Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Has she been living in a cave? Refuse to watch media over the past 20years?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Has she been living in a cave? Refuse to watch media over the past 20years? (Read 242 times)
Napoleon Bona parts 8 Thru 9
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Get your hand off my thigh,
Steve!

Re: Has she been living in a cave? Refuse to watch media over the past 20years?
Reply #10 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 1:03am
Print Post  
Cades Cove wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 12:56am:
Too bad she wasn't a Wiccan.

Pagan actually.

IP Logged

JohnnyB1OFdaFEW
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Boston Strong- Big Papi

Reply #11 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 2:11am
Print Post  
The D-Man wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 12:21am:
What's wrong with people having different opinions? I would like to see video of her "rant." Maybe there was something wrong with the way she went about it. If she explained her opinion in a calm way, that would be one thing, but if she was yelling and angry, that would be a reason to fire her.

Its a public school. Not the streets. There is a difference. It didn't matter how she explained it. She should have said nothing about the subject. PC is big part of the school systems. You can test it if you want, but you'll lose as she did.

IP Logged

JohnnyB1OFdaFEW
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Boston Strong- Big Papi

Reply #12 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 2:13am
Print Post  
The D-Man wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 12:38am:
I'm indifferent to homosexuals, but this thing where people are punished for having different opinions I do have a problem with. I may be pro-, anti-, or noncommittal toward something, but as soon as I feel like I am being forced to have a particular opinion, I become anti- whatever the forced opinion is.

She wasn't forced into having a certain opinion.

IP Logged

Napoleon Bona parts 8 Thru 9
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Get your hand off my thigh,
Steve!

Reply #13 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 2:23am
Print Post  
JohnnyB1OFdaFEW wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 2:13am:

She should not have been forced out of her job for having one.

IP Logged

The D-Man
LNF Representative3

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #14 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 3:19am
Print Post  
JohnnyB1OFdaFEW wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 2:11am:
Its a public school. Not the streets. There is a difference. It didn't matter how she explained it. She should have said nothing about the subject. PC is big part of the school systems. You can test it if you want, but you'll lose as she did.

I understand that's how things are. I'm saying it shouldn't be. There's no reason to take other people's opinions so seriously.

IP Logged

The D-Man
LNF Representative3

Reply #15 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 3:28am
Print Post  
JohnnyB1OFdaFEW wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 2:13am:

OK, you're right. She was just punished for expressing her opinion. I will speculate that if she had expressed the opposite opinion, she would not have been fired. So people are forced to express only certain opinions or to remain silent. If they don't, they will be punished. I have a problem with that.

I don't see much difference between punishing someone who is homosexual for expressing their homosexuality and punishing someone who has a certain opinion for expressing their opinion.

IP Logged

JohnnyB1OFdaFEW
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Boston Strong- Big Papi

Reply #16 - Dec 3rd, 2019 at 12:39am
Print Post  
The D-Man wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 3:19am:
I understand that's how things are. I'm saying it shouldn't be. There's no reason to take other people's opinions so seriously.

Children don't understand that

IP Logged

JohnnyB1OFdaFEW
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Boston Strong- Big Papi

Reply #17 - Dec 3rd, 2019 at 12:40am
Print Post  
The D-Man wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 3:28am:
OK, you're right. She was just punished for expressing her opinion. I will speculate that if she had expressed the opposite opinion, she would not have been fired. So people are forced to express only certain opinions or to remain silent. If they don't, they will be punished. I have a problem with that.

I don't see much difference between punishing someone who is homosexual for expressing their homosexuality and punishing someone who has a certain opinion for expressing their opinion.

Today's PC.

IP Logged

Little Lulu
LNF Senior Staffer6

I Love Yulu!

Reply #18 - Dec 3rd, 2019 at 1:58am
Print Post  
JohnnyB1OFdaFEW wrote on Dec 3rd, 2019 at 12:40am:
Today's PC.

Weeeellll.... not really.

The teacher should have simply accepted what the students told her they were thankful for and left it at that without making any moral judgemental statements. Think of how that 10 year old student felt, to be told that his two dads were in fact bad people? That was totally out of line. It would also be out of line if the teacher were gay and told a student with male and female parents that their relationship was wrong.

The sub was completely entitled to hold an opinion about gay parenting but the classroom was not the place to express it. She deserved to be let go for her lack of judgement and, yes, compassion for all the students in the class.

That three students in the class told the teacher up front that her rant was upsetting them, and then she persisted to the point where the students left the classroom to complain to the principal... that speaks volumes about how inappropriate that teacher was.

IP Logged

The D-Man
LNF Representative3

Reply #19 - Dec 3rd, 2019 at 2:14am
Print Post  
Little Lulu wrote on Dec 3rd, 2019 at 1:58am:
Weeeellll.... not really.

The teacher should have simply accepted what the students told her they were thankful for and left it at that without making any moral judgemental statements. Think of how that 10 year old student felt, to be told that his two dads were in fact bad people? That was totally out of line. It would also be out of line if the teacher were gay and told a student with male and female parents that their relationship was wrong.

The sub was completely entitled to hold an opinion about gay parenting but the classroom was not the place to express it. She deserved to be let go for her lack of judgement and, yes, compassion for all the students in the class.

That three students in the class told the teacher up front that her rant was upsetting them, and then she persisted to the point where the students left the classroom to complain to the principal... that speaks volumes about how inappropriate that teacher was.

It sounds more like children are being taught at an early age to get upset with people who have different opinions. They should be taught the opposite.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Has she been living in a cave? Refuse to watch media over the past 20years?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog