Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Maestro's (New & Improved) Christmas Trivia Contest 2019!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Maestro's (New & Improved) Christmas Trivia Contest 2019! (Read 2,590 times)
Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Re: Maestro's (New & Improved) Christmas Trivia Contest 2019!
Reply #70 - Nov 28th, 2019 at 11:05pm
Print Post  
The last question has ended!

Results will be released tomorrow morning.

Stay tuned!

IP Logged

Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Reply #71 - Nov 29th, 2019 at 6:37am
Print Post  
Ok, so before we get to the results, we have some bookkeeping to take care of. We've had some posters generously offer to help by donating to the pool of money that will be used to buy the gifts via Amazon gift cards.

So, since we are dealing with money coming in from several sources, I want to make a record of that here so that everything is transparent and there's no room for error.

Here's what we have coming in and from whom. Basically, if someone posted what they wished to donate on this thread, I'm going to post his/her name, but if someone told me via PM, I'm assuming they wish to be anonymous.

Maestro: $10-$15
Ulysses: $10
Anonymous: $10 (This PM was sent to me at Nov 9th, 2019 at 5:52am. The last word in the PM was "do.")

That's a total of $30-$35!

Limey has also requested on this thread to donate £20 which (today anyway) is about $26. We've been in contact and when we spoke yesterday, he was having WiFi issues, but he said he still wished to donate, so I asked him to try to have it ready by this morning. For now, we'll put this money on hold. If we can't get it by this morning, we'll work something else out, but I'm up against a deadline as  the Toys for Tots program quits taking donations soon.

IP Logged

Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Reply #72 - Nov 29th, 2019 at 7:02am
Print Post  

PLEASE SEE THE PREVIOUS POST FOR DETAILS ON THE MONEY WE ARE USING TO PURCHASE THE TOYS FOR TOTS GIFTS.

And now for the winner!

We had five people participate off and on through the contest. They were AmericanMom, Jasmine, LadyBug, Ulysses and crepe.

The points have been tallied. Most questions were worth one point, but questions 10 and 14 were worth 4 points each and question 8 was worth 2 points. You got one point for each correct answer for those three questions.

That's a total of 26 points possible. The top three winners are listed below with their point tallies.

And this year's 2019 Christmas Trivia Champion is...

ULYSSES

Ulysses racked up an impressive 25-26 points!

It's almost certainly 26, but on Question 11 I had initially forgotten to make the "What is your LNF handle?" question required. We had only three posters respond: LadyBug, Jasmine and someone who left that question blank. I'm assuming it was Ulysses, as it would be the only question he didn't do otherwise.

In second place was LadyBug with 20 points and third place was Jasmine with 17 points!

Thanks for playing! I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. I hope we can do it again next year!

Ulysses, if you could please post the Amazon.com links to the gifts you would like to purchase today, I can get them ordered ASAP. For now, please choose $30-$35 worth of toys. 2-3 toys would be perfect. You can post the links to them on this thread.

Also, Ulysses, I will have a new picture for your signature soon.

Congratulations and thanks again to everyone for playing!
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2019 at 7:09am by Maestro »  

IP Logged

Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Reply #73 - Nov 29th, 2019 at 7:13am
Print Post  
I want to give an additional thanks to admin for letting us run this contest and for sticking it up here throughout its run.

Admin, could you please leave it up for another day or so so everyone can see the results?

Thanks again!

IP Logged

LadyBug
LNF Senior Staffer6
LNF Bunker

Hey Everybody! Good to
be back.

Reply #74 - Nov 29th, 2019 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
Congrats, Ulysses! I'll beat you next year!  Wink

And thanks so much for doing this, Maestro. It was great fun and really challenging. I bet you're the fun teacher that everyone wants to have for class. Merry Christmas!  Smiley

"Life is what happens while you're making other plans."

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #75 - Nov 29th, 2019 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
Way to go, Ulysses! Well done!  Smiley

And thank you again for this fun and generous contest, Maestro! I know a lot of work went into it. You came up with great questions!  Smiley

Angelina Love with the Botox Injection!

IP Logged

Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Reply #76 - Nov 29th, 2019 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
LadyBug wrote on Nov 29th, 2019 at 5:36pm:
Congrats, Ulysses! I'll beat you next year!  Wink

And thanks so much for doing this, Maestro. It was great fun and really challenging. I bet you're the fun teacher that everyone wants to have for class. Merry Christmas!  Smiley

Jasmine wrote on Nov 29th, 2019 at 6:27pm:
Way to go, Ulysses! Well done!  Smiley

And thank you again for this fun and generous contest, Maestro! I know a lot of work went into it. You came up with great questions!  Smiley

Thanks to both of you for  playing!

And Ulysses, if you see this, don't forget to post your gift choices!

IP Logged

Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Reply #77 - Nov 29th, 2019 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
I just realized that I got so busy posting the results of the contest this morning that I forgot to also post the answers to the last two questions!

So, here it goes!

Question 18 was "A little girl's name has been removed from the famous Christmas-related quote below and replaced with dashes. What is that name?"

"You may tear apart the baby’s rattle and see what makes the noise inside, but there is a veil covering the unseen world which not the strongest man, nor even the united strength of all the strongest men that ever lived, could tear apart. Only faith, fancy, poetry, love, romance, can push aside that curtain and view and picture the supernal beauty and glory beyond. Is it all real? Ah, [--------], in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding."

The answer is: Virginia!

This passage was from the famous newspaper editorial commonly referred to as "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus."

Question 19 (the final question) was "According to the book of Luke, an Angel told Mary to name her baby Jesus. What does the name 'Jesus' (roughly) mean in English?"

The answer is: God saves! (Sometimes also translated as "God is salvation" or something similar.)

« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2019 at 7:14pm by Maestro »  

IP Logged

Little Lulu
LNF Senior Staffer6

I Love Yulu!

Reply #78 - Nov 29th, 2019 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
What a fun contest!
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2019 at 10:39pm by Little Lulu »  

IP Logged

Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Reply #79 - Nov 30th, 2019 at 7:57am
Print Post  
Ok, I have heard from Ulysses and he has sent me the links to the gifts he has chosen!

Here they are:

Gift 1

Tonka Steel Classic Quarry Dump Truck

LINK

Gift 2

Hot Wheels 9-Car Gift Pack

LINK

Gift 3

Nerf N Strike Elite Strongarm Toy Blaster with Rotating Barrel, Slam Fire, and 6 Official Nerf Elite Darts for Kids, Teens, & Adults(Amazon Exclusive)

LINK

Thanks Ulysses for picking these out! These are great toys and will make three kids really happy. I have ordered them and they should be here on Wednesday. I'll take pictures when they arrive and post them on LNF.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to everyone!
« Last Edit: Nov 30th, 2019 at 8:03am by Maestro »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Maestro's (New & Improved) Christmas Trivia Contest 2019!

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog