Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › he Trump Effect: Britain, France, Germany Suddenly Harden Toward Iran After Killing O
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic he Trump Effect: Britain, France, Germany Suddenly Harden Toward Iran After Killing O (Read 126 times)
Wally Wants A Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

he Trump Effect: Britain, France, Germany Suddenly Harden Toward Iran After Killing O
Jan 14th, 2020 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
Surprise, surprise: Three countries that are signatories to the infamous Iran nuclear deal have suddenly hardened their positions vis-à-vis Iran after the Trump administration’s airstrike killing Iranian general Qassem Soleimani.

On Tuesday, Britain, France and Germany triggered the nuclear deal’s dispute mechanism, which means Iran has 30 days to stop violating the nuclear deal before a “snapback” of U.N. and EU sanctions on Iran could be implemented, as the Associated Press reports.

As Britain’s Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab informed Parliament, although Russia and China objected to the move by Britain, France and Germany, every time Iran violates the deal, the “breakout time” Iran needs to create a nuclear bomb is diminished. He warned, “Each of these actions were individually serious. Together, they now raise acute concerns about Iran’s nuclear ambitions.”
German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas stated, “Our goal is clear: We want to preserve the accord and come to a diplomatic solution within the agreement. We will tackle this together with all partners in the agreement. We call on Iran to participate constructively in the negotiation process that is now beginning.”

Iran’s Foreign Ministry claimed there would be a “serious and strong response” to the new actions by the triumvirate of European countries. AP noted of the nuclear deal, “Iran last year began violating its limitations in stages … Following the drone strike in Iraq that killed Revolutionary Guard Gen. Qassem Soleimani, Iran announced what it said was its fifth and final step in violating the deal, saying it would no longer abide by any limitation to its enrichment activities.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/breaking-the-trump-effect-britain-france-germany-...

All that was lacking was a President of the United States who would stand up to Iran and provide leadership.  Although this is not the GW Bush policy of " You are wither with us or with the Terrorists " the Trump policy is that " Iran will never be allowed to have a nuclear weapon ".  There was a time when our allies said the same thing.  However, when Obama crawled in bed with the Aylatolla and the Mad Mullas, our allies followed.  Allowing Iran to have nuclear weapons in ten years without changing their radical commitment to international terrorism was simply kicking the can down the road for someone else to have to deal with a far greater problem.

" The few will always act like the few.�

�Machiavelli

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”

― Socrates

img]https://i.imgur.com/prBnexU.jpg[/img]
WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: he Trump Effect: Britain, France, Germany Suddenly Harden Toward Iran After Killing O
Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
Wally Wants A Wall wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 4:14pm:
Surprise, surprise: Three countries that are signatories to the infamous Iran nuclear deal have suddenly hardened their positions vis-à-vis Iran after the Trump administration’s airstrike killing Iranian general Qassem Soleimani.

On Tuesday, Britain, France and Germany triggered the nuclear deal’s dispute mechanism, which means Iran has 30 days to stop violating the nuclear deal before a “snapback” of U.N. and EU sanctions on Iran could be implemented, as the Associated Press reports.

As Britain’s Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab informed Parliament, although Russia and China objected to the move by Britain, France and Germany, every time Iran violates the deal, the “breakout time” Iran needs to create a nuclear bomb is diminished. He warned, “Each of these actions were individually serious. Together, they now raise acute concerns about Iran’s nuclear ambitions.”
https://www.dailywire.com/news/breaking-the-trump-effect-britain-france-germany-...

All that was lacking was a President of the United States who would stand up to Iran and provide leadership.  Although this is not the GW Bush policy of " You are wither with us or with the Terrorists " the Trump policy is that " Iran will never be allowed to have a nuclear weapon ".  There was a time when our allies said the same thing.  However, when Obama crawled in bed with the Aylatolla and the Mad Mullas, our allies followed.  Allowing Iran to have nuclear weapons in ten years without changing their radical commitment to international terrorism was simply kicking the can down the road for someone else to have to deal with a far greater problem.

For Mr. Johnson, this isn't "the Trump Effect", it's "the Brexit Effect".

I'm surprised that's not obvious.

I have a new t shirt.

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Re: he Trump Effect: Britain, France, Germany Suddenly Harden Toward Iran After Killing O
Reply #2 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 4:16pm:

Wally does 'conspiracy' ..  He doesn't do 'obvious'.

IP Logged

Wally Wants A Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #3 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 4:16pm:
For Mr. Johnson, this isn't "the Trump Effect", it's "the Brexit Effect".

Brexit and the election of Trump represents a rejection of the Davos Elites and the autocratic dictates of international 'clubs' making decisions which are contrary to the consent of the governed.  This movement is destabilizing Europe and rather than consider what citizens of each country might want for themselves and their children, the Elites are at war with their own citizenry in their attempt to cling onto power and control.  Trump and Brexit are symptoms,! The effect of Trump's actions boldly taking out this Terrorist Leader has apparently scratched the scab off a festering problem that our allies have with Iran's threat to world peace.

�Machiavelli

― Socrates

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
Wally Wants A Wall wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 4:25pm:
Brexit and the election of Trump represents a rejection of the Davos Elites and the autocratic dictates of international 'clubs' making decisions which are contrary to the consent of the governed.  This movement is destabilizing Europe and rather than consider what citizens of each country might want for themselves and their children, the Elites are at war with their own citizenry in their attempt to cling onto power and control.  Trump and Brexit are symptoms,! The effect of Trump's actions boldly taking out this Terrorist Leader has apparently scratched the scab off a festering problem that our allies have with Iran's threat to world peace.

No, the UK supported the successful long term plan to normalise Iran whilst denying nuclear weapons to the crazy Mullahs.

Brexit is a thing.

Brexit means economic disaster. Therefore, predictably, Mr. Johnson is positioning his tongue carefully in Mr. Trump's trousers, as this country, quite soon, is going to be begging for trade deals with every developed economy.

There is nothing to be jubilant about, although i very much hope some kind of Tunisian/Estonian/Czech velvet revolution, with a South African style reconciliation amongst Iranians (without the SA style subsequent degeneration) comes about.

I have a new t shirt.

IP Logged

Wally Wants A Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #5 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 4:36pm:
No, the UK supported the successful long term plan to normalise Iran whilst denying nuclear weapons to the crazy Mullahs.

Brexit is a thing.

Brexit means economic disaster. Therefore, predictably, Mr. Johnson is positioning his tongue carefully in Mr. Trump's trousers, as this country, quite soon, is going to be begging for trade deals with every developed economy.

There is nothing to be jubilant about, although i very much hope some kind of Tunisian/Estonian/Czech velvet revolution, with a South African style reconciliation amongst Iranians (without the SA style subsequent degeneration) comes about.

What I liked best about your comment was the word picture you created regarding President Trump's trousers and Boris' tongue...  Grin  Thought you guys only went down on your knees for Royalty.

�Machiavelli

― Socrates

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Jan 17th, 2020 at 8:01am
Print Post  
Wally Wants A Wall wrote on Jan 14th, 2020 at 6:04pm:
What I liked best about your comment was the word picture you created regarding President Trump's trousers and Boris' tongue...  Grin  Thought you guys only went down on your knees for Royalty.

British PMs have gone down on their knees for American Presidents since Anthony Eden.

I have a new t shirt.

IP Logged

Wally Wants A Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #7 - Jan 17th, 2020 at 9:00am
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Jan 17th, 2020 at 8:01am:
British PMs have gone down on their knees for American Presidents since Anthony Eden.

God save our King and your Queen  Cheesy

�Machiavelli

― Socrates

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › he Trump Effect: Britain, France, Germany Suddenly Harden Toward Iran After Killing O

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog