Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Senate resolution to limit Trump’s military authority on Iran has enough GOP votes
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Senate resolution to limit Trump’s military authority on Iran has enough GOP votes (Read 187 times)
Little Lulu
LNF Representative2

Impeachy Keen

Senate resolution to limit Trump’s military authority on Iran has enough GOP votes
Jan 14th, 2020 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
Senate resolution to limit Trump’s military authority on Iran has enough GOP votes to pass, key Democrats say

The nation needs to prepare itself for another round of Trump Rage Tweeting (TRT)...

Quote:
A resolution to curb President Trump’s military authority in Iran has enough votes to pass the Senate, leading Democrats announced Tuesday, stating that Maine Republican Sen. Susan Collins will join three other members of the GOP who had previously announced their support for the measure to invoke Congress’ war powers.

“We now have the 51 votes that we need for the version that’s the bipartisan version,” Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.), the author of the resolution, told reporters, noting that Republican Sens. Collins, Todd C. Young (Ind.), Mike Lee (Utah) and Rand Paul (Ky.) had decided to join all 47 Democrats in backing the measure.

Quote:
KSU_Bloviator wrote: "That's all I've been doing the last few days. Finding ways to keep the poor poor and repress dem dar colored folks."

IP Logged

Mojo-Jojo
LNF Party Leader

Re: Senate resolution to limit Trump’s military authority on Iran has enough GOP votes
Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
Good.

Now rescind the AUMFs and cut the purse strings.

If you are more fortunate than others, build a longer table, not a taller fence.

Oh noes! Virtue Signaling!!

That's the most evilest thing I can imagine.

IP Logged

Wally Wants A Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Re: Senate resolution to limit Trump’s military authority on Iran has enough GOP votes
Reply #2 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
Mojo-Jojo wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 4:46pm:
Good.

Now rescind the AUMFs and cut the purse strings.

Are there enough votes to override a veto?  How many are voting for something they know will never pass just so they can campaign on what they do (without really doing anything?)

Even Little Kiddies know that a bill is not a law and it has a looooong way to go if it ever wants to become one...

" The few will always act like the few.�

�Machiavelli

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”

― Socrates

img]https://i.imgur.com/prBnexU.jpg[/img]
WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Mojo-Jojo
LNF Party Leader

Reply #3 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
Wally Wants A Wall wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 5:55pm:
Are there enough votes to override a veto?  How many are voting for something they know will never pass just so they can campaign on what they do (without really doing anything?)

Even Little Kiddies know that a bill is not a law and it has a looooong way to go if it ever wants to become one...

Hey, at least I'm cheer leading for a return to the Constitution and an end to imperialism. Apparently some in Congress feel the same. You will too when a (D) is elected POTUS again. I look forward to your reawakening. Wink

If you are more fortunate than others, build a longer table, not a taller fence.

Oh noes! Virtue Signaling!!

That's the most evilest thing I can imagine.

IP Logged

Phillip3
LNF Representative2

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #4 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
Mojo-Jojo wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 6:14pm:
Hey, at least I'm cheer leading for a return to the Constitution and an end to imperialism. Apparently some in Congress feel the same. You will too when a (D) is elected POTUS again. I look forward to your reawakening. Wink

Instead of watching YouTube videos, he should try reading the U.S. Constitution and find what the roles of the Executive and Legislative branches are when it comes to war. Trump could use a tutorial too.

IP Logged

Wally Wants A Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #5 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
Mojo-Jojo wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 6:14pm:

Sounds more like you are cheering for Form over Substance and declaring it to be a Victory!  Cheesy

" The few will always act like the few.�

�Machiavelli

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”

― Socrates

img]https://i.imgur.com/prBnexU.jpg[/img]
WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Nox
Hardhat

Grumpy Old Man

Reply #6 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
Little Lulu wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 4:14pm:

Now there is some words you can trust … key dims say ...

IT'S POLITICS NOT PERSONAL

IP Logged

Phillip3
LNF Representative2

Reply #7 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 11:13pm
Print Post  
Wally Wants A Wall wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 6:21pm:
Sounds more like you are cheering for Form over Substance and declaring it to be a Victory!  Cheesy

Wally is proclaiming the Constitution has a lack of substance. Classic.

IP Logged

Phillip3
LNF Representative2

Reply #8 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
Nox wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 11:07pm:
Now there is some words you can trust … key dims say ...

Are any of the GOP senators that were named outright denying it or is this another thread where your argument just consists of denial with no supportive evidence to back it up?

IP Logged

Nox
Hardhat

Grumpy Old Man

Reply #9 - Jan 15th, 2020 at 3:14am
Print Post  
Phillip3 wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 11:15pm:
Are any of the GOP senators that were named outright denying it or is this another thread where your argument just consists of denial with no supportive evidence to back it up?

What a silly thing to say. 

The 'supportive evidence' is that "key democrats" ... whoever the hell they are ... say yada yada.

We are right back to the same old, same old wapo crap of making up a story and using anonymous sources.  And what is worse … these soothsaying dims KNOW just how the R's are going to vote. 

Your statement about the R's not denying it is akin to the age old "When did you stop beating your wife?"

I suggest that you wait until things actually happen before you start believing what vomit that paragon of virtue … aka wapo … pukes up with its … look what's gonna happen non-news.

IT'S POLITICS NOT PERSONAL

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Senate resolution to limit Trump’s military authority on Iran has enough GOP votes

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog