Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Where is this whistleblower law
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Where is this whistleblower law (Read 141 times)
petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Where is this whistleblower law
Nov 7th, 2019 at 11:51am
Print Post  
That our wacky emotional left friends keep citing, and who specifically is bound by the law.

I suspect there is come chain and people within the chain who are privy to the identity are bound. I also suspect no one else is bound. If I knew would I be bound?

IP Logged

Lane65

Critical Thinker

Re: Where is this whistleblower law
Reply #1 - Nov 7th, 2019 at 11:53am
Print Post  
petep wrote on Nov 7th, 2019 at 11:51am:
That our wacky emotional left friends keep citing, and who specifically is bound by the law.

I suspect there is come chain and people within the chain who are privy to the identity are bound. I also suspect no one else is bound. If I knew would I be bound?

Ask Republian Grassly, it was his signature legislation, along with other Republicans, who wanted to strengthen it for this very reason.

My political goal is the pursuit of personal liberty & freedom for ALL, not be governed by fools & crooks who pick our pockets then claim its for "our benefit"---it’s a scam. When a politician votes it’s to take away another freedom; tax the people to fatten another's pocket; & grant themselves unlimited powers embodied by a large police & military force at their beck and call if anyone rebels

IP Logged

The D-Man
LNF Representative2

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #2 - Nov 7th, 2019 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
Lane65 wrote on Nov 7th, 2019 at 11:53am:
Ask Republian Grassly, it was his signature legislation, along with other Republicans, who wanted to strengthen it for this very reason.

I think their reason for the law was to protect whistleblowers from retribution, not to keep information hidden that might impact important decisions.

We have two interests here that are in conflict:
1. Protecting a whistleblower from retribution.
2. Revealing all information that might impact important decisions.

Because these interests are in conflict, we have to choose which one has higher priority. I would say that making fully informed decisions has a higher priority than protecting a whistleblower from retribution, especially when the decision is important. Plus, subsequent to revealing the whistleblower's identity, he can still be protected from retribution in other ways, so the first interest is not completely sacrificed for the sake of the second interest.

IP Logged

Lane65

Critical Thinker

Reply #3 - Nov 7th, 2019 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
The D-Man wrote on Nov 7th, 2019 at 12:02pm:
I think their reason for the law was to protect whistleblowers from retribution, not to keep information hidden that might impact important decisions.

We have two interests here that are in conflict:
1. Protecting a whistleblower from retribution.
2. Revealing all information that might impact important decisions.

Because these interests are in conflict, we have to choose which one has higher priority. I would say that making fully informed decisions has a higher priority than protecting a whistleblower from retribution, especially when the decision is important. Plus, subsequent to revealing the whistleblower's identity, he can still be protected from retribution in other ways, so the first interest is not completely sacrificed for the sake of the second interest.

That's your personal opinion, whereas, the very Republican's who enacted this law disagree with you, and why the whistleblower is not being uncovered.  They  believe getting to "the truth" is more important than outing or penalizing a citizen for coming forward and exposing anyone, including the US President, who may be thinking about or is actively engaging in a crime.

What if the whistleblower is a Republican?  Would that change your view or how you perceive this process?

My political goal is the pursuit of personal liberty & freedom for ALL, not be governed by fools & crooks who pick our pockets then claim its for "our benefit"---it’s a scam. When a politician votes it’s to take away another freedom; tax the people to fatten another's pocket; & grant themselves unlimited powers embodied by a large police & military force at their beck and call if anyone rebels

IP Logged

The D-Man
LNF Representative2

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #4 - Nov 7th, 2019 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
Lane65 wrote on Nov 7th, 2019 at 12:24pm:
That's your personal opinion, whereas, the very Republican's who enacted this law disagree with you, and why the whistleblower is not being uncovered.  They  believe getting to "the truth" is more important than outing or penalizing a citizen for coming forward and exposing anyone, including the US President, who may be thinking about or is actively engaging in a crime.

What if the whistleblower is a Republican?  Would that change your view or how you perceive this process?

In this case, there is a truth that may impact the outcome of important decisions, and so that truth is important to know, and that truth is the identity of the whistleblower. And so if getting to the truth is more important than the security of the whistleblower (which can still be protected even if his identity is revealed), then the identity of the whistleblower should be revealed.

Since we do not know who the whistleblower is, we do not know what effect it might have on the outcome. But there is a chance that it may have an effect on the outcome, and so we should not make the decision without that information. Whatever it turns out to be, let the chips fall where they may.

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #5 - Nov 7th, 2019 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
The D-Man wrote on Nov 7th, 2019 at 12:31pm:
In this case, there is a truth that may impact the outcome of important decisions, and so that truth is important to know, and that truth is the identity of the whistleblower. And so if getting to the truth is more important than the security of the whistleblower (which can still be protected even if his identity is revealed), then the identity of the whistleblower should be revealed.

Since we do not know who the whistleblower is, we do not know what effect it might have on the outcome. But there is a chance that it may have an effect on the outcome, and so we should not make the decision without that information. Whatever it turns out to be, let the chips fall where they may.

Allow me to once again say again ...  .

Seriously.. How can we shoot the messenger unless we know who he is?
-TrumpFluffers

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #6 - Nov 7th, 2019 at 12:34pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - Nov 7th, 2019 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Nov 7th, 2019 at 12:34pm:

Sounds like as soon as the whistleblower conspired with dem Schiff workers he was outside the chain of the intel community. The protectionsnoffered are only if one stays within the intel group per the second link.

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #8 - Nov 7th, 2019 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Nov 7th, 2019 at 12:46pm:
Sounds like as soon as the whistleblower conspired with dem Schiff workers he was outside the chain of the intel community. The protectionsnoffered are only if one stays within the intel group per the second link.

Seriously.. How can we shoot the messenger unless we know who he is?
-TrumpFluffers

IP Logged

Lane65

Critical Thinker

Reply #9 - Nov 7th, 2019 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Nov 7th, 2019 at 12:46pm:

Do you, or those who are stating this have substantiated facts or proof?  If so, they are free to file a complaint with the IG who will be the appropriate agency to determine its validity or truthfulness.  That's how the system works.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Where is this whistleblower law

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog