Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Maestro's (New & Improved) Christmas Trivia Contest 2019!
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Maestro's (New & Improved) Christmas Trivia Contest 2019! (Read 962 times)
Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Maestro's (New & Improved) Christmas Trivia Contest 2019!
Nov 6th, 2019 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
It's that time of year again!

Last year was the First Annual Maestro's Christmas Trivia Contest here on LNF. A great time was had by all participants and in the end, Ulysses won the gift certificate to Amazon.com!

This year, I've decided to change things up and make it new and improved by getting a little more into the spirit of giving!

Instead of playing for a gift card for yourself, you're going to play for the opportunity to pick out a toy that I will purchase for Toys 4 Tots. I will buy the toy and take a picture of it when I donate it. I will then post that picture here. You will have the joy of knowing you picked out something that will make a needy child happy!

Of course, you also get bragging rights! Along those lines, I will also create a unique signature picture that you can use on LNF to declare your victory. (I will also create one for Ulysses in honor of his win last year).

My local Toys 4 Tots quits accepting gifts after the first week in December. So, this contest will start in the evening of Sunday, November 10th and run through Thanksgiving Day November, 28th. That will give me time to order the gift and deliver it. I will try to have a new question up each evening during that time for people to answer. Points will be awarded for correct answers. The poster with the most points wins!

Here are the rules:

1. To enter, you must have been a member of LNF since 7/1/19 and have at least 100 posts. We are on the honor system here. If you use more than one handle on LNF, please just enter this contest once. Any poster that meets those requirements can play!

2. Go to Amazon.com and pick out a child's toy that meets the following requirements:

A. The gift must cost between $10 and $15.
B. The gift must be available for prime shipping so I can get it in time.

Using this LINK should take you to a page on Amazon that has toys that meet that requirement if you have trouble finding something.

3. Your entry ticket to the competition is to post a reply to this thread that contains a link to the toy on Amazon.com that you wish to choose. You should post that reply before the contest starts Sunday evening to have the best chance to earn the most points, although you can still join after that if you wish.

4. Obviously, no gag gifts, politically-oriented gifts, gifts with super-poor reviews, gifts that aren't toys, or anything otherwise inappropriate for a child. I reserve the right to veto any gift that I feel violates that rule.

5. If there's a tie, we'll find a fair way to randomly select the winner from the top point-earners.

6. Above all, have fun with it!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
« Last Edit: Nov 7th, 2019 at 6:44pm by Maestro »  

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Re: Maestro's (New & Improved) Christmas Trivia Contest 2019!
Reply #1 - Nov 6th, 2019 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
This is so awesome of you, Maestro! I'm not able to do it tonight, but I will definitely try to do it tomorrow! Thank you for your generous spirit!  Smiley

Angelina Love with the Botox Injection!

IP Logged

LadyBug
LNF Senior Staffer6
LNF Bunker

Hey Everybody! Good to
be back.

Reply #2 - Nov 7th, 2019 at 6:39am
Print Post  
What fun! And a GREAT idea for the prize. I already started looking through the gift choices, just 380 pages to go.  Grin  You have a great heart, Maestro. I'll be back. Smiley

Why don't you ask Admin to sticky this thread so it doesn't sink to the next page?

"Life is what happens while you're making other plans."

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #3 - Nov 7th, 2019 at 8:14am
Print Post  
Nice idea, Maestro, and it will mean a lot to the kids.  I won't be partaking in your generous offer, though, because we always give money to a military Toys for Tots every year. Also, our church gets lists of kids from poorer families in our area, gives out their first name only and their age, and we take a boy and a girl and buy each of them an appropriate gift, wrap it and take it back to church by the appropriate date.

Any way, good for you.  You get another star in your crown,   Grin 

BTW, I can't read the words in that shade of green.  Stupid eyes.

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #4 - Nov 7th, 2019 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
Maestro wrote on Nov 6th, 2019 at 6:37pm:
It's that time of year again!

Last year was the First Annual Maestro's Christmas Trivia Contest here on LNF. A great time was had by all participants and in the end, Ulysses won the gift certificate to Amazon.com!

This year, I've decided to change things up and make it new and improved by getting a little more into the spirit of giving!

Instead of playing for a gift card for yourself, you're going to play for the opportunity to pick out a toy that I will purchase for Toys 4 Tots. I will buy the toy and take a picture of it when I donate it. I will then post that picture here. You will have the joy of knowing you picked out something that will make a needy child happy!

Of course, you also get bragging rights! Along those lines, I will also create a unique signature picture that you can use on LNF to declare your victory. (I will also create one for Ulysses in honor of his win last year).

My local Toys 4 Tots quits accepting gifts after the first week in December. So, this contest will start in the evening of Sunday, November 10th and run through Thanksgiving Day November, 28th. That will give me time to order the gift and deliver it. I will try to have a new question up each evening during that time for people to answer. Points will be awarded for correct answers. The poster with the most points wins!

Here are the rules:

1. To enter, you must have been a member of LNF since 7/1/19 and have at least 100 posts. We are on the honor system here. If you use more than one handle on LNF, please just enter this contest once. Any poster that meets those requirements can play!

2. Go to Amazon.com and pick out a child's toy that meets the following requirements:

A. The gift must cost between $10 and $15.
B. The gift must be available for prime shipping so I can get it in time.

Using this LINK should take you to a page on Amazon that has toys that meet that requirement if you have trouble finding something.

3. Your entry ticket to the competition is to post a reply to this thread that contains a link to the toy on Amazon.com that you wish to choose. You should post that reply before the contest starts Sunday evening to have the best chance to earn the most points, although you can still join after that if you wish.

4. Obviously, no gag gifts, politically-oriented gifts, gifts with super-poor reviews, gifts that aren't toys, or anything otherwise inappropriate for a child. I reserve the right to veto any gift that I feel violates that rule.

5. If there's a tie, we'll find a fair way to randomly select the winner from the top point-earners.

6. Above all, have fun with it!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Are power tools OK? It's never too soon to learn a trade....

I have a new t shirt.

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Bert plays with himself

Reply #5 - Nov 7th, 2019 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
Maestro,

Thanks for the reminder!

I never did get around to cashing in the prize for last year's trivia contest. I just went through my emails and found the Amazon gift code you had sent me last year. I just checked and it still appears to be good. I'm hoping these codes do not expire.

In keeping with the holiday spirit, please accept the code back as a donation to this year's toy purchase. If you need the code, PM me and I'll send you it. But you should have it in your sent box, I would think.

Cheers!

Ulysses

IP Logged

RWB
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

LAYING THE SMACKDOWN ON
LIBERALS CANDY ASSES

Reply #6 - Nov 7th, 2019 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Nov 7th, 2019 at 2:27pm:
Maestro,

Thanks for the reminder!

I never did get around to cashing in the prize for last year's trivia contest. I just went through my emails and found the Amazon gift code you had sent me last year. I just checked and it still appears to be good. I'm hoping these codes do not expire.

In keeping with the holiday spirit, please accept the code back as a donation to this year's toy purchase. If you need the code, PM me and I'll send you it. But you should have it in your sent box, I would think.

Cheers!

Ulysses

WOW I'm shocked maybe you do actually have a good heart once in a while. I'm so shocked I'm going to not bitch slap you for a week.

AMERICA LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT         BITCHES

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #7 - Nov 7th, 2019 at 4:52pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #8 - Nov 7th, 2019 at 4:54pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Reply #9 - Nov 7th, 2019 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Nov 7th, 2019 at 8:14am:
Nice idea, Maestro, and it will mean a lot to the kids.  I won't be partaking in your generous offer, though, because we always give money to a military Toys for Tots every year. Also, our church gets lists of kids from poorer families in our area, gives out their first name only and their age, and we take a boy and a girl and buy each of them an appropriate gift, wrap it and take it back to church by the appropriate date.

Any way, good for you.  You get another star in your crown,   Grin 

BTW, I can't read the words in that shade of green.  Stupid eyes.

Thanks for the kind words!

Just keep in mind, the prize is to choose the gift, not pay for it. You choose the gift and post a link to it here. If you win, I'll order it and drop it off in our local T4T dropoff point.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Maestro's (New & Improved) Christmas Trivia Contest 2019!

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog