Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Jane Goodall compares Donald Trump to a chimp
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Jane Goodall compares Donald Trump to a chimp (Read 400 times)
Little Lulu
LNF Senior Staffer6

I Love Yulu!

Re: Jane Goodall compares Donald Trump to a chimp
Reply #10 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 3:59am
Print Post  
Napoleon Bona parts 8 Thru 9 wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 3:50am:
Grin Grin

You're going to go down swinging.

You betta duck, pasty boy:

Quote:
"In many ways the performances of Donald Trump remind me of male chimpanzees and their dominance rituals,” Jane Goodall, the anthropologist, told me shortly before Trump won the GOP nomination. “In order to impress rivals, males seeking to rise in the dominance hierarchy perform spectacular displays: stamping, slapping the ground, dragging branches, throwing rocks. The more vigorous and imaginative the display, the faster the individual is likely to rise in the hierarchy, and the longer he is likely to maintain that position.” source

That's a perfect description of Donald Trump.

IP Logged

The D-Man
LNF Representative2

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #11 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 4:04am
Print Post  
Little Lulu wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 3:59am:

It seems more like a perfect description of finding what one is looking for, which says more about the observer than it does about the object being observed. I have never seen Trump engaging in any of the behaviors she describes. She is demonstrating her lack of objectivity. Like I said, there seems to be a conspiracy to delegitimize science when people do this sort of thing.

IP Logged

Napoleon Bona parts 8 Thru 9
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Get your hand off my thigh,
Steve!

Reply #12 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 4:06am
Print Post  
Little Lulu wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 3:59am:

Grin Grin Grin Grin

You changed sources where she says something different.

IP Logged

Little Lulu
LNF Senior Staffer6

I Love Yulu!

Reply #13 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 4:06am
Print Post  
The D-Man wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 4:04am:
It seems more like a perfect description of finding what one is looking for, which says more about the observer than it does about the object being observed. I have never seen Trump engaging in any of the behaviors she describes. She is demonstrating her lack of objectivity. Like I said, there seems to be a conspiracy to delegitimize science when people do this sort of thing.

This explains your post. You have a blind spot when it comes to Trump. I don't know if it's the result of a slavish devotion to der Fuhrer, or brain damage, or both. But the fact that you don't see it only seems to make it more factual.

IP Logged

Little Lulu
LNF Senior Staffer6

I Love Yulu!

Reply #14 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 4:07am
Print Post  
Napoleon Bona parts 8 Thru 9 wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 4:06am:
Grin Grin Grin Grin

You changed sources where she says something different.

Not really. The first link refers to the second link. I provided the second link in hopes that a demented gerbil boy like you could come up to speed.

IP Logged

Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Steve!

Reply #15 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 4:09am
Print Post  
Little Lulu wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 4:07am:
Not really. The first link refers to the second link. I provided the second link in hopes that a demented gerbil boy like you could come up to speed.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

You lost.

Deal with it.

IP Logged

The D-Man
LNF Representative2

Reply #16 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 4:13am
Print Post  
Little Lulu wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 4:06am:
This explains your post. You have a blind spot when it comes to Trump. I don't know if it's the result of a slavish devotion to der Fuhrer, or brain damage, or both. But the fact that you don't see it only seems to make it more factual.

And that's precisely the problem. Science is objective, such that the observations made by science should not depend on the observer. But what we have here are observations that do depend on the observer, which renders such observations unscientific.

Note that I never claimed that my observations were scientific. Rather, it was Goodall who attempted to cloak her subjective observations with the mantle of science in order to legitimize them. The problem is that by doing so, she in no way legitimized her observations, because they remain just as subjective no matter how many analogies she drags in from anthropology. Instead, all she did is reduce the objectivity of science by claiming to be speaking from the pedestal of science while expressing a subjective observation.
« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2019 at 4:21am by The D-Man »  

IP Logged

Little Lulu
LNF Senior Staffer6

I Love Yulu!

Reply #17 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 4:20am
Print Post  
Napoleon Bona parts 8 Thru 9 wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 4:09am:
Grin Grin Grin Grin

You lost.

Deal with it.

Gerbil Boy is so dumb.

I'll give him another chance to come up to speed:

Donald Trump Is Like an Aggressive Chimp and May Not Last Long as President, Says Famous Primatologist Jane Goodall

Quote:
Primatologist Jane Goodall has made her name studying chimpanzees for over half a century. So, if anyone can deduce a distinct correlation between a brash chimp and the egoistic hubris of, say, the president of the United States, it's Goodall.

Pre-election, last October, Goodall made a comparison between then-Republican candidate Donald Trump and the primates she has devoted her life to understanding.

"In many ways the performances of Donald Trump remind me of male chimpanzees and their dominance rituals," she told the Atlantic.

"In order to impress rivals, males seeking to rise in the dominance hierarchy perform spectacular displays: Stamping, slapping the ground, dragging branches, throwing rocks. The more vigorous and imaginative the display, the faster the individual is likely to rise in the hierarchy, and the longer he is likely to maintain that position."

Trump's election campaign was littered with plenty of metaphorical stamping and rock-throwing, like the press conference with women who alleged sexual misconduct against his political rival Hillary Clinton's husband, Bill Clinton.

Trump's outlandish publicity stunts, boisterous rally speeches and boastful promises to "make America great again," as Goodall presciently foresaw, did help him rise to the highest office in the U.S.

Now that Trump is president, Goodall is doubling down on her comparison between the president and a chimpanzee, agreeing that he is like an aggressive chimp, and even referring to him as a "swaggering" one.

And if Goodall's observations in primate behavior are accurate, then, she says, it's usually the "swaggering" chimps that fall from from their lofty treetops first.

"When chimps are competing for dominance, they do a lot of blustering, swaggering, and intimidation," Goodall explained to Jezebel.

"The chimps who are smart, they use their brain and they get to the top by forming clever alliances, like with their brothers. So you don't challenge the top guy without a lot of support. They last longer, the ones with the brain. The ones who do the swaggering don't last as long."

Just in case you're wondering which camp she feels Trump falls into, the interviewer responded, "Here's hoping." Goodall agreed: "We're all hoping."

So, according to the famed primatologist, Trump is more like a "swaggering" chimpanzee—quick to show his brawn and might—but lacking the intellect to be strategic. Maybe that explains why he goaded Kim Jong Un by calling him "Rocket Man" in his U.N. address Tuesday.

Now, Gerbil Boy, I've given you three references that support the fact that Goodall compared Trump to a posturing male chimp. You're the loser in this thread. Now go climb a tree and peel a banana. You know you want to.

IP Logged

Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Steve!

Reply #18 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 4:24am
Print Post  
Grin Grin Grin Grin

It's flailing again

IP Logged

The D-Man
LNF Representative2

Reply #19 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 4:29am
Print Post  
Little Lulu wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 4:20am:
Gerbil Boy is so dumb.

I'll give him another chance to come up to speed:

Donald Trump Is Like an Aggressive Chimp and May Not Last Long as President, Says Famous Primatologist Jane Goodall

Now, Gerbil Boy, I've given you three references that support the fact that Goodall compared Trump to a posturing male chimp. You're the loser in this thread. Now go climb a tree and peel a banana. You know you want to.

Ah, so it's the science of metaphors. When Trump criticizes his political opponents, it's metaphorically like when a chimpanzee swings a branch. And this from one of the top scientists from her field. It reminds me of Freudian-type science, where dreams of ascending a staircase are a metaphor for having sex, or for whatever your particular bias wants it to be a metaphor for. Like I said, this kind of "science" says more about the observer than the thing being observed, and it harms actual science and the public's opinion of it when people like Goodall do this kind of thing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Jane Goodall compares Donald Trump to a chimp

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog