's a different set of "rules" for made guys.  I was mocking the idea that the "rules" should be followed.  Not suggesting ex CIA directors still have influence in the Trump administration.  (Altho they do.)

Queshank

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #57 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 1:51pm
Print Post  

Queshank wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 1:47pm:
Who should the Trump administration include in that "small circle?"  What are the odds of the anonymous op ed writer being in the circle?

Pretty much the same circle of people who were already involved: Sondland, Pompeo, Barr. All of them have official positions within the administration, and they could have triggered this process, i.e., a corruption investigation conducted by Ukraine.

Quote:
Just from what we've already learned publicly about the Trump administration, I don't think it would have mattered if the rules were followed or not ... there would have been someone "leaking" it...

Leaked it? Why would there need to be a leak? Trump would've tweeted about it in all caps.

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #58 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 1:51pm:
Pretty much the same circle of people who were already involved: Sondland, Pompeo, Barr. All of them have official positions within the administration, and they could have triggered this process, i.e., a corruption investigation conducted by Ukraine.

None of them have staff?

Quote:
Leaked it? Why would there need to be a leak? Trump would've tweeted about it in all caps.

Trump's willingness to publicly discuss things he's doing are one of the things that work in his favor in this situation IMO.

(See that leftists?  IMO.  Opinions are opinions.  Not facts.)

Queshank

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #59 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 3:51pm
Print Post  

Queshank wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 3:16pm:
None of them have staff?

Yes, their staff, whom they pick and who are typically people they've worked with previously and have personal loyalties with.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › The Permanent State and the Intelligence Community are Dangerous

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog