Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump, Barr say killing of Soleimani justified, whether or not threat was imminent
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Trump, Barr say killing of Soleimani justified, whether or not threat was imminent (Read 279 times)
Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Trump, Barr say killing of Soleimani justified, whether or not threat was imminent
Jan 14th, 2020 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Ah...  The very latest.... lie....

Quote:
After asserting for more than a week that Gen. Qasem Soleimani posed an imminent threat to Americans when he was killed in a drone strike, President Donald Trump and Attorney General William Barr now say that whether the threat was immediate or not, the president had the right to act.

When Trump announced Jan. 3 that he had ordered the drone strike that killed Soleimani, who ran the Revolutionary Guard's elite Quds Force, he said the general was "plotting imminent and sinister attacks on American diplomats and military personnel."

Top administration officials have stood by the assertion that the threat was immediate and have defended the intelligence that led them to that conclusion. But Trump said in a tweet Monday that the question of whether or not the strike was imminent "really didn't matter," and the nation's top law enforcement official said the issue was "something of a red herring."

Critics on Capitol Hill, who have questioned the strategy behind the strike and the decision not to notify Congress, say whether or not Soleimani posed an imminent threat is crucial.

"Why is that important?" House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Eliot Engel, D-N.Y., asked at a hearing on the strike Tuesday. "Because in the case of an imminent threat, the president has authority under Article 2 of the Constitution to protect Americans."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/01/14/trump-administration-jus...

So, lesson learned here.  If you're gonna kill somebody, don't lie about WHY you're killing him.  Multilple times....  Oh, and don't wait until you're impeached by Congress when you could have killed him seven months ago.  Looks bad...

It would ALSO be advisable to analysize and take into consideration the CONSEQUENCES of killing said person.  Think about what sort of retaliation could be brought down on our military members.  Think about them DYING due to your LIES.  Just sayin'....

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

RWB
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

LAYING THE SMACKDOWN ON
LIBERALS CANDY ASSES

Re: Trump, Barr say killing of Soleimani justified, whether or not threat was imminent
Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 2:31pm:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/01/14/trump-administration-jus...

So, lesson learned here.  If you're gonna kill somebody, don't lie about WHY you're killing him.  Multilple times....  Oh, and don't wait until you're impeached by Congress when you could have killed him seven months ago.  Looks bad...

It would ALSO be advisable to analysize and take into consideration the CONSEQUENCES of killing said person.  Think about what sort of retaliation could be brought down on our military members.  Think about them DYING due to your LIES.  Just sayin'....

Greg

AND how many more Americans would have to die at the hands of that murderous terrorist Bastard before you say it was justified?

AMERICA LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT         BITCHES

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Trump, Barr say killing of Soleimani justified, whether or not threat was imminent
Reply #2 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
RWB wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 2:53pm:
AND how many more Americans would have to die at the hands of that murderous terrorist Bastard before you say it was justified?

Oh, I don't know.  But then, why wait seven months to kill him?  Why LIE about it when you do? 

Greg

IP Logged

RWB
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

LAYING THE SMACKDOWN ON
LIBERALS CANDY ASSES

Reply #3 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 2:55pm:
Oh, I don't know.  But then, why wait seven months to kill him?  Why LIE about it when you do? 

Greg

Seven months? Try 7 years why didn't obama take him out? He sure took a bunch of lesser terrorists out.

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
RWB wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 2:59pm:
Seven months? Try 7 years why didn't obama take him out? He sure took a bunch of lesser terrorists out.

Apparently both Bush AND Obama decided killing him was not worth the potential consequences.  OK, Trump killed him.  Damn near started another war in the MidEast.  Damn near got more US troops killed.  Now I wouldn't mind pissing on his grave, but, I wouldn't want ONE US life lost on that joker.

Greg

IP Logged

RWB
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

LAYING THE SMACKDOWN ON
LIBERALS CANDY ASSES

Reply #5 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 3:03pm:
Apparently both Bush AND Obama decided killing him was not worth the potential consequences.  OK, Trump killed him.  Damn near started another war in the MidEast.  Damn near got more US troops killed.  Now I wouldn't mind pissing on his grave, but, I wouldn't want ONE US life lost on that joker.

Greg

BUT by taking him out in the long run we're actually saving American soldiers lives.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
RWB wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 2:53pm:

Do you actually think his plans will cease because he is dead?  Admit it. This was a revenge killing

The most ridiculous statement ever from Lomelis
Lomelis wrote on Nov 8th, 2019 at 3:03am:
This is why people need to turn against the gov in general.  Only going to get worse.

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #7 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
RWB wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 3:11pm:
BUT by taking him out in the long run we're actually saving American soldiers lives.

I would say yes and no on that.  Yes, HE himself will no longer participate in killing US soldiers, but NO, others seeking revenge, like militiamen WILL now target our troops.  In fact, today, it's already started:

Quote:
Several rockets fired at US base Camp Taji near Baghdad

A military base hosting US forces has come under fire, according to Iraq's armed forces.

Its military confirmed Camp Taji, where coalition forces are based along with Iraqi troops, has been targeted with rockets, Reuters reports.

It was not immediately clear whether anyone had been injured in the attack, following conflicting reports.

The Iraqi Military has since issued a statement saying there were no casualties after Taji was targeted by Katyusha rockets.

Reports from the region say the camp came under heavy rocket fire.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/breaking-several-rockets-fired-base-212...

Are we safer?  No.

Greg

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Courage is fearing something,
then doing it anyway

Reply #8 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 2:31pm:

Greg

I do not agree with this policy. As a nation of VALUES, we cannot behave like those we vilify.

Living by our values means that we can kill if we sense a clear and present danger, which was not the case with this Iranian general.

Are we simply going to kill anyone we don't like, now?

I can think of no better way to unify those against us, both friend and foe, and decrease our national security.

In short, un-American stupidity; exactly what I would expect of Trump.

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #9 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 3:26pm:
I do not agree with this policy. As a nation of VALUES, we cannot behave like those we vilify.

Living by our values means that we can kill if we sense a clear and present danger, which was not the case with this Iranian general.

Are we simply going to kill anyone we don't like, now?

I can think of no better way to unify those against us, both friend and foe, and decrease our national security.

In short, un-American stupidity; exactly what I would expect of Trump.

Believe me, I DO understand where you're coming from on this.  I thought and mostly think like this as well.  However, old age and cynicism about the world has shown me that there are some people in this world that are just no damn good and really need killing.  I hate to put it that way, but, well there it is.  I don't like HOW they did it, or apparently, the load list of lies they told to cover it.  Nonetheless, it's done.  Because of the fallout, I wish they hadn't done it, but, like I've said, it's done.

Greg

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump, Barr say killing of Soleimani justified, whether or not threat was imminent

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog